W.I.P. [G.A.S.] Gravity Aerospace Solutions - My first ever mod

lextacy

Hello , I think it be time that I give something in return for the massive mod community out there. I feel I am now versed in the game to try my hands at making a simple gameplay altering mod. I can hint it will be part modifications and additions to the community resource pack. These mods will be life saver things like solving the "I forgot to deploy my solar panels , now my battery is dead". Im asking moderators to answer some questions about release.

1. Am I allowed to write configs that change the behavior of stock parts? I would be using Module Manager with that.

2. Do I just make up my own license for the mod? Or do I have to use an official template of licenses?

3. Do I credit Squad for MM edits of their files?

4. I need some resources ratified into the official community resource pack. Do I just need to contact the author of that mod before release?

5. Is it common courtesy to credit anyone in the forum that has helped me with new knowledge that got this mod working?

Thank You fellow kerbals, modders, players, mods, developers, and Squad....im looking forward to a long, cold, desolute winter of playing this game and delivering great mods :)

1. Yes, that's fine.

2. You make a license that you're comfortable with. An easy utility for this can be found here: https://creativecommons.org/choose/ There is no "official template" for the forums, so long as it's included with your add-on, and you adhere to any licenses from works that you use (with appropriate permissions).

3. You don't have to credit Squad for MM configs that you release.

4. Anything you borrow needs to be borrowed in accordance with the applicable license. Often it's good practice (even when the license permits) to contact the author and ask them if it's okay. If you want your stuff included in someone else's work, you also coordinate that directly with them.

5. Some people credit anyone who has helped them along the way. Typically speaking, borrowing from community knowledge isn't something that you need to credit. Borrowing someone else's work, however, needs to be credited. When in doubt, give credit where credit is due.

Good luck with your project. :)

Cheers,

~Claw

4. I need some resources ratified into the official community resource pack. Do I just need to contact the author of that mod before release?

To add one to point 4

Regarding the CRP (Community Resource Pack, i assume thats the one your referring to ) you dont need to have a resource ratified into the CRP to make one and use it. (New resources usually only get ratified into the pack if they are in use by either a very large mod or many mods, I.E. Water, EnrichedUranium etc)

Though if the CRP already has a resource that you can use, all you have to do is include CRP as a dependency for your mod and your all set.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.