[1.8.0-1.12.5] AtmosphereAutopilot 1.6.1

Boris-Barboris

I am having an issue with the mod, it won't let me select the heading option in Cruise Flight Controller after using it for a previous flight. Sometimes closing the menu for the mod fixes it, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes turning on/off the master switch fixes it sometimes it doesn't. Quicksaving and reloading doesn't work either.

KSP Version 1.7.3

Mods: AtmosphereAutopilot, KAS, KIS, Kerbinside, Kerbal Konstructs, Infernal Robitics, Trajectories, Tweakscale, Vessel Mover, Planetary base, Vessel Mover, Waypoint Manager

Output log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gPgQ38dIR7sEKy79BDhLioxJut4qX9cF/view?usp=sharing

Edit: Sometimes the heading option becomes clickable again, randomly.

Edited by RYU AZUKU99
figured out the sniz

7 hours ago, RYU AZUKU99 said:

I am having an issue with the mod, it won't let me select the heading option in Cruise Flight Controller after using it for a previous flight. Sometimes closing the menu for the mod fixes it, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes turning on/off the master switch fixes it sometimes it doesn't. Quicksaving and reloading doesn't work either.

Sorry, but I'm afraid I can't reproduce your problem. Your logs seem fine.

I got a video showing me not being able to click the heading option after noticing that it had switched me to level, then a few minutes later being able to select the option again. https://youtu.be/N_zVWpe2HIw

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do have a theory on both how this might occur, and potentially how I may have found a fix. All of the flights I have been using this mod for have been to the north pole, my base is slightly past the point at which the navball/camera freaks out because you are passing right over the pole itself, I think that this navball movement(which changes the heading) might be whats causing this glitch. As for the potential fix? Well, I decided to use the waypoint navagation option to bring me back to the runway, and once I put the coordinates into it and activated it I decided I might as well see if I can select the heading option again, and I could! Maybe messing with the waypoint navagation fixed it? IDK. Going to have to do some actual testing with this as I wasn't really paying too much attention.

Edited by RYU AZUKU99
figured out the sniz

10 minutes ago, RYU AZUKU99 said:

. All of the flights I have been using this mod for have been to the north po

Oh, wow! Yes, that's intentional. Heading mode switches to level mode on high latitudes because course makes no sense anymore. Sorry for the lack of docs, but what you see was explicitly coded by me. Just use waypoints or level near the poles.

Edited by Boris-Barboris

2 minutes ago, Boris-Barboris said:

Oh, wow! Yes, that's intentional. Heading mode switches to level mode on high latitudes because course makes no sence anymore. Sorry for the lack of docs, but what you see was explicitly coded by me. Just use waypoints or level near the poles.

Ahh ok then. Thanks for the info:)

Ever since I reinstalled AA I have this new snazzy UI that appears from the toolbar button. I’m seeing some quirky behavior that I wanted to run by you:

When having cruise control active, set to altitude X, and climbing to that altitude,  opening the snazzy new UI will set the target altitude to the current altitude. This with just opening the new UI, not pressing or sliding anything. 

It’s a nice way to kinda say “keep me here” but since that’s what ‘level’ is for I wondered if it’s a bug. 

Edit: no log at this time as I kept forgetting to save it and post here. Let me know if you’d like it. 

Edited by Jognt

5 minutes ago, RYU AZUKU99 said:

Ahh ok then. Thanks for the info:)

85 degrees is the border IIRC

2 minutes ago, Jognt said:

Ever since I reinstalled AA I have this new snazzy UI that appears from the toolbar button. I’m seeing some quirky behavior that I wanted to run by you:

When having cruise control active, set to altitude X, and climbing to that altitude,  opening the snazzy new UI will set the target altitude to the current altitude. This with just opening the new UI, not pressing or sliding anything. 

Is your neo_gui flag in global_settings.txt set to true by any chance.

4 minutes ago, Boris-Barboris said:

85 degrees is the border IIRC

Is your neo_gui flag in global_settings.txt set to true by any chance.

AtmosphereAutopilot
{
	use_neo_gui = false
}

I'm going to go with "I don't think so" :D

Edited by Jognt

Just now, Jognt said:

AtmosphereAutopilot
{
	use_neo_gui = false
}

K, i'll have to process your issue later, tomorrow probably, i'm currently, dare I say, indisposed. In the meantime, please do tell what did you expect to happen and what didn't happen.

5 minutes ago, Boris-Barboris said:

K, i'll have to process your issue later, tomorrow probably, i'm currently, dare I say, indisposed. In the meantime, please do tell what did you expect to happen and what didn't happen.

No worries, it's nothing gamebreaking :)

Expected behavior: Open UI, allow changes by user if so desired.

Observed behavior: Open UI, changes instantly made by application. (target altitude being set to current altitude at time of opening UI)

Expected behavior with cruise control off: Autoset target altitude to current altitude to prevent sudden control inputs upon activating cruise control + altitude. (so basically current behavior with the exception that it happens if cruise control + target altitude is already on)

Edited by Jognt

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I'm having an issue where I use thrust balancing to take off with a vtol airplane, after a few seconds it pitches up hard, untill all forward velocity is gone, at which point it becomes uncontrollable and slams back in to the ground....

