Devnote Tuesday: 1.0.5 is approaching

SQUAD

OH MY KRAKEN they're making boats easier?! What about all the arcane tricks for high-speed water bugs that aren't just 'spam intakes'?

...Of course, per Nathan and his badS drag cubes, this will only result in making them /faster/. Mach 1 in water here I come. Forget the hype train, it's time to fire up the hype-drofoils!

lOUt9YAl.jpg

Wonderful devnotes! Durn near every time I read the devnotes I want to go all gushy and thank everyone involved for making such a wonderful game that gives me so much pleasure. I've kept it short this time. Thank you, KSP team! :-)

Is testing progressing well? I can imagine that the testers are very busy right now. Lots of respect to all of those pilots.

Nice way of disguising the question for a release date! :D

Today/this night/tomorrow we will know more - depending on time zone. :wink:

lol @ soon, I know that answer all too well but that wasnt really what I was asking. I really just wondered if the testers were more or less happy with the build and the progress of testing. I can just imagine that testing can be tedious and trying at times and I bet there is never really enough time to test all they want to. There is always something more. :)

Given the hints that have been dropped so far, I fully expect it within a week and maybe-possibly even today.

Nah, it went into experimentials on, what, the 28th? I'd say give it another week.

Waiting for dev notes for today but still not up .

They've been releasing it somewhat late recently, so, within 4 hours at least.

Edited by smjjames

Given the hints that have been dropped so far, I fully expect it within a week and maybe-possibly even today.

It's not going to be released before Media release, I can certainly tell you that. You will know the release day is coming because Twitch and Youtube will fill with vids and streams of the new version. I was thinking this week due to comments made by Maxmaps concerning a faster than normal Experimental stage, but if we haven't seen Media release by today, I don't think it will be till next week, which means the standard Experimentals.

Edited by Alshain

It's not going to be released before Media release, I can certainly tell you that. You will know the release day is coming because Twitch and Youtube will fill with vids and streams of the new version. I was thinking this week due to comments made by Maxmaps concerning a faster than normal Experimental stage, but if we haven't seen Media release by today, I don't think it will be till next week, which means the standard Experimentals.

This. And they won't release on Friday (or probably even Thursday) because the last thing you want to do after a huge push to get software out the door, is work overtime on the weekend to fix any bugs the public finds.

This. And they won't release on Friday (or probably even Thursday) because the last thing you want to do after a huge push to get software out the door, is work overtime on the weekend to fix any bugs the public finds.

Interestingly, the (software) company I work for has a Tuesday release policy as well. We'll do emergency fixes on Weds/Thurs/Fri if required, but we never push out new features close to the weekend.

Because we all know we can't go without KSP for two whole days, that would be madness.

Time to make giant unfeasable floating fortresses.

Aka, Aircraft Carrier. :^)

That said, I'm planning to put mine on some oil rig style pontoon, so it technically is a floating platform. Only remaining question is how to get that thing onto laythe. And if it'll break the soundbarrier.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.