31/10/15 Spacecraft Friday: The Mostly Everything Edition

OeVBDOq.png

The Mostly Everything Edition Edition

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Standard disclaimer: viewpost-right.png

Who are you to decide this, I hear you asking, and here's the answer: No one. I am official in any way, shape, or form. If you're unhappy with my decision, we can work something out. This is just my opinion, since there's no objective way to judge "Quality" of crafts.

If anyone feels that their craft is missed because of any kind of time-zone difference, or any kind of difference in when spacecraft fridays is put up, tell me.

If your craft is really good and was made before, and someone posts in it within that week, then it will be considered. Just to clarify, I am not encouraging necros for the sake of bumping your craft.

Well, apparently it's my turn to showcase a few spacecraft for Spacecraft Friday. However, it's not exactly Friday...

Oh well! On with the show! :D

(From my last SCF Edition)

This week, I decided to showcase some of the coolest, quirkiest, practicalist (real word) and spaciest Kerbal craft uploaded this week.

I have chosen a few from each "catagory" of craft including replicas and original designs of aircraft, spacecraft, cars and walkers???

OH! And by the way. I'm not a big fan of modded craft, so all of these are completely STOCK!!! YAY! :)

ENJOY

| Harrier Jump Jet Replica |

by Redshift OTF

First up, a very clean and rather beautiful replica of the most famous VTOL aircraft, the Harrier Jump Jet.

Redshift OTF has done a great job capturing the essence of the fighter and putting it into a Kerbal replica.

It ways in at 19.8 tons and has a total of 85 parts. Great for guys who have limited computer specs! :)

VPOvtlI.jpg

__________________________________________________ ____________________

| F-22 Raptor |

By RevanCorana

This is probably the most accurate replica I have seen of a fighter aircraft in a long while. This aircraft is designed to work in FAR but I'm not sure if it would work in stock aero. Feel free to find out for yourself! ;) This Raptor is capable of turns at +20G and has a small part count of 142 parts. Well done RC!

repzu9w.jpg

| The SPACE-SHUTTLE |

By Guz

Nowadays, there are a lot of SSTOs floating around the forums, but this "SPACE-SHUTTLE" Is one of the largest practical ones I've seen.

It's capable of Minmus, then Laythe, a visit to the Kraken and finally Duna, before returning to Kerbin. It's refueling system would technically allow for more destinations to be reached. But Guz decided he'd had enough of single stage planet hopping. ;)

Here's the video of the interplanetary trip Guz made:

Forum Thread

| LackLuster: The Little Chemical SSTO That Could... |

By Rune

This one is a really nice craft to look at. It is basically an SSTO Rocket capable of delivering payloads to LKO. Rune explains in better than I do:

First of all, an explanation on the name: I kept it from early development, to emphasize how little I expected of the airframe. After all, I already had the Heinlein to perform the VSSTO duty, right? But the more time I spent on it, the more in love I fell with its simplicity and looks... and now? Well, somehow it has managed to earn a place on my first interplanetary stack, and an honourable one at that: primary crew lander for Moho (check the album for a pretty cool pic of the stack breaking orbit). And copies of it are planned to pretty much take over every job the Heinlein had, plus small satellite delivery, and general purpose shuttling. A true workhorse, and awesome-looking to boot!

A very beautiful craft indeed...

W3oW8In.png

| 77 Racing C1Azi1 |

By Azimech

This rover is a little different to the typical munar rover you may have in your space program. This one is a dedicated racer!

It's sleek look gives a great feel when your driving and it has some really nice features included in the design. Features like headlights and brake lights that have little doors! Awesome... The Racer got featured on the official FB and twitter pages of KSP so make sure you check it out! Nice job Azimech.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Forum Thread

And finally, the most innovative design ever made in KSP...

| The Stock Walker |

By Bubbadevlin

There is really only one word for this creation: AWESOME! But I will try to find some more words...

This is (as far a we know) the FIRST completely stock mechanical walker ever posted. Bubbadevlin has entered the kerbal history books with this very clever and highly engineered design. The walker is fully functional and uses 20 basic jet engines to rotate all the bits that need rotating. It's feet are the highly durable and very grippy landing gear wheels. It has over 500 parts so be warned, your computer won't like you...

Below is a pic and a video of it in action. I reccommend watching the video at 2x speed to remove any lag. Then you can really see the capabilities of this amazing design.

jmZCQcM.jpg

So there we have it. Another excellent week (and a bit) in the Kerbal Spacecraft Exchange. Thankyou for taking the time to read this, and I hope you have enjoyed looking at all the amazing craft showcased here today.

Please let me know what you think of this edition, and if there is anything that you think could be improved, please kindly let me know. :) Thanks to all of the builders who's craft made it here, and to those who may not have made it in. These choices were my personal opinion, and I don't mean to leave anyone out on purpose.

Thanks again and HAPPY FLYING!

YargJay9991

Thanks for doing it, even if it was a little late! Better than Spacecraft Friday falling apart :)

Aw, no feature again? I guess i need to work harder.

That's right, this must stay alive! No matter what.

I definitely saw your Airliner + Airport vehicles pack. I really liked it! Well done! But since it was a pack, it didn't really fit with the SCF ways. ;) It came really close.

Happy Flying

YargJay9991

PS. I need to upload things here as well....

Just noticed, surprised you didn't do SF "spooky edition" or "Halloween edition or something" since tomorrow IS Halloween :)

Huh, you're right... I guess it just didn't cross my mind! :confused:

Where I am, we don't celebrate Halloween, I don't know why but we don't. :cool:

Oh well... There's always Christmas!!!

YargJay9991

Holy boop, two SCF in a row! It's 4:25 here, but I've got to say, I am going to hit the hay a very happy kerbal tonight. Thanks and, as always, congrats to the rest of the featured! It's a warm and fuzzy feeling to be in the company of such awesome creations.

Rune. Any typos are completely beer-related. :)

WHERE ARE YOU THEN? I mean, i am not crazy about Halloween, but i figured it was celebrated in some form or another almost anywhere!

And just joking, if i am being too snoopy say so :) I will respect your privacy

Well, what I meant was, our family and neighborhood, actually don't celebrate Halloween. It's not as big a deal as it is in, say, the U.S. ;)

I'm in Australia, so yes it is celebrated by most.

YargJay9991

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.