Chronicles of an Administrator

Thalamask

Heyya folks

I've been a long-time forum-lurker, and finally got around to creating an account. :D

I started playing way back in 0.19, and by 0.21 (still long before Career raised it's head) I'd decided that I needed something more concrete to keep my KSP going. I decided to start from scratch, and write down the stories of my successes (and failures) as they happened. The project grew, and grew, and GREW, and the page-count spiraled out of control. v0.22, then 0.23 came along, then 0.24 and 0.25, then 0.9's beta, then 1.0's release, and still the darned thing wouldn't end! Eventually, I just decided that I had to draw a line somewhere, and started editing, trying to trim back the page-count to something more manageable.

And so, after many, many, many hours of blood, sweat, tears and asplosions, I'd like to present the chronicles of my Kerbal Space Program career for your (hopefully) enjoyment. It's been an EPIC ride, SQUAD. Thanks for an amazing game!

Googledocs

Edited by Thalamask

You know if the length is too long to post you could do it by chapters in posts. I do like how you used google docs though. Plus it's very long and all done and obviously had a LOT of work put into it and it's all there and I don't have to wait for new parts and I can see the images on my school computer since no imgur and it's all awesome and this is awesome. But on to why I was originally posting this: Is it okay if I download the PDF, upload it to my county issued google drive account, convert it to a google doc, and share it with some of my friends from school if I give all credit to you and put your name and a link and stuffs?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, you should probably put this on the thread called a thread for writer's to talk about writing so people who are famous writers on the forums can tell you how awesome it is and maybe provide some feedback.

it's all awesome and this is awesome.

Thanks GSW333, much appreciated.

Is it okay if I download the PDF, upload it to my county issued google drive account, convert it to a google doc, and share it with some of my friends from school if I give all credit to you and put your name and a link and stuffs?

Absolutely, you're more than welcome to do so! I hope they enjoy it as well.

Also, you should probably put this on the thread called a thread for writer's to talk about writing so people who are famous writers on the forums can tell you how awesome it is and maybe provide some feedback.

Good idea! I hadn't realised there was such a thing. I'll go find it now. :wink:

• 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, Generalstarwars333 said:

I remember this... I ended up here again by being fooled in the exact same way into thinking it was about being a forum admin. ah, the memories.

You were also the only one  of a hundred-plus views to respond in any way, so thanks again! :P

Writers thread is here. :)

I'm afraid I missed the Chronicles of an Administrator first time around, but I'm making up for that now! I'm enjoying it so far - nicely lighthearted, very well presented and a very cool (if slightly ad-hoc ;) ) series of Mün missions. Your main characters also make a refreshing change from the Original Three. Great job all round!

Edited by KSK

36 minutes ago, KSK said:

Writers thread is here. :)

I'm afraid I missed the Chronicles of an Administrator first time around, but I'm making up for that now! I'm enjoying it so far - nicely lighthearted, very well presented and a very cool (if slightly ad-hoc ;) ) series of Mün missions. Your main characters also make a refreshing change from the Original Three. Great job all round!

Thanks KSK! Much appreciate the commentary.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Generalstarwars333 said:

Welcome. I just finished reading the story. I'm intrigued by how they will become a space empire in the second volume.

To be honest, I haven't actually even planned a second volume yet. It was just that it was written in character, so a second volume was guaranteed! :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.