Show off your awesome KSP Pictures

Capt'n Skunky

damn... ive lost my NERVA-engine so close to the missiontarget... "Bill is not amused..." :D

clonqfuzuzt.png"]clonqfuzuzt.png

but at the end, the lost of his NERVA was not that big thing after he realised that he get splashed down into an ocean...

luck for him that Jeb has arived him after 8 years! of swimming around his pod :sticktongue:

oj6dvinyhap5.png

as we all know Jeb, he do sometimes some real silly things... like dont check for enuff fuel at the start to return home or maybe reach land... :D

95lu29yyg6j.png

maybe half the way to the beach but out of fuel :blush:

kohwbek8vgdr.png

Jeb sayd: "Hey, we've made 27,9km from your pod Bill.... WE ARE AWESOME!!" :confused:

zupn7sewm5y.png

now, hopefully Bob will get his friends back to Kerbin ... :rolleyes: ...maybe

qyawsoypghiu.png

his two fellows will get off with the two escapepods when they arived a stabile orbit around Kerbin... they sayd they want to see Kerbin from orbit... "silly" :P

fqbwqau1uye.png

...now Bob, its your turn :cool:

-acd :)

What part makes up the chassis of that lander?

The flat 2m to 2x1m adapter from the novapunch pack, under the ascent vessel's decoupler.

Turns out, just about nothing about this whole lander works at all. It needs a lot of modifications, and you have to remember that 270 is "up".

I'm trying to re-create this

Edited by nhnifong

My first ever (for as long as I played, I've never managed) permanent Munar base.

All the parts I've used to liftoff and land are still present on the surface and carry enough fuel to get 4 kerbals home + another sean inside the rover (but with it's own RCS propulsion).

So YES - All of this came from a day worth of engineering (and a single rocket standing on the right)!

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/cBwU2/embed"></iframe>

By the way, I only use MechJeb for maneuvering a debris part after decoupling...

Edited by Astronomer

I've never used RCS to land on any celestial bodies, a proper retroburn is all you need.

RCS is useful when you have a giant ship in space and it takes two minutes to turn around with the command module's gyros.

Depends on how you like landing your ship. I don't care about taking some time to turn a ship in space, but when I land, my philosophy is "if I'm under 9m/s, it's all good" so if I have some horizontal speed, RCS prevent my rocket to flip down and fail. Especially helpfull because my lander are tall.

The Discoverer I and II probes have completed their missions!

The Discoverer I satellite has been placed in a 129 by 141 km orbit around Kerbin

attachment.php?attachmentid=34448&d=1349615965

A picture of where KSC is located

attachment.php?attachmentid=34450&d=1349616047

The Discoverer II probe is in a 41 by 41 km orbit around the Mun.This picture shows Kerbin rise from orbit.

attachment.php?attachmentid=34449&d=1349616014

Here's the mun arch, circled in red.

attachment.php?attachmentid=34451&d=1349616207

The next probe, Discoverer III, will be put in a Minmusian orbit. I'll post of it when I do so.

Edited by Bioman222
left out a bracket!

A duna sample return mission. Initially, the plan was to rendez-vous with a second vessel in duna orbit, but it is so easy to escape duna I did the rendez vous in Kerbin orbit (I couldn't land the sample on kerbin directly because the probe had no parachutes).

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/OlMcF/embed"></iframe>

I posted this in its own thread but I'll put it here too anyway.

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/iQL1T/embed"></iframe>