[1.0.5] Harder Solar System (Kopernicus) v1.2.0 11/20/15 - Axial Tilt and More!

stevehead

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to use the scale but disable the inclination changes and tilt? 

[EDIT] I know the point of this mod is to make the game harder but there doesn't seem to be any other scale mods for 1.0.5 that are also compatible with the latest Kopernicus and Outer Planets mod. 

Edited by Tbrahn

Hello! I've been playing with HSS-4x for a few weeks already. This is so awesome. So i decided to finally use 64k with it and did a Patch that changes the configuration of 64k to match HSS's RemoteTech settings and move KSC to where it was with HSS.

Feel free to do anything you want with this :) 

64K v1.1.2 HSS RT/KSC Patch

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pbxf0m6dt7elm5/64k-HSS-Patch.zip?dl=0

Edited by ensou04

This is quickly becoming my new favorite mod.  Little bit of trouble figuring out the heating with the 4x scale but all in all so much more satisfying than playing on the stock system.  Keep up the great work man :D i'm trying to get people at least informed about the mod by streaming my career in it; so far everyone seems to really enjoy watching :)

Back using HSS4x "64k has some weird elevation thing with invinsible land"

Thanks for making such an awesome well balanced mod :)
look how beautiful a 120km orbit this is with 4x scale, clouds and atmosphere from SVE and scatterer adjusted to it

i1a3he.png

1 hour ago, combat squirrel said:

Any ideas how to get rid of 'small Kerbin' inside 3x scale kerbin with this mod? Obviously a graphics clitch, running EVE also.

Are you running scatterer and is it only in map view? If so open up the scatterer UI (alt+f10) while in map view and change the map scale size from 1 to 3.

Edited by mreadshaw

Sorted now thanks :)

So, I had a look but i couldnt find anything specific, how do I calculate rendezvous and flying into the correct inclination for munar and minmus launches from the launch site ?

Obviously just launching into the listed inclination from the launch site doesnt work, lol, any ideas?

Just wanted to pop in and say this is an amazing mod. Not quite so scaled up that it becomes hard to build everything in the hangar, but big enough to make it more challenging. I've been playing at 4X scale for the past few days and had an absolute blast.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2015 at 3:09 AM, White Owl said:

What are the chances of an update to match the changes in Outer Planets? Loving this whole config.

Sorry, RL stuff has kept me very busy the past several weeks. I'll try to get to the update soon.

No apologies needed for that pesky ol' real life! Even if you decided not to support/update anymore, the config is something that others could do... I just want to stick with the "official" version as long as possible, to be compatible with others using the same version. I'll say it again: loving this whole config! It's good work, and just the right improvement to the stock game.  :)

• 1 month later...
On 12/16/2015 at 10:59 AM, ensou04 said:

Hello! I've been playing with HSS-4x for a few weeks already. This is so awesome. So i decided to finally use 64k with it and did a Patch that changes the configuration of 64k to match HSS's RemoteTech settings and move KSC to where it was with HSS.

Feel free to do anything you want with this :) 

64K v1.1.2 HSS RT/KSC Patch

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pbxf0m6dt7elm5/64k-HSS-Patch.zip?dl=0

It doesn't seem to work. Do I replace 64k's 64K_Kopernicus_Stock_Planets.cfg with this one's and replace the RT file? Or what do I do? Since when it's installed how I did it with the replacing 64k's files the Mun was moved to 8Mm away from Kerbin. That's closer than the Mun is to Kerbin in stock.

On February 14, 2016 at 0:16 PM, davidy12 said:

@stevehead: Just curious, can you post a picture of when I should launch for the MUN?

MechJeb's Ascent Guidance has a launch timer, you can stop he launch once it gets there. The launch into the inclination for the Mun (launch into about 62* or -62* depending on location) and it should be fine.

Just started using this mod, it's pretty great. Only one problems: the NavUtilities HSI / landing guidance mod becomes very useless because it points to the old KSC. Any way to get the coordinates for the new KSC to replace the old ones?

