deleted

JacksRage

Max said somewhere when it was announced (a very rough date)

Lemmi see if i can find it.

- Sam

- - - Updated - - -

Found something, a few other sites say similar, no idea where they got it from though.

Click me for source

"The team at Squad is hoping to have KSP availably by the third quarter of this year."

Sooooooooooo, they might be a bit late, I presume they cant do anything until U5 update is done.

I was almost tempted to get it for my Wii U because of the gamepad, but then i figured it would be best to get it for my PS4 since its way more powerful. I'll just have to keep an eye open for the release date. I watch a lot of KSP on twitch and am trying to learn some pointers before I get my hands on it.

Personally, (asside from the PC version) I think the Wii U version will be the best. It doesn't really need signficant power to play this game unless you have high part count. Hopefully something that will be handled by the Unity 5 update, but the Gamepad on the Wii U just has so much more potential than attempting to build with a convetional gamepad. Flight will be fine either way. Just the nature of the construction portions of the game makes me thing the Wii U version will be better.

The PC version will always be best just for the simple fact that mods make sure it never gets old. This game was born to be modded.

Edited by Alshain

Personally, (asside from the PC version) I think the Wii U version will be the best. It doesn't really need signficant power to play this game unless you have high part count. Hopefully something that will be handled by the Unity 5 update, but the Gamepad on the Wii U just has so much more potential than attempting to build with a convetional gamepad. Flight will be fine either way. Just the nature of the construction portions of the game makes me thing the Wii U version will be better.

The PC version will always be best just for the simple fact that mods make sure it never gets old. This game was born to be modded.

That is assuming that the Gamepad is used properly for the port, and that they don't just use the same basic control scheme for all consoles and ignore touchscreen comepletely.

I can't imagine how you'd play this game on a console. Trying to play with a controller just sounds like a nightmare. Some things might work better (like planes in atmosphere), but on the whole it feels like the game was built with a keyboard in mind.

Any news or updates on when KSP will be released for consoles? Specifically PS4 for me. I've only played the demo on my PC (it's a older slower laptop) but I've been following the game. Very much ready to play.

FYI, release date for anything Kerbal is *Soon. ie, you get it when it's done. No offense. That's just how it is. They are a small group of guys and we take stuff when we can and we are ecstatic when we get it. We PC folks are so stoked you console guys are getting your chance to play (at least I am), but you will come to love (or loathe) *Soon.

Any news or updates on when KSP will be released for consoles? Specifically PS4 for me. I've only played the demo on my PC (it's a older slower laptop) but I've been following the game. Very much ready to play.

Console KSP...

WILL NOT WORK!

Well, it probably would, but the only problem is key bindings, and that is a big problem.

KSP basically uses every key on the keyboard, try binding that to a PS4 controller.

They have indicated that it will support the touch screen.

https://youtu.be/Wb-CHhHhbgs?t=15m

Makes sense as they will have to redo the GUI totally anyway.

Standard practice on consoles is to use the digital left stick for quickkeys, yes you will be limited to 8 and they might put gear and light where too however I don't think I ever has used more than 5 except the situations where you dock two ships and get an conflict.

Console KSP...

WILL NOT WORK!

Well, it probably would, but the only problem is key bindings, and that is a big problem.

KSP basically uses every key on the keyboard, try binding that to a PS4 controller.

You are aware that standard bluetooth and USB keyboards and mice work just fine with PS4s right? It's been that way since PS3 actually. My buddy plays War Thunder on his PS4 with a KB and a mouse just like I do on my PC. It is exactly the same. It amazes me how people can just spew BS with zero to little knowledge of how something actually works.

You are aware that standard bluetooth and USB keyboards and mice work just fine with PS4s right? It's been that way since PS3 actually. My buddy plays War Thunder on his PS4 with a KB and a mouse just like I do on my PC. It is exactly the same. It amazes me how people can just spew BS with zero to little knowledge of how something actually works.

Requiring a KB/M for a console game is the kiss of death. If it can't be played on the default controllers it's almost guaranteed to be a dud.

Console KSP...

WILL NOT WORK!

Left-click = RT

Right-Click = LT

Shift = RB

Ctrl = LB

Camera = RS

Movement = LS

A/X = Throttle to full

B/(whatever the PS4 version is) = Throttle to 0

Y/(PS4) = VAB-Symmetry/Flight IVA

X = Switch Views/switch symttrey

And thats just a rough subset of what could be done using pure PC-Console porting with no game chages and 5mins of thought as well as no D-Pad at all and ignoring trackpads

Glad that you are interested in the game, however if you truly want the full experience(and play it asap), go get the PC version. it will take a long while for a PS4 version to get released, and this is one of those games that a console can't really match up the experience of it's PC counterparts(think of Dota 2, Civilizations, The Sims, and a lot of other strategy games).

I understand that you already have a PS4 and might be looking for a game to play on that, but if you can afford or already have a decent PC, just get the PC version. This game takes hours and hours to play, and that compliments very well how can you play on a PC, you can run it in the background(while things are going on in-game) and alt-tab occasionally, because travel-time takes a lot even with time warp.

and also, MODS. the mods GREATLY increase the enjoyment of the game. such as the NASA-like autopilot system Mechjeb, great additional parts by a lot of people(such as Rover Parts, Boats, Helicopters, Modular Designs), game-changing additions like Life-Support, New fuel systems, new aerodynamic systems, crane/rope/attachment systems, etc. you can customize the game to make the KSP game that you wanted.

If you are serious enough, Designing crafts(and missions) is another game on its own as well that can take you hours, if not days. and designing them, testing them, browsing the net for some inspirations and reference work, and getting help from the forums, isn't exactly a PS4 kind of game.

Edited by lyndonguitar

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.