[1.8.0-1.12.5] AtmosphereAutopilot 1.6.1

Boris-Barboris

35 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

@Boris-Barboris sorry if this has already been asked, but would it be possible for you to make it so SAS got turned off automagically when AA was activated?

Yeah, that's one line of code which actually should have been there from the start. Grab AA dll from https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23572905/KSP_Mods/AtmosphereAutopilot/AtmosphereAutopilot_1.5.10.zip

I have a slightly odd request. Could this notice and handle (as best as it can) the situation where the aircraft is going backwards? I appreciate the control surfaces are unlikely to be ideally positioned for this purpose.

I ask because of the _Behemoth_, pictured at the start of this thread. It's surprisingly good for a stupid plane, except for the difficulty of landing it on Eve, and I think with this mod it might be quite flyable. The only solution I came up with for getting it down on Eve, however, was to decelerate tail-first outside the atmosphere, tail-sit down through the upper atmosphere, and transition to forward flight once the atmosphere is thick enough to support it. This doesn't really work, of course, if all the control surfaces are going the wrong way because they don't know the aircraft is going in reverse. They could just be turned off, but it might be better still to have them try and aid us as best as they can.

I know this is basically silly so I'll understand if you say no.

14 minutes ago, damerell said:

because they don't know the aircraft is going in reverse

they do know.

@damerell basically FbW with moderation off will not force you to go nose-forward, if your plane is actually capable to hold desired orientation.

Edited by Boris-Barboris

Brilliant, thank you. If at some point in the future all the mods I like are simultaneously available for the current KSP (sigh) I'll give the Behemoth another whirl.

(What I meant by "they don't know" is "in an unmodded KSP, they do the wrong thing").

Edited by damerell

On 1/4/2017 at 5:38 AM, incrediblekarma said:

Did you disable SAS before you turned on the master switch? I couldn't figure out why cruise director wasn't working for me, and after a little toying around with it realized it doesn't work correctly unless you ensure SAS is off before you activate it. Only speed control worked with SAS on. 

I was always in the habit of having SAS on for takeoff stability so it took me a while to realize what was going on. With this mod, enabling fly by wire provides plenty of control authority to forego turning on SAS for takeoff.

Boris, thank you for your hard work. Mod works beautifully.

Massive thanks for this post, i was tearing my hair out trying to work out why cruise director was then wasn't working, it was sas!

@Boris-Barboris great mod you've got here. thanks for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've tried your mod and it's looking fantastic! 

But i have a problem with Cruise Flight control. It's speed control does workflawlessly, but i do have problem with vertical motion control. Does it mean to maintain at specific altitude because mine is not working. I have turned SAS off as told so but it still can't maintain at desired altitude, but somehow it can maintain attitude (when i switch off master switch, the plane suddenly dive uncontrollably). And when i 'pick' waypoint, it says: "Can't pick waypoint when Cruise Flight controller disabled" and how can I turn it on? 

BTW even the mod doesn't work properly, but it still do the job maintaining attitude and speed although sometimes I have to correct the altitude level. It makes my polar station resupply mission way much easier than just relying on stock SAS. Thank you very much before :D

Hi,

This is an amazing mod and I have been using this as a flight control system for my fighter jets build in FAR, but is there a way for the BD armory's AIs to use this fly by wire system? I tried enabling the fly by wire system when the ai is flying the plane but it doesn't seems to do anything.

Best

@Boris-Barboris

Would you consider adding the ability to toggle the "extra moderation" that engages when using fine control? I want to slow down my input with fine controls without having a new stricter set of limits placed on AoA, G, etc. If I you just added a checkbox enabled by default for current behavior I could take that feature off for the planes I use. I love this mod so much! Must have with FAR.

1 hour ago, Svm420 said:

I want to slow down my input with fine controls without having a new stricter set of limits placed on AoA, G, etc.

Fine controls currently only affects G limits, and only in MD\CF modes, if I remember it correctly. For FBW it just divides max angular velocities.

Edited by Boris-Barboris

Would you consider adding a toggle? I was using FBW so if the only limit is angular V then that's want I want to avoid. I don't want that for my planes, namely fighters I have already chosen limits for them with your wonderful mod, and don't want that extra if I could toggle it. Thanks!

https://github.com/Boris-Barboris/AtmosphereAutopilot/releases/tag/v1.5.10

• moment of inertia math fix
  • mod now turns off stock SAS by itself
  • distance to waypoint back in GUI
  • watch_precision_mode toggle in ang vel controllers GUI toggles handling of precision mode. Each ang vel controller has separate option.
  • precision_mode_factor in config to tune precision input mode factor (0.33 by default). Each ang vel controller has separate option.