[1.8.0-1.12.5] AtmosphereAutopilot 1.6.1

Boris-Barboris

16 hours ago, OminousPenguin said:

I think the cleanest solution to this problem is to have a short (configurable) delay (about 1 second) after changing the value before it takes effect.

Another way to do this is to have a "Set" button.  Changing the number doesn't do anything until you hit the button.

Real avionics work this way:  Many radios display an "active" and a "working" frequency.  You dial (or type) in changes into the "working" number, then hit "swap" to make the number you just entered active.  (It also swaps the old active frequency back into the working register because often you're only temporarily changing frequencies and will go back to the original.  That's helpful for radios, but not so much for autopilot commands.)

Just so you know, this mod REALLY doesn't agree with AGX deploying control surfaces via action group.

[LOG 19:04:40.106] AGX Action not activated, that group still in cooldown

This is the only thing I saw in the logs that referenced the problem, though here is the log anyways. (ignore all the Kerbal Konstructs errors, I broke that after the control surface problem.)

Also, I'm interested in making this work with Mouse Aim Flight, do you have any idea what part of the code I might need to modify? (yes I know that this mod has a mouse director, but I like the feel of MAF's better) Currently AA (specifically SFBW) will cause the aircraft to pitch up and down when MAF is activated, but isn't currently giving any input to the controls. I believe that the problem stems from AA thinking that MAF is the player giving keyboard input, and MAF thinking that AA is the player giving keyboard input. I would like to make the two mods at least compatible, if not find a way to integrate MAF into the mouse director.

This is a really great mod, it's leaps and bounds ahead of all the other aircraft autopilots, and due to some strange magic, the gui is able to operate on my 6-year-old mac without freezing the game. Keep up the good work!  

45 minutes ago, N1njawarrior said:

Just so you know, this mod REALLY doesn't agree with AGX deploying control surfaces via action group.

Try reassigning those action groups anew, if they don't work at all. AA uses custom control surface module, derived from stock one, so vessels usually need to be retweaked after install (without FAR). Other than that, there's absolutely nothing in the code that should break it (and i don't see any hardcoded stuff in AGX to break it either). Feel free to investigate module's source, it is handling the "deploy" flag.

If you're having a problem not with not deploying, but with jerkiness after the deploy - yes, it doesn't like when craft's shape changes during flight, it needs time and data to adapt.

45 minutes ago, N1njawarrior said:

Also, I'm interested in making this work with Mouse Aim Flight, do you have any idea what part of the code I might need to modify?

Not AA's code, MAF's one. Under stock aero you need to go here and in line 102 change " vessel.OnAutopilotUpdate += MouseAimPilot; " to " vessel.OnPreAutopilotUpdate += MouseAimPilot;". Then comment out line 88 of " TweakControlSurfaces(mouseAimActive); "

And before you go: I doubt you will get any good control from this sloppy cascade. Though it's quite an easy one, so I encourage you to investigate for yourself. Also, I'm sure the cascade would "work" in FBW's rocket mode better yaw-wise.

MD is still quite literally a placeholder for debugging the controller under it, it will get an overhaul this summer, I believe.

Edited by Boris-Barboris

17 hours ago, Boris-Barboris said:

What makes you think it is not? I don't use it, is there a problem with it?

Preliminary test with it showed some problems: It is as if AA doesn't "see" the input from AFBW properly and is constantly reacting when releasing controls. I tried without AFBW installed and things were OK. I am guessing AFBW somehow bypass regular KSP inputs...

Also, I was wondering if you could change the "hotkeys" behaviors for AA... Make them configurable and allow the use of a modifier key (ALT for example). Currently, pressing P, anywhere. even when on a text box, enable AA...

Edited by Galenmacil

7 hours ago, Galenmacil said:

I tried without AFBW installed and things were OK. I am guessing AFBW somehow bypass regular KSP inputs...

I see the problem, will form pull request to AFBW tonight and give the build, that is cooperating.

