[1.3] Rusty Star Rockets v1.8 [20.7.2017]

GagaX

22 hours ago, BJ Quest said:

Because the parts are rusty ("used") they really out to be discounted a lot in the cost of them (Tong in check)

Actually, it's not a bad idea. I think i'll give at least 10% discount in the next update.

Would be really awsome (even more then now) If this would be big enough that I just can delete all the squad parts and go for a rusty loveed up career! :)

edit: lol never saw the censoring live

Edited by maculator

On 2/25/2016 at 8:50 PM, Deimos Rast said:

Quick bug report: the Iguana Radon engine doesn't quite stage right. Well, sort of - it turns on correctly and fires and everything, but there is no little fuel bar next to the rocket icon in the staging bar.

There is no fuel bar for the stock xenon engine too. 

I'm guessing that the reason for this is that ion engines are defined as EngineType = Electric in ModuleEnginesFX, as opposed to EngineType = LiquidFuel or EngineType = SolidBooster. which do show fuel bar.

Ok, i'm pretty excited about this update, it has potential to be very cool. Here are some more work in progress screens:

new parts in unity (not to scale, i rescaled them in .cfg):

2uhjUBe.png?1

new parts in action:

AA7oYRa.png?1

On 2/27/2016 at 0:19 AM, GagaX said:

There is no fuel bar for the stock xenon engine too. 

I'm guessing that the reason for this is that ion engines are defined as EngineType = Electric in ModuleEnginesFX, as opposed to EngineType = LiquidFuel or EngineType = SolidBooster. which do show fuel bar.

Ah, so then the fact that your engine uses a similar config setup to the ion engine would explain that - mystery solved (I've never used the stock ion engine, or come to think of it, any ion engine).

I love this mod!, It really gives a used and 

sinister look to everything. I have a command station in orbit using all rusty rocket stuff.

im planning on a rusty Mun outpost too.

Edited by Frogman
Making sound better

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Catinthebox said:

Why is there an alien engine in this pack?

I was working on a contract pack featuring series of missions to investigate various anomalies in Kerbol system. Alien engine was part of that. I gave up on the project, but the engine is still there in case I decide to continue development.

Contract pack and alien engine ? Wow, such a good idea ! :P

Happy to see you again, the download is begining. Sorry for a sooooo long time; new PC, lot of things to do, lost datas, etc... RSR, always the best parts pack over the universe ? Let's look at this !

• 5 months later...
On 04.02.2017. at 10:16 AM, Avalinx said:

So... that's it ? the mod is dead ? it's really a shame that's i am the only who want to see this awesome mod receive an update again... :/

Due to popular demand (almost 2 people) i started working on a update. I'll review ALL the parts (100+), and add few new ones, so it'll take some time. 

1 hour ago, GagaX said:

Due to popular demand (almost 2 people) i started working on a update. I'll review ALL the parts (100+), and add few new ones, so it'll take some time. 

Sweet!!! Make that 3 people. I haven't seen any activity here in a while, I've missed this mod and can't wait until it's updated. 

Edited by greydragon70

14 hours ago, GagaX said:

WOW that's really a surprise, and a good one, Glad that you will still active :D

Hey guys, glad to see someone still remembers this mod. :) 

Work on the update is going well, I'm doing changes to make it compatible with all the new features since the last update, primarily relays and command pods. Here is a little preview of a new antenna. 

BTwps0i.png

I'm also doing some texture improving and various little tweaks. Basically, this update will just make RSR compatible with current version of KSP, and then the next one is going to be real update, hopefully with lots of cool new rusty parts.

I would very much like to hear some feedback, what changes would you like to see in RSR, and also what new parts should i make first.

Thank you for following me and happy launchings!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.