[1.3] Rusty Star Rockets v1.8 [20.7.2017]

GagaX

ze1ppoZ.png

:confused: DESCRIPTION:

This mod adds parts made of rusty metal.

The goal of this mod is to let you build rockets/spaceplanes that have completely different look than stock parts, and most of the other mods. If you like aestetics of Firefly, Red Dwarf, Fallout, Mad Max, you might like this mod.

Most of the parts have stats comparable to similar stock parts. Some are maybe slightly OP.

So far, there are more than 100 parts from all categories.

Mod dependencies: none!

:confused: SCREENSHOTS:

8o3uD5U.png?1                                                     A2z3sng.png

uX8EiiV.png?1                                                     QCtFHmN.png?1

52HLfYH.png                                                     flJYU4o.png

PEjlEH1.png                                                      iD5D6Vn.png?1

Links to IMGUR albums:

http://imgur.com/a/M1HX0       http://imgur.com/a/R9sZ0

h2RlkUy.png?1

:confused:Changelog:

Spoiler

v1.0
- initial release

v1.1 
- added moar stuff

v1.1.1 
- fixed parachute issues
- added spherical fuel tanks

v1.2
- added moar stufff
- ok, added 2 kinds of wing sets (11 wing parts total)
- finished IVA for lab
- new size1 and size2 cockpits
- some structural parts

v1.3
- Added moar stuff, including antennae, science experiments, mk2 parts...
- improved textures on some parts
- redistributed parts on tech tree, now it makes some sense
- various tweaks

v1.4

- new parts: hitchhiker container size 2 vacuum engine new lab some fuel tanks new submarine style command pod

- improved some textures

- various tweaks

v1.5

- improved textures
- various tweaks
- new parts: size 0 tanks and decoupler
                    large liquid fuel tank
                    turbojet engine
                    inline cockpit
                    hypersonic air  intake

v1.6 

- added various lights

- added some new engines

- improved textures
- various tweaks

Instalation:

1. extract RustyStarRockets.zip to GameData folder

2. have fun!

Legal stuff:

88x31.png

Rusty Star Rockets by GagaX is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

Edited by GagaX

This is GREAT! The rocket flew perfectly, The 'chutes are awesome and the fuel tanks and rocket motors are just right... I have my fingers crossed for some rusty old solar panels and RCS tanks.
Yes, realy a good mod for my taste ! I hope to see more parts, like fuselage, reaction wheels... But this is already a very good work, thanx for that !!!

Your wish is my command!

dYAiXPj.png

This is work in progress, hopefully i'll finish it by the end of the week.

Some more features in the next update: custom engine effects, and new nuclear engine 'Atom Ant':

bvRUIoX.png

Also, solid boosters and some aero parts.

oooh... Hope to see the update soon on my launchpad. My new carreer il all made with your stuff, and it will go on with those new parts. If it could give someone some inspiration, i've called it "Kerbalistan", i think it fits well with those parts. If i can give you an advice, make a flag. A rusty flag. ;-)

Thanx one more time !

Very nice! I would like to see the textures be switchable between "not rusty," "somewhat rusty," and "very rusty" (current) so we can see what these were like when new or less rusty.

That would be very cool, but that would require a plugin, and i have almost zero knowledge in programming.

oooh... Hope to see the update soon on my launchpad. My new carreer il all made with your stuff, and it will go on with those new parts. If it could give someone some inspiration, i've called it "Kerbalistan", i think it fits well with those parts. If i can give you an advice, make a flag. A rusty flag. ;-)

Thanx one more time !

Thanks for the suggestion, i did make some flags and logos. But i will not use names like Kerbalistan, United States of Kerbal, Republic of Kerbin etc. because I like to think of Kerbals as free creatures, without states, religions, ideologies, living united on their planet with only one mission: to explore the universe! :)

Xoj24QX.png

The firespitter plugin does texture switching, and I believe it has documentation to learn how to use it.

Thank's for the tip, I checked it out, seems pretty straightforward, i'll probably try it, after I finish making all planned parts.

I'm very glad that you are having fun with my mod. Update is finished, actually it was finished 3-4 times, but every time I finish it, I get idea for a cool new part... :)

I guess I should upload it as it is now, just have to add one more part...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.