[1.0.4][Kopernicus] Jungis Planet Pack

ibuckshot5

Why hello! Today I have a planet pack for you guys. It took me around a week to make, and I hope you guys can enjoy it.

The Jungis Planet Pack

This planet pack adds 1 planet, but it has a metric ton of moons.

I don't want to spoil too much, so I have a few images:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Yeah.

Also, if you want download:

[thread=114649]Kopernicus![/thread]

So here's what it adds:

Jungis:

Orbits just beyond Jool, but closer to the sun than Eeloo. Effectively a clone of Jool with changed rotation, desc, etc.

Cere: A green moonlet, inside of some rings.

Rammi: An orange moonlet, shepherding the rings.

Elos: A green asteroid just outside the rings.

Habis: A habitable planet based off Kerbin.

Oceanus: A water planet with ice caps.

Fen: A yellow asteroid based off a piece of popcorn.

Fonso: A yellow moon the size of Vall. Very mountainous.

Ehkki: A eeloo-like planet.

Loohil: A cinnamon colored planet with a name similar to one you'd find in a Doctor Seuss book. Superior to Eve.

Nashin: A subsatellite of Loohil.

Desot: A desert planet with a mountainous equator. Can be regularly seen from Loohil and vice versa.

Potatus: An asteroid with 21 minute rotation due to freedom from tidal lock thanks to Loohil and Desot.

Daphy: A beautiful pink and blue moon.

Kurst: A captured comet. 8 km size.

Kehn: A butterscotch-yellow asteroid on 2:3 resonance with Loohil.

Oh! Not to mention the download!

Download

Release-1.0.2-yellowgreen.svgLicense-CC--BY--NC--SA-red.svgLatest%20Version%20Update-November%201%2C%202015-ff69b4.svg

Edited by ibuckshot5
Kerbalstuff got shut down

http://imgur.com/15cu0QO

I just made a landing on Habis. Now i need to retrieve my poor kerbals.

you might want to consider a more subdued color scheme. the colors in this pack are bright enough to set them a little too far apart from stock.

I feel color is what sets it apart from stock planets.

Nice landing on Habis! Flat, eh?

good start, however there are a few small gripes (my own opinion, not an attack or anything!)

There are a LOT of moons in such a tiny area, im pretty sure that is even more unstable then urania! :wink: Perhaps focusing on having a few less, but more interesting moons would be a better plan.

Also I'd try and develop a "style" of planets, have them all look like they belong in the same system. At the moment it's very clashing seeing all these moons together. The style of them changes so dramatically (especially the copy-paste of my UL Kerbin) that it's kind of unnerving. Some are insanely bright, some more realistic looking. Having them in the same field as each other would be the first step to making your pack better.

Also it's great to take the inspiration from UL, however you should probably try and differentiate the packs a little, make it your own "style" as i said before. :wink:

One more thing is that when you export maps using Kittopia or Kopernicus they can cut off pretty easily, you can see this when there are flat areas where there shouldn't be (quite a few of the moons have them) you can raise the export height in Kittopia. This normally happens when the terrain is higher than the set export level.

but other than that it's a good first attempt, looking forward to seeing what you make of this.

• 3 weeks later...
There are 2 things we have to talk about:

Number one:
Why are there only 6 posts in this epic planet pack?!?!?!?

And Number two:

Any idea how to add stock (maybe even non-stock) resources to the planets?
I would love to stream a "Jungis Planet Pack - The Grand Tour" on my twitch channel <3 !

<edit>

I´m a fool. There are resources. Ignore that >.< Edited by million_lights
brainfart

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Why when I focus view in Jungis or on it's moons all they show are white balls or asteroids?

Also, I made a landing on Habis. I only knew what I had beneath me when i arrived to the atmosphere. Apart from the reentry, Habis was all white.

Does anyone has the same problem? And if so, how do you solve it?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2016 at 9:04 PM, Nailed it! said:

Why when I focus view in Jungis or on it's moons all they show are white balls or asteroids?

Also, I made a landing on Habis. I only knew what I had beneath me when i arrived to the atmosphere. Apart from the reentry, Habis was all white.

Does anyone has the same problem? And if so, how do you solve it?

easy, you installed it wrong, either uninstall it and put in the right pack till you get the planets showing, or take out folders from the pack till they show their surfaces...

• 2 weeks later...
On 30 de abril de 2016 at 7:13 PM, Galacticvoyager said:

easy, you installed it wrong, either uninstall it and put in the right pack till you get the planets showing, or take out folders from the pack till they show their surfaces...

Thanks for the information. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Your 11.6 KiB file Liscence.docx only contains 2 lines of text. You can simply change that to a plain text file (.txt) or a MarkDown file (.md) and save >11.5 KiB.

Also, it's spelled "license".

If you post a link to your GitHub repo, then I will send you a pull request for this change.

• 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I'm a bit late to the party in more than one way, but due to Kopernicus changes which most likely occurred in ksp version 1.3, some of Jungis moons no longer work(I tested this just now). Those moons which use the "VertexPlanet" PQS, do not work on versions later than 1.2.2. I don't know what exactly changed with "VertexPlanet", but 6 of jungis moons are incompatible with 1.3 and higher.

Ignore this

Edited by GrandProtectorDark

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.