[1.3] Rusty Star Rockets v1.8 [20.7.2017]

GagaX

I did retexture the claw, didn't I? As for procedural parts, all i made is texture pack, so if Procedural parts mod is working, my textures should work too. I do not use that mod so I really don't know.

On 3/5/2017 at 7:38 AM, GagaX said:

With mod of this size there will probably be some minor issues, so please report it here. Any other kind of feedback is very welcome, as always.

Glitch one: I am unable to "Take Data" from the Capsule S2, Capsule 22 or U-Boat. That means I can get one crew report permission rather than getting a crew report, taking all the data from the module, restoring it and generating another crew report for another biome. It works fine for the other modules.

Glitch two: Those are some pretty bright spotlights.

33018219810_9685a308d7_m_d.jpg

Feedback one: I'm all for retextured stock parts. Service bays. Crew Cabin.

Feedback two: I love the Cargo Bay. I've seen some other bays that I like, such as a part the size of a Structural Fuselage that opens like a cargo bay. DMagic has some experiments that open up like that. The Vertical Propulsion Emporium has some parts like that, too, but he hasn't updated.

Feedback three: How about some 50 or 100 unit RCS fuel parts?

Feedback four: You seem to be missing something comparable to the RA-2 Relay antenna.

Feedback five: I was going to say a 2 person capsule would be nice but bolting two capsules together works well enough.

32587070083_98c24dbd62_m_d.jpg

A Fuel Tank Sphere 2 turned into a two crew orbital module, like what's on the front of a Soyuz, might be fun.

Feedback six: I very much like that I was able to pull my RSR craft files from a year ago and still have them work. I've been liking Tantares recently but the mod author changes file names. Load up the new version and your ships disappear and your crews die with them. I've uninstalled that to play with RSR for a while. As I said during my brief time on your feed yesterday, I haven't gotten the hang of planes but I'll maybe load up Hooligan Labs and build some rusty airships.

Edited by CaptKordite

Thanks for feedback and bug reports.

About "Take Data" problem, not sure I understand what is going on, I'll try to reproduce it and see what is the problem.

Lights are fixed, They were not too bright, I just had to set them in Unity to ignore scaled scenery. They work fine now.

Flaring effects... they were caused by winglets, have no idea why. Looked into unity setup and cfg. files, everything seemed fine. I was even thinking of calling it a feature, not a bug, e.g. rust flakes falling off. :D

Anyway, I built all winglets from scratch, now they work fine. In the process i made one new type of winglet.

I hope it's nothing serious, mate.

Anyway, I'll upload it when i'm done with few other things, so you'll have to put up with those nasty effects for few more days. I'm thinking about remaking all wings actually, was never satisfied with them. Of course, i'll make sure that it doesn't break existing vessels, they will be almost the same, just better :D

On 3/14/2017 at 11:33 AM, GagaX said:

About "Take Data" problem, not sure I understand what is going on

Example. . . Crew a capsule and launch it. On the pad, you can generate a crew report. EVA and right click on the capsule and you can choose "Take Data" in the same way you could take data from any experiment. Board the craft and the crew report is stored. You can do another crew report (once in flight or landed in another biome) and now you have two crew reports. This works with all the stock command modules and with the RSR Capsule, Avion, mini-capsule and cockpits.

Crew an S2 Capsule (or a Capsule 22 or U-Boat) and launch it. Again, on the pad you can generate a crew report. But when you EVA and right click on the capsule, "Take Data" is not an option. You can't take the data, restore it, and then have the slot open for another crew report from a different biome. Your choices are to overwrite it (and loose the data) or transmit it.

This isn't a terrible hardship if you have an antenna on the capsule and have communication. Crew reports earn 100% when transmitted so you don't have to schlep them back to KSC but transmitting costs power and I have made the mistake of transmitting my batteries dead and having to wait until local sunrise to get power for the return. Again, not a terrible hardship but it strikes me as a bug rather than a hidden feature.

Thanks, got it now, and it is fixed. If you don't want to wait for the update, you can fix it yourself: open .cfg file of the problematic part ( e.g. GameData ->RustyStarRockets ->Command ->RSR_SubCP), find ModuleScienceContainer, and change line

storageRange = 1.3

to

storageRange = 3

Hello my friend! I found your South Pole office and saw that the second floor was empty,,,

So I moved in and made a few upgrades to the building. Hope you don't mind.....

I'm Running my Polar Region Plane Fight Club out of that office now. Come by and see the dogfights. https://youtu.be/2i7Zf7CRYjI

Yours Truly,

greydragon70

CEO at Jolly Roger Aerospace

4KOv0Ru.jpg

VRnAZxC.jpg

GX5HT5j.jpg

r9HF3bB.jpg

NyEqD6T.jpg

Oh yeah... one final touch....

9vVZ42w.jpg

IPNG5Y5.jpg

Edited by greydragon70
updated link

I've been playing KSP for three years and this is my first crewed mission to Moho.
33503143081_ef8385d289_z_d.jpg

TL6 except for the nuclear engines. I think I have enough fuel to complete the mission and return to Kerbin.

Edited by CaptKordite

• 3 months later...

ze1ppoZ.png

So,let me explain:

got a new job few months ago, often working overtime, so much less time for KSP and RSR. Still, I managed to do some work on this mod and this is the product: The Pride of Kerbin.

I decided that the textures are too similar and repetitive, so i painted a lot of parts. And i don't mean just retextured them, but painted them in different colors! Of course the paint is worn and scratched. I was dissatisfied with wings, so i remodeled and retextured most of them, they are much RSRier now, i think. Probably added a few new parts, can't remember. That's it for now, as always screens and feedback are much appreciated!

P.S. my new job is in the factory, it is physically demanding, but i have access to a lot of heavy machinery, so it is a great inspiration for RSR. Let me tell you, the textures on those  things are awesome :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi,

I have been planing on updating RSR for months now, but I'm so very busy so i guess it's not gonna happen. 

There fore I'm letting linuxgurugamer  adopt all my mods. I'm changing licenses to which ever lets him modify and redistribute them.

I hope one day I'll have time do some more KSP modding. Until then: Happy Launchings!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
On 3/20/2022 at 7:42 PM, bobjonesisthebest:D said:

this mod still works in 1.12.2. can confirm

A simple question, but one I've never figured out... exactly how do you use the RSR HQ pod?  It won't attach to anything in the VAB, or at least I can't make it do so, it weighs ten tons, so it takes a pretty hefty booster to lift it, and it's terminal velocity on Kerbin is low enough so you can land it without parachutes?

I'm so pleased to see I'm not the only one who still uses this brilliant mod, "Fly Safe"... or at least as safe as you can when piloting pieces of scrap metal!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.