[1.3] Rusty Star Rockets v1.8 [20.7.2017]

GagaX

[quote name='greydragon70']I think I found a small bug. The Parachutes for some reason add about 20-30 meters to the rocket. So in early career mode they make it too tall for the VAB and Launch Pad. The limit is 36 meters in tier 1.[/QUOTE]

I guess the game calculates height of deployed chutes, not stowed. I'll look into it, hopefully solve it for the next update.

[quote name='greydragon70']I think I found a small bug. The Parachutes for some reason add about 20-30 meters to the rocket. So in early career mode they make it too tall for the VAB and Launch Pad. The limit is 36 meters in tier 1.[/QUOTE]

The bug is squashed!

Version 1.1.1 is being uploaded right now. Besides fixed parachutes it features 3 spherical fuel tanks:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/9g2mqBC.png[/IMG]

In the next update (v1.2) you can expect a lot of wings including structural wings which you can combine to make huge wings, just like stock structural wings.

Also, i'm working on new size 1 cockpit. Time permitting, I'll make size 2 cockpit.

Got some kind of problem with my Kerbal Stuff account, so v1.2 is NOT available for download for now. Hopefully, problem will soon be resolved.

11 hours ago, blackrack said:

These would make great submarines.

Do you have any plans to do boat parts with a similar look? :P

Wasn't planning it, but I guess i could give it a try. Maybe I'll make it a separate mod.

Edited by GagaX

18 minutes ago, WolfAngriff said:

Hello, i've downloaded the update wthout any problem. Thanx for that, awesome !

Yeah, it's fine now. I could not login to my Kerbal Stuff account for couple of hours.

I would like to know if some other parts are planned ? If yes, as i play a lot with your mod, i think that fairings with the same look as the flags could be a good thing. I don't know how hard it coud be to make it, and i can live and play without this. 

Thanx

New parts are not just planed, I'm working on new stuff all of the time.

I've got no idea how fairings are made, but i can retexture stock fairing easily.

Parts like landing gears, deployable solar panels, and other animated stuff that is a bit more difficult to make, i won't be making until KSP 1.1 is out. Because of switch to Unity 5.0. most of those parts will have to be redone.

Also, what other parts do you need the most? I was thinking size0 parts, or maybe more jet engines?

Well, if you ask, some science stuff, something to put under the fairing. I think about antennas first, if possible compatable with remote-tech. Two dishes (long range, short range), and an omni should be enough. I think that the "rusty's gameplay" is to make more with less, so 15 types of antennas are not needed. The Blue Dog Design provides nice parts for science, this kind of design fits well with RSR, but it's not rusty :wink: For my taste, there are enough parts for planes, and the whole pack is pretty well balanced. But it's sure that if we could begin a carreer mode with 0.625 parts, something like sounding rockets, it could be a plus. But if you ask me, i'll tell you : "well, give me the whole game with rusty parts !" :D 

For fairings, redesign the default one is enough, that's what i was thinking about as i posted. With the flag's design, it should be cool. Keep up the good work, it's fun ! 

Edited by WolfAngriff
forgot something

On 12/5/2015, 11:21:52, WolfAngriff said:

"well, give me the whole game with rusty parts !" :D 

Well, I guess that is exactly where I am going to with this mod. :)

Here is a little preview of a next update:

B0StZQ0.gif?1

The thing that rotates is a materials bay, there is antenna on the top and on the side, and Goo container next to it. It is also animated, but it can not be seen from this angle.

Finished work on size 1&2RCS tanks, and some adapters, including bi and quad couplers .

Right now I'm working on mk2 parts, looks fine so far.

Also, i started improving IVA's, because i think they don't look good enough compared to awesome 
IVA's in some other mods.

I decided not to do any more radon ion propulsion parts in this mod, instead I'll make it a separate mod with at least 3 engines (size 0,1,2), and appropriate tanks.

Ah yes, fairings are nice and rusty now. :wink:

Good to know ! I find the design realy good, i realy like the way you treat this stuff. One thing i think about everytime i play Kerbal with RSR, is tech tree and/or contracts. I'm not a modder in any way, but i've played a looong time with orbiter2010p1, so .cfg files and things like that are not totaly unknown for me. And i think i have some good and fun ideas... If you find it interesting, i can look around about the tools needed to do so, and if i can manage to make something good enough to play with, i'll send it to you if you agree. RSR's story shall be written !

23 hours ago, WolfAngriff said:

One thing i think about everytime i play Kerbal with RSR, is tech tree and/or contracts

I have payed very little attention on placement of my parts on the tech tree, but now that I analyzed it, I must admit it's all messed up. 

I have been aware of that problem, but I knew that it is going to be very boring process solving it, so I have been putting it off. 

I have started working on that issue, so in the next update parts will be rearranged, hopefully tech tree will make more sense.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.