Hype Train 1.0.5: The Local Train Route

Whirligig Girl

I doubt that's the kind of thing that would be fixed without announcement. I think it would basically require restructuring the entire docking system to allow multiple connection points, and the way ships are handled internally to accommodate having multiple paths between parts. I really don't think that would be a simple fix, as it would potentially affect many different systems such as fuel flow.

Ships do support multiple connection points, tho! You dock multiple (mirrorred) docking ports at a time. Afaik someone even made a post about using multiple claw connections between two crafts, although they were a bit buggy.

Ships do support multiple connection points, tho! You dock multiple (mirrorred) docking ports at a time. Afaik someone even made a post about using multiple claw connections between two crafts, although they were a bit buggy.

Hmmm...I could be wrong as it's been awhile since I looked at the relevant classes in the game, but if I remember right, the data structures that track how parts are connected within a ship don't support the "loops" that would be created if multiple connection points were allowed. Not sure how this kind of thing would be possible without that changing, but like I said, it's been awhile since I took a look at it.

But more importantly, 1.0.5 might be out today!

Doesn't Squad normally aim for Tuesday releases to match the dev notes? I'd think it would be more likely tomorrow.

Hmmm...I could be wrong as it's been awhile since I looked at the relevant classes in the game, but if I remember right, the data structures that track how parts are connected within a ship don't support the "loops" that would be created if multiple connection points were allowed. Not sure how this kind of thing would be possible without that changing, but like I said, it's been awhile since I took a look at it.

Vessels are trees, true, and there can be only one "true" connection. But multiple docking ports work (as do struts and fuel lines, which also connect outside the tree structure).

Moar stuff:

KasperVld â€Â@KasperVld 1 Min.Vor 1 Minute

Over 200 items on the changelog for KSP 1.0.5. Wow!

He also answered the question what maxmaps tweet means with 'the ends is nigh', so we'll get the update soon i think!

Vessels are trees, true, and there can be only one "true" connection. But multiple docking ports work (as do struts and fuel lines, which also connect outside the tree structure).

Hmmm...that really makes me wonder how fuel flow is handled in such cases, but thanks for clearing that up regardless :)

FlowerChild, there's a difference between the part tree, and Unity rigidbody joints. The part tree is a tree, but joints (say, struts---how else would struts work?) can be between any members of the tree.

Consider me schooled :)

I was under the (mistaken) impression that given docking ports result in tree connections, and given you can't set up multi-connections like that in the VAB (say with bicouplers and such), that it simply wasn't possible with KSP's current architecture. Now that I know about it, I think it would actually be really cool if that functionality were exposed through the VAB to make it a little more accessible.

From an earlier post:

[h=3]Branches [/h][TABLE=class: table table-bordered table-hover table-sortable, width: 100%]

[TR]

[TH=class: span2 sort-header]NAME[/TH]

[TH=class: sort-header]DESCRIPTION[/TH]

[TH=class: span2 sort-default sort-header sort-up]BUILD ID [/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] experimentals[/TD]

[TD]Exp Testing branch[/TD]

[TD]846087[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] scratchpad[/TD]