Jump to content

[1.0.5] Harder Solar System (Kopernicus) v1.2.0 11/20/15 - Axial Tilt and More!


stevehead
 Share

Recommended Posts

Fantastic Mod!

Fiddling around with HSS x4 atm, it´s absolutely great. It gives some of the epicness that RSS gives without the need for alternative part configs etc. No more tiny silly single stage launchers to get a payload into orbit, finally :)!

 

Many thanks to the author for this great piece of entertainment and challenge!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone tested this in 1.1? I had some re-entry difficulties in 64K, hopefully not the same here too?

EDIT: I should add that these issues are likely because of Kopernicus being updated.

Edited by NyanTurian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since @stevehead has not been here since January, I think I might maintain it (just update it) as a public repository. Since I don't use 64k I will be dropping support for it in favor of Sigma Dimensions. If you have any objections to this please notify me. SD is simpler to support than a bunch of rescales as well as halving the size of the mod. This is only because I cannot be so good as to figure out some minor problems. And no, it may not be hosted on CKAN until I get it to work.

If stevehead decides he doesn't like those changes, he can revert to his state of the mod. I want the mod to be as easy as possible to maintain and have a good rescale customization.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Feel free to do whatever you want with the mod. I've had a lot of life changing experiences over the past months. Barely have time to play KSP, let alone maintain mods. Would love to see my work built on and continued.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/28/2016 at 5:01 PM, stevehead said:

Feel free to do whatever you want with the mod. I've had a lot of life changing experiences over the past months. Barely have time to play KSP, let alone maintain mods. Would love to see my work built on and continued.

I'll take over it for you.

Edit: Although now that I come to think of it, this is very similar to my existing mod...

Edited by WillThe84th
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WillThe84th said:

Edit: Although now that I come to think of it, this is very similar to my existing mod...

This is true, but I like this version better, seeing as how Laythe still exists in it and it's 100% compatible with the scope and vision of the other Kopernicus pack I consider essential: Outer Planets Mod.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

This is true, but I like this version better, seeing as how Laythe still exists in it and it's 100% compatible with the scope and vision of the other Kopernicus pack I consider essential: Outer Planets Mod.

I love OPM as well, and I am pretty much done with implementing it into my mod, all I need to do is work on things like science values and descriptions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, people!

I am just unable to find the option for switching the KSC which I'm launching from. I don't have KSCswitcher, so I guess this is the mod that shows the available KSCs as red dots in the Tracking Station.

If this is not the mod that causes that, could anybody tell me which is it?

Edited by TheMonkeytect
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, TheMonkeytect said:

Hello, people!

I am just unable to find the option for switching the KSC which I'm launching from. I don't have KSCswitcher, so I guess this is the mod that shows the available KSCs as red dots in the Tracking Station.

If this is not the mod that causes that, could anybody tell me which is it?

If you're using Remotetech, that's probably what is creating the red dots--I'm guessing there is a config file that this mod uses to tell Remotetech where to put them tho.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Fizwalker said:

If you're using Remotetech, that's probably what is creating the red dots--I'm guessing there is a config file that this mod uses to tell Remotetech where to put them tho.

Yes, I'm using Remotetech, so these are that. But, you mean, Harder Solar System lets you launch ONLY from this site? I guess it has the inclination of the moon and solar system, but still...

Edited by TheMonkeytect
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheMonkeytect said:

I am just unable to find the option for switching the KSC which I'm launching from. I don't have KSCswitcher, so I guess this is the mod that shows the available KSCs as red dots in the Tracking Station.

What leads you to suppose that those dots are available for launch? Harder Solar System, as the OP documents, adds additional ground stations for communications. There is nothing in the OP to suggest it adds launch sites.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, TheMonkeytect said:

Yes, I'm using Remotetech, so these are that. But, you mean, Harder Solar System lets you launch ONLY from this site? I guess it has the inclination of the moon and solar system, but still...

Frankly, I haven't tried Harder Solar System, but what damerell said (quoted below)...

26 minutes ago, damerell said:

What leads you to suppose that those dots are available for launch? Harder Solar System, as the OP documents, adds additional ground stations for communications. There is nothing in the OP to suggest it adds launch sites.

... and some familiarity from RSS/RO's later releases, leads me to believe you'd need to have KSC switcher to be able to launch from other sites.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, damerell said:

What leads you to suppose that those dots are available for launch? Harder Solar System, as the OP documents, adds additional ground stations for communications. There is nothing in the OP to suggest it adds launch sites.

I used to work with KSCswitcher, and I thought these were launch sites, because the KSC was changed when I tried HSS. But the question is: Is this really the only one?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, TheMonkeytect said:

I used to work with KSCswitcher, and I thought these were launch sites, because the KSC was changed when I tried HSS. But the question is: Is this really the only one?

And the question is really answered in the OP by the complete lack of any mention of additional launch sites or a mechanism for switching same.

Edited by damerell
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
On 24/04/2016 at 2:08 PM, RA3236 said:

Well, the new version is here. If you want rescale get SigmaDimensions.

https://github.com/RA3236/HarderSolarSystem-updated-/releases/latest

Testing this in 1.2.1, tilt appears to work, and moving the KSC does too, but I don't see other ground stations or DSN with remote tech installed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Errol said:

Testing this in 1.2.1, tilt appears to work, and moving the KSC does too, but I don't see other ground stations or DSN with remote tech installed. 

I don't have any clue why this is, I haven't played with RT in ages. I don't actually support this mod, so I can't help you, sorry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...