I'm absolutely clueless, the craft worked fine, i added a fuel cell, i then accidentally clicked on the back end of the ship, which I just put back, and since then it won't fly properly anymore. I've imported the craft to another save in case it got bugged or something. The craft uses robotics and half of the robotic assembly was connected to that back end. Could that cause such a problem even if it is seemingly connected back together as was?

Edit: I found that disabling moderation prevents the problem from occuring, makes me wonder what changed...

Edited by Cruss

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, pingopete said:

Just discovered this mod, after having spent years struggling to control my IRL fighter replicas in KSP with FAR this is absolutely amazing, thanks so much!!

sorry wrong thread

Edited by pingopete

11 minutes ago, pingopete said:

OK, so i just gave that a go, unfortunately even though the gui says it's fully disabled, im still getting this phantom nose dive input https://imgur.com/a/iE63iKz

In this particular screenshot you are pitching up, wich is evident by elavator position and control widget in the left lower corner of the screen.

Other than the fact that the plane is too stable and is barely capable of holding level flight AoA on maximum pitch, I can't say much more about your problem or lack thereof.

The gui that is open is not from AA btw, it's TCA's gui.

Edited by Boris-Barboris

49 minutes ago, Boris-Barboris said:

In this particular screenshot you are pitching up, wich is evident by elavator position and control widget in the left lower corner of the screen.

Other than the fact that the plane is too stable and is barely capable of holding level flight AoA on maximum pitch, I can't say much more about your problem or lack thereof.

The gui that is open is not from AA btw, it's TCA's gui.

I meant to post that in the TCA mod thread, my bad, defo not related to this mod 

I've had a look at the wiki in github for this but couldn't see any parameters that might allow this; is there any way to adjust the aoa limit value based on airspeed? I have mine set at 40, which works great for the vast majority of the time, but it'd be cool if there was some way to increase this value at slower speeds. I'm just thinking of super maneuverability fighter jets doing vertical 180's at very low speeds using vectored thrust.

Not a big issue at all as I can just manually disable the limiter when I want to do this stuff but thought it might be a cool feature. 

7 hours ago, pingopete said:

is there any way to adjust the aoa limit value based on airspeed?

moder_cutoff_ias of pitch/yaw angular velocity controller governs the instrumental speed below which the pitch/yaw moderation is completely turned off automatically. The default value is 10m/s. You could simply increase it.

No other way.

Edited by Boris-Barboris

8 hours ago, Boris-Barboris said:

moder_cutoff_ias of pitch/yaw angular velocity controller governs the instrumental speed below which the pitch/yaw moderation is completely turned off automatically. The default value is 10m/s. You could simply increase it.

No other way.

OK cool, I'll try that, thanks!

Just tested it out and it works perfectly! Now I can do my cobra maneuvers! Awesome

Edited by pingopete

• 2 weeks later...

Two years with Kramax later I don't know what made me switch away from this.

Not that Kramax is all bad, but PID tuning is unpleasant and so the only thing I find it useful for is the glideslope/flight plan thing enabling autolanding and slightly smoother take-off. This, on the other hand, actually lets me fly.

Edited by Angstinator

Hello! I've been using this mod for years now but have encountered a very strange issue recently. I've been playing around with tailless supermaneuverable aircraft for a couple years now, but there are two issues I'm encountering that I've not been able to change in any way through tweaking the settings. 

First, an older issue: On takeoff my engines seem to be gimballing to control yaw to one extreme or the other, not varying in thrust or correcting in any way. I notice my plane slipping laterally by fractions of a degree per second from the moment I take off. Not normally a problem, but it becomes an issue when I pull high-G maneuvers or try maneuvering post-stall.

Second, a new problem that arose with this version: For some reason, my craft locks into a high AoA in yaw after recovering from a spin stall. Rolling or pulling up does not change this; it simply returns my plane into a second slip stall that I usually cannot recover from. This can (on occasion, I haven't figured out why) also lead to being unable to pitch down at all. I only regain the ability to pitch downward when AA is turned off. Since my planes are normally uncontrollable without the help of AA, this is a huge problem for me. 

Any suggestions? Like I said before, I tried tweaking things one by one, but there may be something I missed. Please let me know if you'd like to see the log and I'll post it as soon as I'm able. I'm currently traveling but this just came to mind while waiting to board.

Edited by ProgradeInProgress

12 hours ago, ProgradeInProgress said:

Any suggestions? Like I said before, I tried tweaking things one by one, but there may be something I missed. Please let me know if you'd like to see the log and I'll post it as soon as I'm able. I'm currently traveling but this just came to mind while waiting to board.

Sorry, nothing comes to mind. Does adding the tail-fin (I know, I know) fix the problem?