Edited by theonegalen

@stevehead, thanks for great mod.

Also, if anyone has difficulties with unshielded reentry (space planes etc.), there is fix:

@PART[*]
{
    @maxTemp *= 1.5
    @skinMaxTemp *= 1.5
}
@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[Ablator]]
{
    @RESOURCE[Ablator]
    {
        @amount *= 1.5
        @maxAmount *= 1.5
    }
}

It increase max temperature and ablator amount for all parts. Copy this in separate .cfg file and place in mod directory.

Thank you so much for this, it's exactly what I've been wanting for a while now! I, personally, enjoy stock KSP complimented with a rather unhealthy amount of mods, but I always felt something was missing. I wouldn't so much call it a lack of challenge after playing it for a while, but the overall scale of the system and the planets themselves. With stock, at 70km you're considered to be "in orbit", although it feels like I've just barely stepped off from the porch of our home. The major thing I like about this mod is that you can tune it towards exactly what you want since there are multitude of options to choose from; all of which fit in with a minimal amount of work. I've thought about using RSS with RO, but so many things have to be tweaked or altered in some way to make everything work together properly, which, from personal experience, can be quite the task which comes with a major headache. This gives me axial tilt, a reason to actually plan a rendezvous, "seasons", and a reason to build a rocket which actually looks like a rocket!

Onto another topic - I don't know if you know, but ever since the forums upgraded not every character in the OP is rendered properly. I'm currently getting things such as, " the intended tilt (~23.4° in this case)" and, " multiply the ÃŽâ€V amounts ". A pretty insignificant thing, but something I thought I'd mention just in case you didn't know. :)

The only other things that I could possibly want with this gem is atmosphere scaling, and if not exact, at least partial. The final request? Keeping this updated for 1.1 and beyond! This mod is just too nice to be forgotten about. I feel like this mod is RSS but with the stock mechanics which is an absolutely killer combo.

Once again, thanks for this gem of a mod! It's very much appreciated!

Edited by FiiZzioN
Proof reading.

Spoiler
On 01.03.2016 at 6:20 AM, FiiZzioN said:

Thank you so much for this, it's exactly what I've been wanting for a while now! I, personally, enjoy stock KSP complimented with a rather unhealthy amount of mods, but I always felt something was missing. I wouldn't so much call it a lack of challenge after playing it for a while, but the overall scale of the system and the planets themselves. With stock, at 70km you're considered to be "in orbit", although it feels like I've just barely stepped off from the porch of our home. The major thing I like about this mod is that you can tune it towards exactly what you want since there are multitude of options to choose from; all of which fit in with a minimal amount of work. I've thought about using RSS with RO, but so many things have to be tweaked or altered in some way to make everything work together properly, which, from personal experience, can be quite the task which comes with a major headache. This gives me axial tilt, a reason to actually plan a rendezvous, "seasons", and a reason to build a rocket which actually looks like a rocket!

Onto another topic - I don't know if you know, but ever since the forums upgraded not every character in the OP is rendered properly. I'm currently getting things such as, " the intended tilt (~23.4° in this case)" and, " multiply the ÃŽâ€V amounts ". A pretty insignificant thing, but something I thought I'd mention just in case you didn't know. :)

The only other things that I could possibly want with this gem is atmosphere scaling, and if not exact, at least partial. The final request? Keeping this updated for 1.1 and beyond! This mod is just too nice to be forgotten about. I feel like this mod is RSS but with the stock mechanics which is an absolutely killer combo.

Once again, thanks for this gem of a mod! It's very much appreciated!

I agree with every word above! I'm currently playing HSS x 4, using stock part configs, real fuels, engine ignitors, FAR, DE and many other realism mods and don't throttle 1st stage engines (maybe there is a mod to make engine uthrottlable for stock?). It's like playing RSS but with stock system. LOVE the axial tilt, I would also like to see some eccentricity added to the Mun and a bit higher (llke a captured asteroid) added to Minmus.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.