please tell me i'm not the only one...

ezequielandrush

I always thought forgetting something important was how the game was meant to be played :confused: My dumbest/awesomest moment came when I sent Bob into orbit, but there was no parachute on the pod. I was too lazy to send something else up so de-orbited him. I don't even know how high it was but at less than 240m/s I EVA'd him thinking I'd hold on but he got blown off- I did full downward force on the rcs pack until I hit a mountain on the downslope, tumbled a bit, AND GOT BOB BACK.

I'm on my zillionth career save now, and i've set my own new record.

Jeb, Bill, Bob, and four tourists are in orbit around the mun, the plan was to land and do some science.

Unfortunatly, half the science stuff fell off the craft somehow. I might have been pushing it with the clipping in the VAB, it tested Ok... Must have been the vibrations on launch.

But anyway, Deciding to abort the mission, I started to develop a space plane for the rescue mission, much to my surprise it worked! And it got to the mun. The plan was to dock to the science/tourist vessel, refuel and take everyone home, but a few problems occurred.

First the spaceplane ran out of power, sending a small rocket with solars on to weld. (accidently sent the first to minmus because I'm a genius) THen it turned out i filled all the crew seats on the space plane! It was full! No way I couldn't believe it. Then to make matters worse, I forgot to put RCS on the spaceplane!! ... so i couldn't dock to refuel the damn thing. And i'm flat out of oxidiser.

My only option now i think is to send a mamoth crew cabin loadout and do a swooping rescue of everyone in my space program lmao.

I've sent a rescue mission for a rescue mission before, but never this bad lmao

I just had to restart my mun exploration mission for the 5th time because I realize I forgot to add a part.

A Winglet... A vernor engine... A Thermometer..... etc

I just needed to share this with someone

Bye!

Zeke

I don't seem to relate to my playing of this game in quite the same way as you. I'm *testing*. And testing and testing and testing.

I test, test , test all my rockets until they're flawless. Then I do the mission.

I seem to see that you think you're "restarting" your mission? Well, maybe there's not really much difference?

Though I would comment that I play Science Sandbox, so costs are no problem. And if I see risks, I always fly the tests unmanned. All my rockets also have some probe core.

P.S. And writing up a checklist for the journey of a complex rocket is vital. This game has not only taught me spaceflight dynamics, but also why the aerospace people are so zealous about their checklists. Really good invention.

Edited by Vermil

KIS is the savior of forgotten stuff. It let you send an probe with an antenna, some science instruments, the missing rcs engines or the docking port.

You can even scavenge other stuff like old probes.

Yes you have to remember an engineer and a drill :)

As some people might say: Keep it classy, folks!

And yes, there have been many times when I've slapped my forehead and gone "d'oh". Forgetting solar panels? Check. Not emptying oxidizer out of a nuclear transfer stage? Check. Mounting landing legs upside down and only realising when I deploy them for landing?

Check, check, check!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.