Is there any tutorial of how to modeling and texturing in blender?

https://www.blender.org/support/tutorials/

There are good beginners tutorials on that site (or beeing linked from that site). Everything from Version 2.5 used in a tutorial is perfectly good for a beginner, as that version got a huge UI change. The tutorials linked from there come from the best blender websites, like CG Cookie.

Speaking of which, CG Cookie has a ver nice beginners tutorial series: https://cgcookie.com/flow/introduction-to-blender/ Only downside: its not for free. But i highly recommend getting a month or to substription and watch everything. Its worth every penny.

• 2 weeks later...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsYZIpeKppQ

Check part 1 and part 2 for modeling and texturing, he has a few inefficient habits in the modeling department but overall it isn't so bad.

I have a thought. Effeciency in modeling is kind of a two edged sword. Iwe spent almost 2 years mainly working on streamlining my modeling workflow and im only now really starting to see the benefits of it. But if you look at for example roverdudes twitch streams youll see he is not really the most effecient modeler. But his designs are still quite interesting to look at. I guess what to take away from this is that its important to seperate efficency from artistic experience. Both are important. And its more a personal preference how far you want to take your experimentation and practice into workflow vs experimentation into artistic expression. One can argue that they are in many cases one in the same but its a bit of a different mindset. Hope this wasnt too "ranty":-P

I have a thought. Effeciency in modeling is kind of a two edged sword. Iwe spent almost 2 years mainly working on streamlining my modeling workflow and im only now really starting to see the benefits of it. But if you look at for example roverdudes twitch streams youll see he is not really the most effecient modeler. But his designs are still quite interesting to look at. I guess what to take away from this is that its important to seperate efficency from artistic experience. Both are important. And its more a personal preference how far you want to take your experimentation and practice into workflow vs experimentation into artistic expression. One can argue that they are in many cases one in the same but its a bit of a different mindset. Hope this wasnt too "ranty":-P

True but you need to take more things into account when modeling assets for games, you can achieve some pretty nice looking results even with low poly models.

Yeah, I'm still picking up tricks to improve my workflow. I've been modeling KSP parts since August 2014, and I'm still finding new things to streamline the process from time to time.

But also, sometimes the slow and tedious method gives you the most precise control. So I wouldn't sweat it if it's slow going at first.

True but you need to take more things into account when modeling assets for games, you can achieve some pretty nice looking results even with low poly models.

I agree. Game asset modeling is truely an artform in its own right. You can create such variety of visual style with your own choice of modeling and texturing methods.

cgcookie will send you a trial period code with full access to courses few days after registration, I'm not sure how many days it last though, I'm not even sure if thats available to everyone.

There are also free tutorials you can download from their "archive" section, you just need to be signed in (account is free).

https://cgcookie.com/archive/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.