[SHOWCASE] Pirate Space Industries - All Stock Designs by Jolly Roger

One Location for all craft designed by Jolly Roger Jett Quasar - Pirate Space Industries

DBGvJ6X.png

Part Three in my video series features the Dyson Interplanetary Exploration Vessel and the Hunter space Plane
Pictured here is Dyson:

Both the Dyson and Hunter craft are usable in KSP V 1.0.5 and can be downloaded HERE
Hot key descriptions can be found in the craft files

Also featured in this video is the Swani interplanetary explorer - you can download the craft file HERE
YWaCaT6.png

Reliant SSTO Launcher/Lander & Interplanetary Starship
This craft is capable of flying to and landing on most planetary bodies in the Kerbin system, and has been christened the
Reliant-CRV (Crew Return Vehicle). Currently it is launched into orbit via booster, however Space Cowboy is working on an SSTO space plane that will bring the craft into LKO and back to the space center in a first of it's kind effort to create an SSTO with truly infinite range (correction, I couldn't get the design to work so I built another one based on Rune's Longsword - see below).

Features:
- Houses a crew of up to 10 Kerbals
- Various repeatable science experiments on board
- Horizontal landing on most lunar class bodies including Duna
- Refuels on any lunar body with on-board ISRU & drill
- Able to drive around on the surface of any planet by engaging main engines.
- Rated for landing/refueling on the following 11 bodies: Mun, Minmus, Gilly, Moho, Ike, Duna, Drez, Vall, Pol, Bop, and Eeloo.

UPDATE - New Video

Hot Keys:
1) Toggle Whiplash turbojet engines
2) Toggle Rapier engines
3) Switch mode for the Rapier engines
4) Toggle landing engines
5) Deploy drill & solar panels
6) Start mining operations (drill, ISRU, fuel cell)
7) Stop mining operations
8) Deploy Reliant landing gear (this is necessary to avoid deploying gear while mated to the launch vehicle)
"Lights" button will toggle solar panels and antenna as well as cabin lights

Here is a picture of my final test flight:
Taking off using the SSTO space plane launcher/lander craft with the Reliant starship "piggyback"

gY4x8Om.png

Land on Duna and do science - and refuel again for takeoff

eKYeuMs.png

Reliant - by - Jolly Roger - on - Sketchfab

Download the Reliant craft file HERE

Marauder SSTO Space Plane

This beauty will take a crew of up to 10 Kerbals to LKO and back. Great for crew transfers from passing starships or just to admire the great flame effects to and from space...

Hot Keys:
1) Toggle Whiplash Turbojet Engines
2) Toggle Rapier Engines
3) Switch Mode for Rapier Engines
4) Toggle LV-N Nuclear Engines

Download Marauder space plane HERE

von Richthofen Interplanetary Starship (also featured in the above video)

This all-in-one craft features:
- On-board drills and ISRU for planetary refueling
- Separate landing engines for VTOL type landings on moons and small planets
- Detachable resource scanning sensors
- RCS tug
- Configurable probe and separate science experiment pod
- Ability to drive around on planetary surfaces
- Max crew capacity of 11
- On-board science lab & reusable experiments

mlZbmlk.png

Hot Keys
1) Toggle Main Engines
2) Toggle Landing Engines
3) Deploy Drills
4) Start Mining Operations (Drills, ISRU, Power)
5) Stop Mining Operations
"Lights" toggle solar panels as well
Download von Richthoven interplanetary starship HERE

STAR WARS

OK it's yet another Millennium Falcon...

but this one is quite simply the funnest and coolest thing I've ever done in KSP. The stock flying Millennium Falcon has been updated for V1.0.5. I'll let the craft speak for itself, all I can say is that it has been a great ride designing and testing the crap out of this ship, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Feel free to use it in any pictures/video, but just cite me as the designer.

8v1OYkC.png

I had to make some modifications for it to show up nicely in SketchFab
KSP YT1300 - by - Jolly Roger - on - Sketchfab

Download the Millennium Falcon craft file for KSP V 1.0.5 - HERE
Note: part count for this craft is 426

Download the Tie Fighter - HERE

Oh no it's the droid army!!!
Download the R2-QT astromech droid - HERE

Download the 1-BDI astromech droid - HERE

Download the Headlight droid - HERE

Download the Unicycle droid - HERE

Download the BD-BDB astromech droid - HERE

Download the Astromech Chassis file - HERE

E14StgM.png

Download the X-Wing craft file HERE

All hot keys and flight description are in the craft files

Download the Tie Fighter - HERE
Download the Tie Interceptor - HERE
Download the Tie Advanced - HERE

Miscellaneous Star Wars Craft

p2X2dbM.png
Download the twin pod Cloud Car - HERE

XKjSRZ6.png
Download the Naboo Air Fighter - HERE
Download the IO-U1 astromech Droid - HERE

Download the Lambda Class Imperial Shuttle - HERE

Links to all Craft including designs not shown on this page...

