[1.8.0-1.12.5] AtmosphereAutopilot 1.6.1

Boris-Barboris

3 hours ago, Gfurst said:

On another question as the one above, if I cannot use SAS, is there a way to keep a steady orientation relative to a vessel direction, such as for example 10° pitch from prograde or retrograde, like something that would be useful for launch or controlled descent.

You misdunderstood, you can use SAS, just not when AA is active.

No, there is no such functionality. MechJeb has it though.

Edited by Boris-Barboris

6 hours ago, Boris-Barboris said:

You misdunderstood, you can use SAS, just not when AA is active.

No that was exactly my question, like the AA works a bit like a stability assist itself, but lacks the functionality to point to a certain direction, it does however handle rotation wobblyness better than the stock director that's why I kind want to use it in that tiny gray area where I shouldn't. have you tried actually replacing the Stock director, is that possible at all?

On 8/19/2020 at 3:14 AM, Gfurst said:

On another question as the one above, if I cannot use SAS, is there a way to keep a steady orientation relative to a vessel direction, such as for example 10° pitch from prograde or retrograde, like something that would be useful for launch or controlled descent.

You could use the kOS director to point in any direction like that.

56 minutes ago, Flibble said:

You could use the kOS director to point in any direction like that.

How so? I use kOS at one point, had a very neat navigational autopilot, to make automated ascent and powered descents, execute maneuvers and actions while remote tech was of touch. However I lost those scripts the last time I wanted to quit KSP, so yeah, rather not do that again.

On 8/19/2020 at 10:16 AM, Boris-Barboris said:

I had no such intention. Possible, but I never tried and had no interest.

I understand that, just thought it would be interesting to use the input stabilization part of the mod as regular, and replacing the stock SAS as the default mod behavior, plus the neatness of having integrated as the stock commands. No worries then.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Idk if this is the right place, but when i turn on my Autopilot (on cruise flight,) it just starts to pitch up. It used to just pitch down before, so what in the hell is happening? I don't have any part of kramax autopilot turned on, or TCA in that matter (even though TCA is an autopilot for VTOLs.)
The Autopilot started working again...
What the fudge.

Edited by bobby72006

19 hours ago, bobby72006 said:

Idk if this is the right place, but when i turn on my Autopilot (on cruise flight,) it just starts to pitch up. It used to just pitch down before, so what in the hell is happening? I don't have any part of kramax autopilot turned on, or TCA in that matter (even though TCA is an autopilot for VTOLs.)
The Autopilot started working again...
What the fudge.

It's OK, AA's model is capricious and borks itself sometimes. Sometimes toggling it off and on a couple of times helps.

• 3 weeks later...

So I've tried using this to help fly to long distance waypoints, using the auto pilot Cruise Flight, and selecting Waypoint.

The informatoin, distance, everything is correct, except the plane refuses to actually correct itself and fly to the destination.

Just now, LadyAthena said:

So I've tried using this to help fly to long distance waypoints, using the auto pilot Cruise Flight, and selecting Waypoint.

The informatoin, distance, everything is correct, except the plane refuses to actually correct itself and fly to the destination.

I sometimes encounter this and turning the master switch off and then back on again usually resolves any issues.

Having an issue in 1.10.1 with ferram aerospace, where the autopilot just freaks out with my shuttles and all 3 control axis are moving wildly. 

At first i assumed it was because the wings are mounted at the bottom, rather than centre line, but i have another aircraft, more private jet like with low mounted wings that flies just fine. I also have a fighter style jet where the CoL is actually infront, making it impossible to fly without AA, and AA keeps it rocksteady. So it cant be a static stability issue right?

It only happens with shuttle style planes for some reason, ive tried 4 different ones, a stock one using the mk3 parts, cormarant aeronology, shuttle orbiter contruction kit, and space shuttle system. All of them are impossible to fly.

7 hours ago, YaBoyShredderson said:

Having an issue in 1.10.1 with ferram aerospace, where the autopilot just freaks out with my shuttles and all 3 control axis are moving wildly. 

At first i assumed it was because the wings are mounted at the bottom, rather than centre line, but i have another aircraft, more private jet like with low mounted wings that flies just fine. I also have a fighter style jet where the CoL is actually infront, making it impossible to fly without AA, and AA keeps it rocksteady. So it cant be a static stability issue right?

It only happens with shuttle style planes for some reason, ive tried 4 different ones, a stock one using the mk3 parts, cormarant aeronology, shuttle orbiter contruction kit, and space shuttle system. All of them are impossible to fly.

In "Flight model" UI panel, is "has_csurf" true for these shuttles?

• 3 weeks later...

