Hype Train 1.0.5: The Local Train Route

Whirligig Girl

On the offhand chance we discuss features in here, does anyone know if we can use multiple claws on the same asteroid yet? as in a giant triopod with claws on each prong?

Its been a long while since I played with asteroids, and I was wondering if we can yet. If not, will that be a 1.1 thing?

Couldn't you already use multiple claws anyway? Saw pics of people putting on wings/wheels/engines and flying asteroids around on kerbin.

You can do that, because those all branch off the asteroid separately, but to have 1 craft grab the asteroid from 2 places at once did not work. Its hard to explain without visual aids.

Well, I am not really all that hyped, consider me the guy in the caboose...

Anyway, I did not see any in-depth discussion about the updated heat model. Did they do this in any of the streams?

I mean, in 1.0 we had a lot of heat and no radiators, in 1.0.4 we have a lot of radiators and no heat.

Do we finally get reasonable heat with radiators in 1.0.5?

You can do that, because those all branch off the asteroid separately, but to have 1 craft grab the asteroid from 2 places at once did not work. Its hard to explain without visual aids.

Nah, now I see what you mean.^^

I doubt that's the kind of thing that would be fixed without announcement. I think it would basically require restructuring the entire docking system to allow multiple connection points, and the way ships are handled internally to accommodate having multiple paths between parts. I really don't think that would be a simple fix, as it would potentially affect many different systems such as fuel flow.