21 hours ago, Boris-Barboris said:

Try reassigning those action groups anew, if they don't work at all. AA uses custom control surface module, derived from stock one, so vessels usually need to be retweaked after install (without FAR). Other than that, there's absolutely nothing in the code that should break it (and i don't see any hardcoded stuff in AGX to break it either). Feel free to investigate module's source, it is handling the "deploy" flag.

If you're having a problem not with not deploying, but with jerkiness after the deploy - yes, it doesn't like when craft's shape changes during flight, it needs time and data to adapt.

After further testing, I discovered that something is breaking my ability to deploy control surface period, using action groups has nothing to do with my problem, and the vessel was using was created after installing AA. Sadly I see much debugging in my future, darn. (<--- that's okay to say on the forums, right?)

21 hours ago, Boris-Barboris said:

Not AA's code, MAF's one. Under stock aero you need to go here and in line 102 change " vessel.OnAutopilotUpdate += MouseAimPilot; " to " vessel.OnPreAutopilotUpdate += MouseAimPilot;". Then comment out line 88 of " TweakControlSurfaces(mouseAimActive); "

LOL, when I first read this part of your post, I somehow skipped over the part saying Not AA's code, MAF's one, which left me very confused. After rereading I now understand what you mean. Also, do to some unknown reason, AA doesn't like me making a jet pack based off of scott manley's design, It will either start porpoising or it will occasionally roll 90 degrees. (even after reducing the control authority)  I assume the is what you were talking about in the main post. 

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I'm still relatively new to modding (messing around) in KSP, and don't quite know my way around the code yet. I also haven't yet taken time to get accustomed to unity's UI, which might help. :P

Edit: actually, I think that the line of code you were pointing me towards might even fix the way MAF handles Stock Bug  Fix Modules, though the modules in question will still break AA, so it won't make much difference.

Edited by N1njawarrior
posted before checking links, again.

Here a montage showing a prototype VTOL, mach 2.6 capable aircraft I made: The Valkyr Y2. Hard to pilot without assistance. Made easy with this mod. Thank you Boris!

Spoiler

Nl8lV7i.jpg

Edited by Galenmacil

Bug report:

The mod consistently affects the deployment of symmetrical control surfaces, reversing the normal direction and blocking the port side almost completely (it does move very slightly). It does so on both career and sandbox mode, even to the stock planes (as depicted below).

Windows 7 64-bit; fresh KSP 1.1.2 x64 vanilla Steam download modded with only Module Manager 2.6.25 and Atmosphere Autopilot 1.5.3 installed from CKAN.

Bug%20report.jpg

Onward to comments and well deserved praise^_^: although the GUI opening sequence is a bit ungainly, this mod is actually easy to use, being capable of handling every unstable bumblebee I threw at it. Furthermore, the standard PID settings are so responsive that I found it quicker to activate the mod to pull out of a stall-induced spin than trying (and usually failing) a PARE manoeuvre. The one second delay on typing strikes me as a good idea, though.

BTW, congratulations on your graduation!

Edited by Maegil

5 hours ago, Maegil said:

The mod consistently affects the deployment of symmetrical control surfaces, reversing the normal direction and blocking the port side almost completely (it does move very slightly).

When I was writing control surface module I tied deploy direction to currently chosen axis, so it's a mess when you select all 3, look at deploy's behaviour when only pitch is selected for example. Maybe I'll think of something better.

For GUI I suggest hotkeys, they save time.

2soon, still need to finish project, but thank you.

Edited by Boris-Barboris

12 hours ago, Boris-Barboris said:

When I was writing control surface module I tied deploy direction to currently chosen axis, so it's a mess when you select all 3, look at deploy's behaviour when only pitch is selected for example. Maybe I'll think of something better.

For GUI I suggest hotkeys, they save time.

2soon, still need to finish project, but thank you.

Ahh, that might explain my problem with deploying control surfaces, I generally put my flaps on the main wing, and turn off all control axes.

