Make more settings available from in-game

With the 1.1 update and its rework of the UI, maybe this is more feasible than before?

I would really like to see more of the game's settings available while playing the game, without the need to quit all the way out to the main menu.

Control mapping is the biggest one. It's a huge pain in the ass to get sensitivity, deadzone, and invert options set properly for a controller or joystick when you have to go through so many steps to quit and reload after each change.

Graphics settings would also be nice, so that you could more immediately see the effects of changes

Graphics might be hindered by the engine itself. It might not be possible to change settings in-game without breaking the current system. Other big games such as GTA 5 have similar problems of forcing you to re-start the whole game to change most graphic settings.

Controls on the other hand can be done, and would of helped me back when I didn't know the controls and had to look them up, rather than remove myself from the game.

Hopefully they get someone to work on that, and adding other settings that can be changed in-game would be nice.

This. We need this.

For me, its because of the audio. Sometimes I want music for my flights, other times it annoys the hell out of me listening to the same music over and over again. It shouldn't be that I have to stop my 30 minute ion burn because I want to or do not want to listen to any music.

Graphics might be hindered by the engine itself. It might not be possible to change settings in-game without breaking the current system.

No, it's definitely not hindered by the engine. Changing some of the settings may prompt a 'restart required' box, but many of the KSP settings should be easily changeable from inside the game.

3501DC94ABC7F613B49BF7138A2D4096FE7DC091

Edited by Alshain

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.