All SketchFab 3D renderings: https://sketchfab.com/jolly_roger/models

Kerbal Space Program Picture Album: http://imgur.com/a/IxZdi

All YouTube Videos:

Craft Files on DropBox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hisyp3azccb8wz5/AADHfHsFobcB-CwJdvb-Hu0Va?dl=0

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3fO_w2wQofhrtHLaWm89PA

Osiris - SSTO Cargo Shuttle

Pi64Wvk.png

The Osiris is an SSTO Cargo Shuttle capable of easily transporting a full orange fuel tank to LKO.

Flight Instructions:
1) Stay on the ground to the end of the runway – this enables you to get as much speed as possible to start your run
2) Nose up to just under 20 degrees
3) At 7 - 10 Km altitude drop the nose to 15 degrees
4) At 20 - 22Km altitude engage nukes, switch to closed-cycle mode on the rapiers and nose up to 30 degrees
5) When the apoapsis hits 60 - 70km face prograde
6) When the apo hits about 75 set up maneuver node
7) Should get to LKO with about 100 LF & 700 Ox
8) De-orbit maneuver should use nukes only KEEP SOME LF & Ox for RCS thrusters
9) On decent deactivate nukes & engage whiplash & rapier (air breathing mode)
10) During high re-entry (70-30KM) nose up 35 deg above prograde
11) At around 500-600m/s (25-30KM alt) nose up to just above horizontal
12) At around 10KM alt keep noes 5 deg above prograde and do a slow glide to your destination
13) 1/3 throttle on engines should be enough
14) Fine controls (Caps-lock) will help in getting her down on target.

Hot Keys:
1) Toggle Whiplash Turbojets
2) Toggle Rapiers
3) Switch mode for Rapiers
4) Toggle LV-N nuclear engines
Download the Osiris craft file HERE

StingRay - SSTO Transport

dtoYcwP.png

The StingRay is an unusual design which is capable of delivering a crew of 5 to LKO.
StingRay - by - Jolly Roger - on - Sketchfab

Flight Instructions:
1) Allow the craft to lift off the runway on its own
2) Once in the air retract gear and nose up to 15 deg
3) Above 7-10KM drop nose to 10 deg (carefully – USE fine controls (caps-lock))
4) At about 20Km nose up to 30 deg and engage nuke then toggle to closed cycle on the rapiers after that shut down turbojets
5) Burn out the LF & Ox completely with the rapiers and use the nuke to finish getting into orbit.
6) Re-entry nose up about 20 deg above prograde and engage air breathing engines and airbrake
7) At about 35Km point auto-prograde – tap the “W†key to nose 5deg above prograde
8) If you lose control, don’t worry the craft has lots of lift and power in the lower atmosphere – point prograde under 10Km altitude and hit main engines
9) Shallow glide path to landing – keeping nose on auto prograde works well

Hot Keys:
2) Toggle Rapiers

Download the StingRay craft file HERE

Magellan - SSTO Cargo Craft

dWGp8uu.png

The Magellan is an SSTO capable of delivering a full orange fuel tank to LKO. It is an interesting design because it utilizes tri-symmetry on a space plane.
Magellan - by - Jolly Roger - on - Sketchfab

Flight Instructions:
1) The only way to get this craft off the ground is to fly off the end of the runway
2) Nose up to just under 15 degrees
3) At 7 - 10 Km altitude drop the nose to 10 degrees and engage the nuclear engine
4) At 20 - 22Km altitude switch to closed-cycle mode on the rapiers and nose up to 30 degrees
5) When the apoapsis hits 60 - 70km face prograde
6) De-orbit maneuver should use nukes only KEEP SOME LF & Ox for RCS thrusters
7) On decent deactivate nukes & engage whiplash & rapier (air breathing mode)
8) During high re-entry (70-35KM) nose up 20 deg above prograde
9) At around 800-900m/s (30-35KM alt) nose up to just above horizontal
10) At around 10KM alt keep noes 5 deg above prograde and do a slow glide to your destination
11) 1/2 throttle on engines should be enough
12) Fine controls (Caps-lock) will help in getting her down on target.

