Handwriting

KerbMav

If I can print, it's fine. Especially all uppercase. I used to letter a comic (nothing impressive, trust me. But I did it and that skill has stayed). I can even do block letters without any sort of pre-planning.

If I have to write cursive, it's horrid. You may as well just scribble up and down as you move your hand slowly across the page. Which is essentially what I do.

Depends on a lot of variables. How fast am I writing? What style am I writing? What writing utensil am I using?

Printing at moderate speed with a pencil is probably the most "beautiful" of my penmanship. Writing quickly with a pen gets sloppy while printing, cursive is readable. :)

I used to have to take remedial handwriting lessons in elementary school because it was so bad; clearly some skills do get inherited from your father. If I take the time I can make it legible but handwriting is a skill hardly ever put into practice anymore, something akin to creating fire from banging rocks together.

In other words, it sucks.

My handwriting is absolutely horrible but I don't make that much grammar errors (at least in my first language) but apparently someone in my class had a handwriting worse than me, I don't really believe it was true but apparently someone tried to be better than me at writing terribly. (sometimes I can't read myself)

I think it's because back then, at my beginning of the primary school, in CE1 I think (long live weird names for the same things) I was very slow at writing, I don't remember if it was horrible at that point but my teacher wanted me to write faster. Now I write fast but you will have a bad time if you want to read me. :sticktongue:

My handwriting is absolutely horrible but I don't make that much grammar errors (at least in my first language) but apparently someone in my class had a handwriting worse than me, I don't really believe it was true but apparently someone tried to be better than me at writing terribly. (sometimes I can't read myself)

I think it's because back then, at my beginning of the primary school, in CE1 I think (long live weird names for the same things) I was very slow at writing, I don't remember if it was horrible at that point but my teacher wanted me to write faster. Now I write fast but you will have a bad time if you want to read me. :sticktongue:

That is the exact the same story behind my handwriting! In first and second grade, my handwriting could literally have been put in a textbook to show people what letters are supposed to look like. The problem was that it just took me forever to write anything. Then, in third grade, the tests got longer and harder and I had to speed up my handwriting to compensate. So it got really, really bad. It's gotten better since then, but it's still horrible.

My normal print is pretty good. People say it's nice, so I guess there's that. However I have trouble writing large letters and words.

When it comes to cursive, I'm god-awful. I only know a few letters in cursive, so when I have to make a fancy signature I just write out my name normally but with a few extra curves and connect the lines. :P

It's pretty dependant on what I am writing with, how fast, and for how long, though it's never one of those styles that make people go "oh, you have really nice/neat writing". On the other hand, I am good at very tiny writing, particularly since my favoured writing tool is a 0.3mm pen (it sounds and feels like writing with a quill, but it's as neat as a 0.5mm pencil).

1s are indistinguishable from 7s unless you're me, or know me well. Lowercase P's look like +'s. So does T. G looks like 6. Only D, E, and P have a lowercase form. Lowercase letters are only used in mathematics. 1, 7, and 2 look the same. 4 is open. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.