[1.3] Rusty Star Rockets v1.8 [20.7.2017]

GagaX

1 hour ago, greydragon70 said:

How about some rover parts and some rusty mining equipment? 

I'll put that on my 'to do list', but at the back of it. Wheels are difficult to make, don't wanna get into that for the moment, and stock mining parts are not so 'white' as other stock parts, so they work pretty good with rusty parts. Guess i can do some kind of rover base and roverlike command pod.

Honestly I haven't used RSR since you added the green lights. Always loved those. lol. I keep wanting to go back and finish or restart my RSR career series on youtube. Also want to continue my movie based on this outline using RSR parts for a section... https://www.facebook.com/notes/keith-allen-greenwood/the-story-of-kerbin-universe-242/1163387547032753

Hey, RSR back ? It's good to know that, hope it will come soon. Keep up the good work. No requests, just suggestions :

Maybe you can look at the Kraken Science pack on KerbalStuff, there are realy good ideas (and fun) to make science parts.

Well, propeller engines ? With your wings and cockpits, it could be realy fun to make some rusty planes.

Weapons ? TAC Life Support parts ? Real Plume config (with black smoke !!!) ? RSR is a nearly complete pack, as i remember, so the old plane engines is perhaps the only thing "missing" in it. Not easy to modelize, as i can imagine. There's a lot of cool parts on other parts packs, and sometimes i think "well, it should have been cooler with some rusty textures !". What about the Rusty Textues fot Procedural Parts ?

• 3 weeks later...

This was the original plan:

On 09. 02. 2017. at 0:53 PM, GagaX said:

Basically, this update will just make RSR compatible with current version of KSP, and then the next one is going to be real update, hopefully with lots of cool new rusty parts.

In the meantime i got full scale 'rusty fewer', and started adding even moar rusty parts. I've been working hard these past few weeks, but now it's is really almost finished. I just have to test some things and I think the update is going to be ready in about 4-5 days, maybe sooner. Thanks for your patience!

And it's finally done!

wnmVAtc.png

Soooo, whats new?

Obviously, RSR is now fully compatible with current version of KSP. Command pods now have short range antennas inside, just like stock CPs. added some new antennas. I have redone all engine effects, I think they are much better now. Done a lot of retexturing and various tweaks in .cfg files (prices, weight, descriptions etc.). New parts... let's see... new lvl0 parachute, old one is now drogue. Also the other old parachute has completely new model and texture. New command pod shaped like kerbal skull, as seen in OP. New science experiment, 'Piece of rusty metal'. I made some interesting radial parts, fuel tanks and crew module. If you attach them with x4 symmetry the create ring, making your rocket wider than size3 parts. Landing gears/legs are retextured stock parts, to difficult to make for me, maybe i'll give it a shot in the future. Size 2 air intake, huge size 3 crew module. Also, i had an issue with my heat shields, they were not creating any drag. Could not solve it, so I just retextured stock shields. Mine were almost the same anyway. 

That's about it.  With mod of this size there will probably be some minor issues, so please report it here. Any other kind of feedback is very welcome, as always.

Have fun with your new rusty parts!

Edited by GagaX

LOL, those sharks are crazy. Fortunately I have Shark Eliminator

:OdZnmLq.png

Btw, watched your stream, most of the parts you used are the ones i did least work on, eg. mk2 parts and spherical tanks. I am working on them now, will upload 1.7.1 in couple of days.

Approximately so and should look stock KSP, it should look crazy and as if now the carrier rocket collapses in flight.
You need to help Squad, they have too little imagination, unfortunately.

7 hours ago, GagaX said:

LOL, those sharks are crazy. Fortunately I have Shark Eliminator

:Btw, watched your stream, most of the parts you used are the ones i did least work on, eg. mk2 parts and spherical tanks. I am working on them now, will upload 1.7.1 in couple of days.

That's awesome. I can see it now.... I'll build a creature army to defend Jolly Roger Aerospace from the evil Shark Eliminator. LOL :P

Thanks for watching the stream. There will be more RSR on my channel to feature more of the parts. Can't wait for your next update.

If only there was a way to make the space center buildings match the look of your parts......

Edited by greydragon70

On 09. 03. 2017. at 7:03 PM, greydragon70 said:

If only there was a way to make the space center buildings match the look of your parts......

I don't know of any way to do that... BUT! I made this little thing, it's a command pod part, you can select it in VAB and even attach other things to it and than place it anywhere with Hyperedit mod.

JZMgxPP.png?1

OZIiDDd.png?1IMyRVCw.png?1

Edited by GagaX

1 minute ago, GagaX said:

I don't know of any way to do that... BUT! I made this little thing, it's a command pod part, you can select it in VAB and even attach other things to it and than place it anywhere with Hyperedit mod.

I love you! Do I just re-download the mod to get this? ...and does the procedural RSR still work?

Well, it's not completely finished yet, ladders refuse to work for some reason, but i'll upload it now, just for you :)

Also no custom interior, using interior of one of my pods for now. There is a little surprise in the landing section too :)

I had fun making this building, so i'll probably make couple more, one for Duna, and one for Jool system.

Also, I changed Mk2 command pod model a bit, so you may have to adjust your sharks.

5 minutes ago, GagaX said:

Well, it's not completely finished yet, ladders refuse to work for some reason, but i'll upload it now, just for you :)

Also no custom interior, using interior of one of my pods for now. There is a little surprise in the landing section too :)

I had fun making this building, so i'll probably make couple more, one for Duna, and one for Jool system.

Sweet. It's kinda the exterior view I was looking for. I'm working on a Post-Second Fall of Kerbin video and this fits in perfectly as a drop in prefab outpost. I can blend the 3 rung ladders in for ladders, not a problem. Take your time with the others I can use this for Kerbin, Mun and Minmus.

Thank you so much. I really love your work and I'm spreading it through the facebook groups and to my youtube friends. I just downloaded your Pirates mod too. Any plans of retexturing the claw shielding in the future? That's why I asked if the RSR procedural Mod still worked. Nevermind... just found the rusty claw. You read my mind.

TxKQVpM.jpg

lvFf4gu.jpg

Edited by greydragon70

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.