Hot Keys:
2) Toggle Rapiers

Download the Magellan craft file HERE

Vulture Aircraft

1lkihU8.png

At this time the Vulture is just an aircraft capable of carrying a total of 6 Kerbals to pretty much anywhere on Kerbin. Great for tourist runs.
Vulture - by - Jolly Roger - on - Sketchfab

This is a basic aircraft with a unique design, there are no instructions for getting it into space

Hot Keys:
1) Toggle the Whiplash turbojet engines
"Lights" button will toggle cabin lights

Download the Vulture craft file HERE

Hope you enjoy the designs! 

JR

Edited by Jett_Quasar

Yep, I'm impressed about almost every design on this page, in one way or another.

Thanks, I've been starting to get a lot of traffic through YouTube and Sketchfab so I wanted to have a single location here on the forums where they could link to all my pictures, video, 3D renderings and craft files that have been posted to the site in various locations.

JR

Hey there JR! Your fleet is awesome, and some crafts are way beyond awesome. That Reliant combo is just too cool. I'll definitely gonna try to fly a mission or two with some of your crafts. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!

Ahoy, Jolly Roger!

Haha, I have a question. Is there a reason your Littleman craft isn't in the Dropbox? It's got an interesting design, and I'm trying to model off of it, which isn't exactly the easiest in Sketchfab. :P

This is a truly awesome fleet.

Ahoy, Jolly Roger!

Haha, I have a question. Is there a reason your Littleman craft isn't in the Dropbox? It's got an interesting design, and I'm trying to model off of it, which isn't exactly the easiest in Sketchfab. :P

This is a truly awesome fleet.

I'm not done testing that craft file yet but if you're just using it for design ideas I will go ahead and upload it to my DropBox folder.

JR

Edit: It's still not complete but I've gone ahead and posted it anyway. You can download the craft file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ooobuchffbwt0pm/Littleman.craft?dl=0

Edited by Jolly_Roger

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2016 at 4:04 PM, Iago said:

Are you still making ships, Jolly Roger?

I haven't touched this game since V1.0.5 dropped and crapped all over my space planes and none of the bugs that I encountered on a daily basis were fixed (very disappointing).  I had several more videos in the works using some of the designs above but I'm not sure if or when I'm going to finish them.  I still have other designs that haven't been posted here but they are for V1.0.4.  I'll probably be skipping the current build and restarting with new designs when V1.1 drops.  Until then I'm working on special "pirate" technology that will take my ships to the next level.

JR

On 1/14/2016 at 11:46 AM, Frozen_Heart said:

Not just me signing pacts with dark forces then? :D

Yeah, it's actually more of a pirate technology engine redesign in partnership with the Kraken.  Basically it's somewhat akin to making rocket motors run on a combination of antimatter and dark energy while boosting power by 6000% and reducing the inertial mass and coefficient of drag to effectively zero (actually the more you fly the ship the less mass it will accrue until it tends toward an infinitely negative value at which point I'm not sure what is going to happen - of course this could be offset by approaching the speed of light)

JR

Edited by Jolly_Roger

It's kinda sad to hear you wont update your fleet for 1.0.5, but I perfectly understand your point.
Once again it would take much more than just replacing the parts they changed, especially thinking about the SSTO capability here.

Nevertheless, keep up the good work, finish your videos in a 1.0.4 install or something. Looking forward to the new designs in 1.1

8 hours ago, Jolly_Roger said:

Yeah, it's actually more of a pirate technology engine redesign in partnership with the Kraken.  Basically it's somewhat akin to making rocket motors run on a combination of antimatter and dark energy while boosting power by 6000% and reducing the inertial mass and coefficient of drag to effectively zero (actually the more you fly the ship the less mass it will accrue until it tends toward an infinitely negative value at which point I'm not sure what is going to happen - of course this could be offset by approaching the speed of light)

JR

That sounds dangerous...

3 hours ago, Frozen_Heart said:

That sounds dangerous...

Yes it is extremely dangerous, many Kerbals have virtually died or have been temporary horribly disfigured trying to prove out this hazardous and somewhat nefarious technology.  Whenever you are pushing the laws of Kerbal physics to the breaking point (and dancing with the Kraken) there is always a price to pay but the risks are well worth the rewards.  I'm currently seeking volunteers to test my new starship equipped with the latest and hopefully most stable Pirate technologies.  If you're interested PM me and I'll provide you with a test scenario.

JR

• 5 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.