I found out the hard way that this mod does not like B9 procedural parts.  Are there any procedural wings that it does play well with?

Well it wasn't B9, removed tweakscale as well and it's still showing csurf = false.  I've posted my modlist below.  Any idea which one might be causing this? 

Spoiler

MagiCore v1.0.0.0
ModuleManager.2.6.24 v2.6.24.0
MiniAVC v1.0.3.2
aaa_Toolbar v1.0.0.0 / v1.7.11.0
USITools v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.0.3.2
ASETPropsIdentifier v1.3.0.0
AtmosphereAutopilot v1.5.3.0
MiniAVC v1.0.3.2
B9AnimationModules v1.0.2.0 / v1.0.2
B9PartSwitch v1.3.0.0
BetterBurnTime v1.0.0.0
CactEye2 v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.0.3.0
Chatterer v0.9.8.1230
MiniAVC v1.0.3.2
CLSInterfaces v1.0.0.0
ConnectedLivingSpace v1.2.1.4
ContractConfigurator v1.0.0.0 / v1.12.0
RemoteTech v1.7.0.0 / v1.7.0
CC_RemoteTech v1.0.0.0 / v1.12.0
MiniAVC v1.0.3.2
CorrectCoL v1.3.0.0
CustomBarnKit v1.1.8.0
AGExt v1.0.0.0
kOSVoidAction v1.0.0.0
DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric v0.13.0.0
ContractParser v1.0.3.0 / vv3.0
ProgressParser v1.0.4.0 / vv4.0
ContractsWindow v1.0.6.3 / vv6.3
EngineLight v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.0.3.0
Firespitter v7.1.5964.19707
ForScience v1.2.0.0
DPCamera v1.0.2.40073
GPOSpeedPump v1.8.1.29234
InterstellarFuelSwitch v2.0.7.0 / v2.0.7
MiniAVC v1.0.3.1
Scale_Redist v1.0.0.0
JSIAdvTransparentPods v0.1.2.0
RasterPropMonitor v0.26.0.19575
KAS v0.5.7.0 / v0.5.7 for KSP 1.1
MiniAVC v1.0.3.1
KerbalConstructionTime v1.3.3.7
KerbalEngineer v1.1.1.0
KerbalEngineer.Unity v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.0.3.2
KerbalJointReinforcement v3.1.7.0
NavUtilLib v0.4.3.0
NavUtilRPM v0.4.3.0
NavUtilToolBar v0.5.0.0
KSPDev_Utils v0.12.0.0 / v0.12.0 for KSP v1.1
KIS v1.2.10.0 / v1.2.10 for KSP 1.1
MiniAVC v1.0.3.0
km_Gimbal v3.0.5.0 / v3.0.7.0
Kopernicus.Components v1.0.0.0
Kopernicus.OnDemand v1.0.0.0
Kopernicus v1.0.0.0
ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib v0.86.0.518 / v0.86.0
kOS v0.20.1.0
kOS.Safe v0.20.1.0
kOSPropMonitor v1.0.5986.38170
MiniAVC v1.0.3.0
KRASH v0.0.0.0
KronalUtils v1.0.0.0
KSP-AVC v1.1.6.1
MiniAVC v1.0.3.0
ActiveStruts v1.1.0.0
IRSurfaceSampler v1.0.1.5 / v1.5
InfernalRobotics v2.0.0.0
Scale_Redist v1.0.0.0
MechJeb2 v2.5.1.0 / v / v2.5.7.0
DockingPortAlignmentIndicator v1.0.0.0
DPAI_RPM v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.0.3.0
ModuleDockingNodeNamed v1.0.0.0
FinalFrontier v1.0.0.0
NRAP v1.5.5965.41835 / v1.5.1.1
RCSBuildAid v0.8.5999.37630
RCSBuildAidToolbar v0.8.5999.37631
RealChute v1.4.5964.18052 / v1.4.1.1
SafeChute v1.9.1.19559
SCANsat v1.6.0.0 / vv16.0 / v1.6.0.6
SCANmechjeb v1.6.0.0 / vv16.0
scatterer v1.0.5972.26172
CLSInterfaces v1.0.0.0
ShipManifest v5.1.0.0
MiniAVC v1.0.3.2
SmartParts v1.7.0.0
SmokeScreen v2.6.15.0
Stock assembly: KSPSteamCtrlr v0.0.1.33
Stock assembly: SaveUpgradePipeline.Scripts v1.0.0.2 / v1.0.0.21
Stock assembly: Steamworks.NET v8.0.0.0 / v8.0.0
StageRecovery v1.6.4.2
MiniAVC v1.0.3.0
StationScience v1.6.0.0
Strategia v1.0.0.0 / v1.2.3
MiniAVC v1.0.3.0
TarsierSpaceTech v6.2.0.0
ThrottleControlledAvionics v3.1.0.0
Trajectories v1.6.2.0
KerbalAlarmClock v3.6.3.0
TransferWindowPlanner v1.5.1.0
KolonyTools v1.0.0.0
USILifeSupport v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.0.3.0
MiniAVC v1.0.3.0
[x] Science! v4.18.5988.22439

