Hype Train 1.0.5: The Local Train Route

Whirligig Girl

Go to the 1.0.5 album on the first page of this thread and... Feast your eyes! An IVA docking mode display! :0.0: B̶u̶l̶k̶y̶ ̶T̶h̶u̶d̶s̶!̶ Not-so-bulky Thuds! :) 2 new structural pylons! :cool: Ionic engine thrust effects!!!!!!! :0.0::0.0: Critical hype overload!

Edited by LaytheDragon
Correction abuut the new size of the Thuds

Go to the 1.05 album on the first page of this thread and... Feast your eyes! An IVA docking mode display! :0.0: Bulky Thuds! :rolleyes: 2 new structural pylons! :cool: Ionic engine thrust effects!!!!!!! :0.0::0.0: Critical hype overload!

Bulky thuds? They are significantly smaller than the old ones. Also, you missed the new Space Shuttle engine adapter.

Edited by Alshain

Go to the 1.05 album on the first page of this thread and... Feast your eyes! An IVA docking mode display! :0.0: B̶u̶l̶k̶y̶ ̶T̶h̶u̶d̶s̶!̶ Not-so-bulky Thuds! :) 2 new structural pylons! :cool: Ionic engine thrust effects!!!!!!! :0.0::0.0: Critical hype overload!

I think there's just a static screen that does nothing besides say "Docking Mode." Other than that, wow!

I would LOVE to be proven wrong, though.

Edited by RyanRising

Yup those are very cool. I keep trying to find out of they are limited to the new engines or global like EngineLighting, but never get an answer.

I've seen them illuminate water, so I assume global. Definitly suprised me too, looks awesome!

I think there's just a static screen that does nothing besides say "Docking Mode." Other than that, wow!

I would LOVE to be proven wrong, though.

When you click the screen you go to a docking control panel with a window (duuh).

When you click the screen you go to a docking control panel with a window (duuh).

Well then I have been proven wrong! Let the hype continue on whatever speed is appropriate for a patch that has just as much, if not more, content than the ARM patch!

I'm not very "hyped" by 1.0.5.

Why new planes parts ? There's already tons of them. This is not Flight Simulator, this is Ksp !

We could use new engines for space exploration too. The choice is actually very limited (too limited for my taste).

This update is going to please plane-people, I know there's a lot of them, and I understand that Squad want to please them.

But I'm part of the unhappy people, who would prefer that 1.1 get finally release.

I'm not very "hyped" by 1.0.5.

Why new planes parts ? There's already tons of them. This is not Flight Simulator, this is Ksp !

We could use new engines for space exploration too. The choice is actually very limited (too limited for my taste).

This update is going to please plane-people, I know there's a lot of them, and I understand that Squad want to please them.

But I'm part of the unhappy people, who would prefer that 1.1 get finally release.

I don't care much about the new engines. The only exception is if the 0.625m one has enough thrust to put an MK2 design above 15 km - so we could, for instance, use a mod part which adapts one MK2 into one 1.25 and 2 0.625m to make a spaceplane with two smallish turbojets as a first "stage" and a central aerospike for the boost into orbit. But I don't think it would work - such small engines shouldn't provide enough thrust.

As for space engines, there are plenty of them. I think what's lacking, besides parts suited for space stations and bases, is a full lineup for each size. There aren't 3.75m reaction wheels or docking ports, 2.5m nervs, SRBs, adapters are somewhat lacking, 3.75 ore containers, inline rtgs, and probably other stuff.

I'm a bit disapointed by the removal of the jet engine extension, all that was needed was a 90' nozzle to make it work for everyone, yes jet engines take up space.

Well what does it matter? It's going into a part anyway, the mass will still be there. Perhaps we could ask for an official mod that adds those back if people really wanted them. I'm only going to see them in the SPH, so its not vital to my survival.

I'm a bit disapointed by the removal of the jet engine extension, all that was needed was a 90' nozzle to make it work for everyone, yes jet engines take up space.

I heard that they will arrive in full 1.1 release. Maybe they will include a 90' nozzle option as well.

Well what does it matter? It's going into a part anyway, the mass will still be there. Perhaps we could ask for an official mod that adds those back if people really wanted them. I'm only going to see them in the SPH, so its not vital to my survival.

I was only a bit dissapointed, I like realism but appreciate freedom to do a little unrealistic things.

No, they can skip making a devnote AND a separate 1.05 update is now live article by releasing on Tuesday, which will make them only have to make a 1.05 update is now live notice. Nobody will care about the lack of devnotes; they will be too busy testing new features.

No, they can skip making a devnote AND a separate 1.05 update is now live article by releasing on Tuesday, which will make them only have to make a 1.05 update is now live notice. Nobody will care about the lack of devnotes; they will be too busy testing new features.

1.0.5 not 1.05

Idk really, they are still fixing some bugs and balancing stuff.

I haven't played Kerbal Space Program, in how long, a quarter year, but THIS has gotten my interest back. I mean, I can finally build a Laythe Seaplanes, tiny rockets, space shuttles, and Constellation Landers WITHOUT crashing my game with mods! A last-minute ticket on the hype train, please!

Edited by Rolanvorxariat

OH ....! I MISSED MY BOARDING OF THE HYPE TRAIN! I THOUGHT IT WAS 6 PM NOT 6 AM! CRAAP!

HELP, SOMEONE FIND A WAY TO GET ME ON! MAKESHIFT SOME ROCKET OR PLANE OR SOMETHING! DO IT NOW!

Please, do it for the hype.

Please.

Edited by nosirrbro

I haven't played Kerbal Space Program, in how long, a quarter year, but THIS has gotten my interest back. I mean, I can finally build a Laythe Seaplanes, tiny rockets, space shuttles, and Constellation Landers WITHOUT crashing my game with mods! A last-minute ticket on the hype train, please!

Erm... 1.05 doesn't include x64. Sorry... :(