[1.0.5] Harder Solar System (Kopernicus) v1.2.0 11/20/15 - Axial Tilt and More!

stevehead

Fantastic Mod!

Fiddling around with HSS x4 atm, it´s absolutely great. It gives some of the epicness that RSS gives without the need for alternative part configs etc. No more tiny silly single stage launchers to get a payload into orbit, finally :)!

Many thanks to the author for this great piece of entertainment and challenge!

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone tested this in 1.1? I had some re-entry difficulties in 64K, hopefully not the same here too?

EDIT: I should add that these issues are likely because of Kopernicus being updated.

Edited by NyanTurian

Since @stevehead has not been here since January, I think I might maintain it (just update it) as a public repository. Since I don't use 64k I will be dropping support for it in favor of Sigma Dimensions. If you have any objections to this please notify me. SD is simpler to support than a bunch of rescales as well as halving the size of the mod. This is only because I cannot be so good as to figure out some minor problems. And no, it may not be hosted on CKAN until I get it to work.

If stevehead decides he doesn't like those changes, he can revert to his state of the mod. I want the mod to be as easy as possible to maintain and have a good rescale customization.

Feel free to do whatever you want with the mod. I've had a lot of life changing experiences over the past months. Barely have time to play KSP, let alone maintain mods. Would love to see my work built on and continued.

On 4/28/2016 at 5:01 PM, stevehead said:

Feel free to do whatever you want with the mod. I've had a lot of life changing experiences over the past months. Barely have time to play KSP, let alone maintain mods. Would love to see my work built on and continued.

I'll take over it for you.

Edit: Although now that I come to think of it, this is very similar to my existing mod...

Edited by WillThe84th

2 hours ago, WillThe84th said:

Edit: Although now that I come to think of it, this is very similar to my existing mod...

This is true, but I like this version better, seeing as how Laythe still exists in it and it's 100% compatible with the scope and vision of the other Kopernicus pack I consider essential: Outer Planets Mod.

15 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

This is true, but I like this version better, seeing as how Laythe still exists in it and it's 100% compatible with the scope and vision of the other Kopernicus pack I consider essential: Outer Planets Mod.

I love OPM as well, and I am pretty much done with implementing it into my mod, all I need to do is work on things like science values and descriptions.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, people!

I am just unable to find the option for switching the KSC which I'm launching from. I don't have KSCswitcher, so I guess this is the mod that shows the available KSCs as red dots in the Tracking Station.

If this is not the mod that causes that, could anybody tell me which is it?

Edited by TheMonkeytect

58 minutes ago, TheMonkeytect said:

Hello, people!

I am just unable to find the option for switching the KSC which I'm launching from. I don't have KSCswitcher, so I guess this is the mod that shows the available KSCs as red dots in the Tracking Station.

If this is not the mod that causes that, could anybody tell me which is it?

If you're using Remotetech, that's probably what is creating the red dots--I'm guessing there is a config file that this mod uses to tell Remotetech where to put them tho.

31 minutes ago, Fizwalker said:

If you're using Remotetech, that's probably what is creating the red dots--I'm guessing there is a config file that this mod uses to tell Remotetech where to put them tho.

Yes, I'm using Remotetech, so these are that. But, you mean, Harder Solar System lets you launch ONLY from this site? I guess it has the inclination of the moon and solar system, but still...

Edited by TheMonkeytect

1 hour ago, TheMonkeytect said:

What leads you to suppose that those dots are available for launch? Harder Solar System, as the OP documents, adds additional ground stations for communications. There is nothing in the OP to suggest it adds launch sites.

36 minutes ago, TheMonkeytect said:

Yes, I'm using Remotetech, so these are that. But, you mean, Harder Solar System lets you launch ONLY from this site? I guess it has the inclination of the moon and solar system, but still...

Frankly, I haven't tried Harder Solar System, but what damerell said (quoted below)...

26 minutes ago, damerell said:

What leads you to suppose that those dots are available for launch? Harder Solar System, as the OP documents, adds additional ground stations for communications. There is nothing in the OP to suggest it adds launch sites.

... and some familiarity from RSS/RO's later releases, leads me to believe you'd need to have KSC switcher to be able to launch from other sites.

1 hour ago, damerell said:

I used to work with KSCswitcher, and I thought these were launch sites, because the KSC was changed when I tried HSS. But the question is: Is this really the only one?

16 minutes ago, TheMonkeytect said:

I used to work with KSCswitcher, and I thought these were launch sites, because the KSC was changed when I tried HSS. But the question is: Is this really the only one?

And the question is really answered in the OP by the complete lack of any mention of additional launch sites or a mechanism for switching same.

Edited by damerell

• 4 months later...
On 24/04/2016 at 2:08 PM, RA3236 said:

Well, the new version is here. If you want rescale get SigmaDimensions.

https://github.com/RA3236/HarderSolarSystem-updated-/releases/latest

Testing this in 1.2.1, tilt appears to work, and moving the KSC does too, but I don't see other ground stations or DSN with remote tech installed. 

57 minutes ago, Errol said:

Testing this in 1.2.1, tilt appears to work, and moving the KSC does too, but I don't see other ground stations or DSN with remote tech installed. 

I don't have any clue why this is, I haven't played with RT in ages. I don't actually support this mod, so I can't help you, sorry.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.