Folders and files in GameData:
000_Toolbar
000_USITools
0PIF_4_Stock
0PinlineFairings
Apex
ASET
AtmosphereAutopilot
B9AnimationModules
B9PartSwitch
B9_Aerospace
BahaSP
Better Science Labs Continued
BetterBurnTime
CactEye
Canadarm
Chatterer
ColorCodedCans
CommunityResourcePack
CommunityTechTree
ConnectedLivingSpace
ContractConfigurator
ContractPacks
Cormorant Aeronology
CorrectCoL
CustomBarnKit
Diazo
DMagicScienceAnimate
DMagicUtilities
EngineLight
Firespitter
ForScience
FP_KOAS
FuelTanksPlus
GPOSpeedFuelPump
HabTech
InterstellarFuelSwitch
JSI
KAS
KerbalConstructionTime
KerbalEngineer
KerbalJointReinforcement
KerbalScienceFoundation
kerbodynePlus
KIS
Klockheed_Martian_Gimbal
Kopernicus
kOS
kPM
KRASH
KronalUtils
KSA
KSP-AVC
KWRocketry
LETech
MagicSmokeIndustries
MechJeb2
Mk1RPMInternal
Mk2Expansion
Mk3Expansion
ModRocketSys
MP_Nazari
NAU
NavyFish
NearFutureProps
Nereid
NRAP
OPM
QuizTechAero
RCSBuildAid
RealChute
RealPlume
RealPlume-Stock
RemoteTech
SafeChute
SCANsat
scatterer
ShipManifest
SmartParts
SmokeScreen
SpaceY-Lifters
SPD
Stock folder: Squad

StageRecovery
StationPartsExpansion
StationScience
Strategia
SurfaceExperimentPackage
TarsierSpaceTech
ThrottleControlledAvionics
Trajectories
TriggerTech
UmbraSpaceIndustries
UnmannedBeforeManned
[x] Science!
cls_settings.dat
FinalFrontier.dat
MagiCore-License.txt
MagiCore.dll
MagiCore.version
ModuleManager.2.6.24.dll
ModuleManager.ConfigCache
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree
toolbar-settings.dat

Edited by icedown

@icedown look at the craft file of the plane you have problems with (KSP root\saves\<save_name>\SPH\<craftname>.craft, make sure you created\saved it after AA install)
and look at the name of control surface module (search by "ModuleControlSurface"). It should look like:

PART
{
	part = R8winglet_4294820038
	MODULE
	{
		name = SyncModuleControlSurface
	}
}

If the name of control surface module is not "Sync...", make sure you have csurf_sync.cfg in AA's folder. If abovementioned doesn't help, come back with logs.

Edited by Boris-Barboris

Ok, apparently MM thinks FAR is installed.

