REQUIREMENT {
			name = PartModuleUnlocked
			type = PartModuleUnlocked
			partModule = SyncModuleControlSurface
		}
	}
}
Edited by Dep

I'm having some difficulty integrating this mod with FAR (the dev version for 1.2) and Modular Flight Integrator. It looks like AtmosphereAutopilot is conflicting with something in ModulearFlightIntegrator for whenever I add it to my GameData, I get the following error from AA.

[LOG 22:58:00.162] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: starting up!
[LOG 22:58:00.163] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: FAR aerodynamics detected
[EXC 22:58:00.164] ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
    System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes ()
    AtmosphereAutopilot.AtmosphereAutopilot.get_csurf_module ()
    AtmosphereAutopilot.AtmosphereAutopilot.Start ()
[LOG 22:58:00.166] FixMaxTemps: Fixing Temps

Has anyone got AtmosphereAutopilot to work with the dev version of Ferram Aerospace Research for 1.2 and the latest ModularFlightIntegrator?

Edited by Rigel Kerman

8 hours ago, Rigel Kerman said:

Has anyone got AtmosphereAutopilot to work with the dev version of Ferram Aerospace Research for 1.2 and the latest ModularFlightIntegrator?

I use the dev release of FAR, ModularFlightIntegrator, and Boris' AtmosphereAutopilot without problems.

I can confirm this. I am also running the current FAR/MFI dev version with AtmosphereAutopilot and it runs fine. My only problem with it is that in "Level flight" mode it still drops in altitude (just extremely slightly) and it doesnt register changes for altitude or heading. When pressing WASD it displays the change in red text on screen, it just does not execute them. But i have some 120 mods or so running, who the hell knows why that happens? :D i just fly it with normal fly-by-wire in the direction i want to and engage level flight after then and correct my altitude every quarter rotation around the planet or so^^

Peace
TK

• 3 weeks later...

just chiming in to say this is extremely well done and has been one of the essential mods i use for the last few patch/update cycles. thanks for sharing, i know free time is in short supply for students (well, if you actually do your homework and study that is :P)

• 2 weeks later...

PSA, the Mod seems to work under 1.3.0 even without a recompile.

@Boris-Barboris, would you care to upload a version bump? All you have to do is change the AVC version file, bump the mod version and the KSP compatibility version (, optionally recompile) and then release a new version.

If you are lazy, I can assist by making a PR.

@Kobymaru I think changing the version on http://ksp-avc.cybutek.net/ should be enough, wich I just did. Not sure about actual local file, it may or may not be irrelevant. Even after PR, I'm too lazy to publish it in three places just for one changed number in text file.

Edited by Boris-Barboris

• 1 month later...

Hello Boris

Thank's for update.

I just wanted to keep my settings for many planes from 1.2.2 through 1.3 and i thought i had only to transfer the designs folder from AA in KSP 1.2.2 in the AA folder in KSP 1.3, but it does not seem to work when i open atmospheric Autopilot.

Is there something i am missing?

Edited by gilflo

I know this is a feature that other mods have but given the smootheness of this mod I would like to see it done here is it possible that you could make it so that Atmospheric Autopilot allows you to fold specific angels of attack or particular pitches against the horizon, for winged SSTO's the process of deobiting is long and you usually have to hold an angle of attack for a long time especially with real scaled solar system and having a much smoother controller to be able to do it would be lovely curren't use mech jeb but it's kinda doddgy in comparison to AA.

Edit; re-reading this I realize I wasn't particularly clear, basically what I mean is that it would be fantastic to have a box where I could type in 30 and it would hold a 30 degree pitch against my prograde marker or against the horizon.

Edited by etheoma

@etheoma I'm busy with other stuff and probably won't touch AA unless new KSP patch breaks something. You can set AoA limit to desired value and pitch up to it FBW mode. Keep in mind the limit is considered strating from some non-zero dynamic pressure, moderation turns off in upper atmosphere.

Imprecise, but it's not like there is any foundation behind the exact number you would enter in that text field you mention.

On 25.7.2017 at 1:39 AM, etheoma said:

Edit; re-reading this I realize I wasn't particularly clear, basically what I mean is that it would be fantastic to have a box where I could type in 30 and it would hold a 30 degree pitch against my prograde marker or against the horizon.

Why not just set the NavBall to "Surface", disable Moderation (or set limiter to 30) and pitch up to 30 Degrees manually?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing KSP for maybe three years, two of them with Realism Overhaul/Real Solar System.

I have absolutely no idea how I could build and fly so many planes without this mod. You, my man, are a true magician, just like all the other modders. Kudos :)

Is there any possibility of getting the cruise control's autopilot to have Waypoint Manager support? It would be really nice to have the ability to set a destination from the Waypoint Manager menu, or for survey missions, have the aircraft automatically head to the next waypoint once you've completed the current one.

47 minutes ago, SaintWacko said:

Is there any possibility of getting the cruise control's autopilot to have Waypoint Manager support? It would be really nice to have the ability to set a destination from the Waypoint Manager menu, or for survey missions, have the aircraft automatically head to the next waypoint once you've completed the current one.

I'm not up for the task, sorry. AA needs an active dev.

On 25/07/2017 at 7:37 PM, Boris-Barboris said:

@etheoma I'm busy with other stuff and probably won't touch AA unless new KSP patch breaks something. You can set AoA limit to desired value and pitch up to it FBW mode. Keep in mind the limit is considered strating from some non-zero dynamic pressure, moderation turns off in upper atmosphere.

Imprecise, but it's not like there is any foundation behind the exact number you would enter in that text field you mention.

For reentry there is an optimal AOA which can hold for a certain altitude because at the start you are just trying to create enough drag and lift to keep you high enough while you slow down so you don't burn up so keeping say a 30 degree pitch from the surface pro-grade vector for example could give you the drag you need, not that I am demanding you change anything or something like that I am simply explaining that there is a use case to being able to maintain a specific attitude, it is edge case though as not a lot of people use flying SSTO's often enough to be bothered because it's more difficult and takes longer than even a rocket SSTO as you have to as I said keep up high for as long as possible, because unlike a rocket SSTO you cannot cover the top with a heat shield and go with a ballistic trajectory which is faster so decent is a lot faster and a lot less involved, and launches are also easier.

I was thinking of maybe making a kOS script but it's too much effort to be bothered, considering I would literally be designing a auto pilot which would need to change even the AOA of the wings etc, it would be a lot of work and I don't even have a foundation in coding to begin with.

Edited by etheoma