Hype Train 1.0.5: The Local Train Route

Whirligig Girl

That's because watching KSP played live is really boring.

Not any more than any other game. I can tell you this though, I'm not getting up at 6 in the morning to watch a silly Stream, I'll just watch the YouTube videos.

I'm sure there will be YouTube videos tomorrow also. I don't really like watching all that stuff though. But Max said last Squadcast that if the media embargo was lifted on a weekend, the update would be out within the week. So we can assume update is this week(if all goes smoothly)!:cool:

That schedule is just sad. I think Twitch KSP is near death.

How? That schedule covers most of literally everyone's days and you don't have to watch them all.. I doubt one Twitcher will cover a feature no-one else will so I doubt you'll be missing out on much if you miss one and tbh, most, if not all, of those streamers are based in the US which A, corresponds to a large majority of KSP players and B, is near the timezone of Mexico itself.. Unless I misunderstand what you're saying (which is possible), but I don't see anything out the ordinary there..

Not any more than any other game. I can tell you this though, I'm not getting up at 6 in the morning to watch a silly Stream, I'll just watch the YouTube videos.

Maybe a lot of other games, but not any of them. Rocket League, for example, is a blast. FTL and Invisible Inc can be good to so long as the player keeps up the pace.

The problem with KSP - from a streaming standpoint - is that there is a lot of enforced waiting. Just getting to Mun from LKO requires you to wait 4 times in most instances. You wait time warping to the maneuver node, wait through the burn, wait time warping to Mun, and wait during the insertion burn. And unless the ship is particularly rickety all that activity is exactly the same as every other time you did it.

Fun to do. Boring to watch live. Most games are better when the slow stuff is edited out but KSP is MUCH better for it.

That's because watching KSP played live is really boring.

I like it but then again it's kind of a mindless exercise for me. I can just relax after work and watch someone do something cool.. usually they spend 90% in the VAB but don't we all? The coolest thing I think I've seen from streamers was a re-usable UAV launcher on top of a rover/tank made by Das... that thing was epic.

The rest of the time it can be pretty meh though.

Also:

What's the point of a media embargo when you list out every change in detail and give out pictures? Is there stuff we haven't seen yet?

Maybe a lot of other games, but not any of them. Rocket League, for example, is a blast. FTL and Invisible Inc can be good to so long as the player keeps up the pace.

The problem with KSP - from a streaming standpoint - is that there is a lot of enforced waiting. Just getting to Mun from LKO requires you to wait 4 times in most instances. You wait time warping to the maneuver node, wait through the burn, wait time warping to Mun, and wait during the insertion burn. And unless the ship is particularly rickety all that activity is exactly the same as every other time you did it.

Fun to do. Boring to watch live. Most games are better when the slow stuff is edited out but KSP is MUCH better for it.

I found Rocket League boring as a Streamed game, I'd rather be playing it. I'd watch KSP before RL, at least in KSP you get to see the interesting things people build, like Minecraft. Rocket League is pretty much the same thing over and over again. It's like Baseball, fun to play boring to watch. So, KSP wins there.

FTL is boring game playing it or watching it. One of the biggest regrets on my steam list. I'm not sure what that last one is.

- - - Updated - - -

How? That schedule covers most of literally everyone's days and you don't have to watch them all.. I doubt one Twitcher will cover a feature no-one else will so I doubt you'll be missing out on much if you miss one and tbh, most, if not all, of those streamers are based in the US which A, corresponds to a large majority of KSP players and B, is near the timezone of Mexico itself.. Unless I misunderstand what you're saying (which is possible), but I don't see anything out the ordinary there..

Because of the lack of differing streamers. Past versions there were twice as many, they had to split the same amount of time but there was a more varied interest. For everyone there are streamers you like and streamers you don't. Basically because Twitch streamers are abandoning this game, it's not that I'm blaming Squad for that, just saying it's a bit sad.

If it comes out this Tuesday, we are all in trouble.

Title Release date

Fallout 4 Tuesday, November 10th

Starcraft 3: Legacy of the void Tuesday, November 10th

Kerbal Space Program 1.0.5 ??? Tuesday, November 10th ???

I might have to take the day off of work.... or the week.

If it comes out this Tuesday, we are all in trouble.

Title Release date

Fallout 4 Tuesday, November 10th

Starcraft 3: Legacy of the void Tuesday, November 10th

Kerbal Space Program 1.0.5 ??? Tuesday, November 10th ???

I might have to take the day off of work.... or the week.

Well, I'm not in trouble. I don't have the money for the StarCraft expansion and could care less about Fallout. :P

Because of the lack of differing streamers.

Ohh, I see. Thanks for clarifying. Now you me mention it, it does look a little sparse.. But I wouldn't read too much into it, 1.0.5 is still a tiny update - if we go by version numbers, it's no different than 1.0.1->1.0.2->1.0.3->1.0.4 and anyway, what are we really getting here? A few thermal and physics fixes and tweaks, a few new parts.. that's about it, from memory. It's no surprise there aren't a lot of streamers, there isn't a lot of new content. Now, 1.1 though, that'll be a different kettle of fish, I'd expect quite a few more streamers for that one.

Ohh, I see. Thanks for clarifying. Now you me mention it, it does look a little sparse.. But I wouldn't read too much into it, 1.0.5 is still a tiny update - if we go by version numbers, it's no different than 1.0.1->1.0.2->1.0.3->1.0.4 and anyway, what are we really getting here? A few thermal and physics fixes and tweaks, a few new parts.. that's about it, from memory. It's no surprise there aren't a lot of streamers, there isn't a lot of new content. Now, 1.1 though, that'll be a different kettle of fish, I'd expect quite a few more streamers for that one.

Depends what you mean by content, I don't think anyone is sure what new parts 1.1 will bring, apart from antennas, it is supposed to be the same as the current game but in unity 5. I know they are redoing the wheel modules but will the models change? Otherwise I am not sure there is any new content. Is it parts or planets or game modes, 1.1 will probably have less than this update.

I found Rocket League boring as a Streamed game, I'd rather be playing it. I'd watch KSP before RL, at least in KSP you get to see the interesting things people build, like Minecraft. Rocket League is pretty much the same thing over and over again. It's like Baseball, fun to play boring to watch. So, KSP wins there.

FTL is boring game playing it or watching it. One of the biggest regrets on my steam list. I'm not sure what that last one is.

Perfect example of "Different strokes for different folks" I guess.

Well, I guess it's time for tradition.

The hype train never ends friends. :D

YEEEAAH!!!

That's the spirit!

- - - Updated - - -

I guess...

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, if it comes out on Tuesday, than... wait...

That's my birthday!

Best birthday gift ever!

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, maybe not the best...

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder how many times I can keep updating this post?

According to the Grade-O-Meter, it was a hill. In fact, just because I put Percy's face in the OP, let's say it was Gordon's Hill.

:)

At least it's behind us now. Watching Newb's stream now. I really want to play around with those new jets now. :D

Happy landings!