VTOL Building

Been following Manley's VTOL build but I can't get the vertical engines to attach to the damned radial attachment point.

I'm here:

And this is where I've gotten to in my SPH:

qnHBW8N.png

No matter what I do, it adamantly refuses to let the engine attach. Is there a key I'm missing?

It appears like he used a Radial Attachment Point on the wing, and then stuck the engine onto that node. I can't see if you have one on the wing from that angle, but if not make sure you add one.

If that's not the issue have you tried 1) offsetting the attachment point down a bit, 2) rotating the attachment point 180 degrees, or 3) restarting the game to make sure?

Your Radial Attachment Point part may be too far above the wing. try moving it "down into" the wing so the snap point will pop out the other side.

Attaching things non-conventionally is also as much a wrist technique as it is design. sometimes thing wont "turn green" for me unless i have a strange camera angle and am aiming the mouse about a half-inch off.

I notice, in the video, that Manley can bring up a menu to interact with the placement of a part. How does he do that? I've placed the radial attachment points just as he has, but possibly a bit high. Sinking them into the wing may fix this, but I don't know how to do that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.