Found this in the logs

[ModuleManager] Deleting Node in file AtmosphereAutopilot/csurf_sync subnode: @PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleControlSurface]]:FOR[AtmosphereAutopilot]:NEEDS[!FerramAerospaceResearch] as it can't satisfy its NEEDS

FAR is not installed, but it is listed in the Non-DLL mods section and I really don't know why.

Here are my logs.  I'm gonna pass out for the day. I'll look into it further tonight.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79622787/KSP.log

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79622787/output_log.txt

2 hours ago, icedown said:

FAR is not installed, but it is listed in the Non-DLL mods section and I really don't know why.

Double check gamedata folder. Especialy if you have uninstalled it with CKAN. If there is only empty FAR folder, MM would think that FAR is installed and tried to apply patch on parts for it.

You probably have some config file or something that was created after mod is installed and CKAN refuse to delete it when you want to uninstall everything.

@icedown

[ModuleManager] :FOR[FERRAMAEROSPACERESEARCH] pass

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

[ModuleManager] Applying node KWRocketry/KWCommunityFixes/KW_FAR/@PART[KWFin]:FOR[FerramAerospaceResearch] to KWRocketry/Parts/Aero/KWFin/part/KWFin

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

[ModuleManager] Applying node KWRocketry/KWCommunityFixes/KW_FAR/@PART[KWFinGC]:FOR[FerramAerospaceResearch] to KWRocketry/Parts/Aero/KWFinGC/part/KWFinGC

Try fixing those two configs so they not only FOR[Ferram...], but also NEED[Ferram...]. It looks like the form of declaration those community fixes use make MM think FAR is installed. Looks like it actually breaks a lot of stuff for you from b9 too.

Edited by Boris-Barboris

I logged on just to say that this mod is incredible and I hope you never stop supporting it for future versions of KSP and FAR. It works beautifully for both planes and rockets. I'm finally able to do REAL gravity turns in FAR, even with SRBs.

9 hours ago, Boris-Barboris said:

Try fixing those two configs so they not only FOR[Ferram...], but also NEED[Ferram...]. It looks like the form of declaration those community fixes use make MM think FAR is installed. Looks like it actually breaks a lot of stuff for you from b9 too.

I was wondering about that.  I tried putting a NEED at the end of them but I guess the FOR still triggers.  I'll change those out when I get home and see if that clears it up. 

11 minutes ago, icedown said:

I was wondering about that.  I tried putting a NEED at the end of them but I guess the FOR still triggers.  I'll change those out when I get home and see if that clears it up. 

Maybe removing FOR in the first place can help. Try leaving only the NEED part.

6 hours ago, Boris-Barboris said:

Maybe removing FOR in the first place can help. Try leaving only the NEED part.

That was it.  Once I removed that FOR and added NEEDS Sync showed up in the part database and my planes fly perfectly. Thank you for the help.  My planes are pretty stable, but they tend to be very touchy on the controls so this is a very nice change.

OK, got my degree with totally unrelated to AA "neural control in aircraft landing" project, so now i'll have some time for the mod. @Morse, if you're still here, just make some kind of a pull request I guess, it's the easiest way to cooperate. Let's wrap up GUI and hotkeys stuff.

Fixed navball surface mode interaction with FBW, it broke somewhere around 1.1.2. The code made craft hold surface-relative pitch when in surface mode and inertial pitch when in orbital mode, so if you miss this actually very comforting feature, grab the dropbox build.

8 hours ago, Boris-Barboris said:

OK, got my degree with totally unrelated to AA "neural control in aircraft landing" project, so now i'll have some time for the mod. @Morse, if you're still here, just make some kind of a pull request I guess, it's the easiest way to cooperate. Let's wrap up GUI and hotkeys stuff.

Fixed navball surface mode interaction with FBW, it broke somewhere around 1.1.2. The code made craft hold surface-relative pitch when in surface mode and inertial pitch when in orbital mode, so if you miss this actually very comforting feature, grab the dropbox build.

Nice, but the dropbox link says 404.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.