Does the autopilot's cruise flight controller bork near the poles, when it comes to direction? I've never seen this particular problem, but as I was flying north to the ice caps, everything was fine, but when i told it to turn 180 south, it refused to turn and if I try and manually turn south, it fights to turn me back north. If I pick a waypoint it'll fly towards it, but it won't accept simple directions anymore, 90, or 180 degrees. I've tried turning it off and back on via the master switch, I've tried quicksave and reload and the behavior persists. 

EDIT: answered it myself, once I manually got south far enough to be almost out of the ice cap biome, behavior returned to normal, so looks like it can't handle directions too close to the north or south pole.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

sometimes the mod crashes the game on startup, during the step Module Manager: Running post patch callbacks. I have a bunch of other mods installed, so there might be a compatibility issue. Strangely enough though, the crash is not completely reproducible, and I've gotten the game to run a few times by clearing the ModuleManager patches cache. But even when it runs, it usually breaks again after starting fine a few times (without me changing anything). Without the mod, KSP launches fine every time.

The last log line is always this (sometimes with different engines):

[LOG 13:31:23.153] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'engineLargeSkipper_v2' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it

I've tried to figure out which mod could cause the problem by disabling my other mods one at a time, but since that clears the ModuleManager cache, the game would sometimes start after I removed a mod, but re-adding it wouldn't break it again, for a few starts anyway. Very strange indeed.

Here's my Player.log from a failed start, maybe you have some success in figuring out what's happening:

Player.log

Installed mods:

Spoiler

AtmosphereAutopilot (Fly-By-Wire) (AtmosphereAutopilot v1.5.16)
Better Load Save Game Renewed (BetterLoadSaveGame 2.5.2)
Breaking Ground (BreakingGround-DLC 1.5.1)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 1:0.1.10.14)
CollisionFX-ReUpdated (CollisionFXReUpdated 1.1.0)
Community Category Kit (CommunityCategoryKit 5.1.0.0)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 1.4.1.0)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.30.5)
Crowd Sourced Flags (CrowdSourcedFlags 1.55.5)
Distant Object Enhancement Continued (DistantObject v2.0.1.1)
Distant Object Enhancement Continued default config (DistantObject-default v2.0.1.1)
Docking Port Alignment Indicator (DockingPortAlignmentIndicator 6.9.1)
Easy Vessel Switch (EVS) (EasyVesselSwitch 2.1)
Engine Lighting Relit (EngineLightRelit 1.6.3)
Environmental Visual Enhancements (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements 3:1.10.1-3)
Ferram Aerospace Research Continued (FerramAerospaceResearchContinued 3:0.16.0.1)
Field Training Facility (FieldTrainingFacility 1.2.0.0)
Final Frontier (FinalFrontier 1.10.0-3485)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.13.0.0)
Kerbal Attachment System (KAS 1.7)
Kerbal Changelog (KerbalChangelog v1.3.0)
Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.7.2)
Kerbal Improved Save System (KerbalImprovedSaveSystem v2.4.2)
Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.26)
Kerbalism (Kerbalism 3.12)
Kerbalism - Default Config (Kerbalism-Config-Default 3.12)
Kerbalism Companion Calculator (KerbalismCompanionCalculator v1.3.0)
Kopernicus Bleeding Edge Beta - DEV RELEASE (Kopernicus-BE UBEE_1101_56)
KRASH - Kerbal Ramification Artifical Simulation Hub (simulation mod for KSP) (KRASH 0.5.33.2)
Making History (MakingHistory-DLC 1.10.1)
Maneuver Node Evolved (ManeuverNodeEvolved 5.0)
MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.11.0.0)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.7.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.1.4)
Parallax (Parallax 1.1.1b)
Parallax - Stock Planet Textures (Parallax-StockTextures 1.1.1b)
PlanetShine (PlanetShine 0.2.6.3)
PlanetShine - Default configuration (PlanetShine-Config-Default 0.2.6.3)
RCS Build Aid (RCSBuildAid v1.0.3)
Real Plume (RealPlume 2:v13.3.2)
Real Plume - Stock Configs (RealPlume-StockConfigs v4.0.3)
Reentry Particle Effect Renewed (ReentryParticleEffect 1.9.1.1)
ReStock (ReStock 1.2.1)
SCANsat (SCANsat v20.4)
scatterer (Scatterer 3:v0.0632)
Scatterer Default Config (Scatterer-config 3:v0.0632)
Scatterer Sunflare (Scatterer-sunflare 3:v0.0632)
SmokeScreen - Extended FX Plugin (SmokeScreen 2.8.14.0)
SpaceTux Library (SpaceTuxLibrary 0.0.4.1)
Spectra (Spectra v1.4.0)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.4)
Tracking Station Evolved (TrackingStationEvolved 6.0)
Trajectories (Trajectories v2.3.4)
Transfer Window Planner (TransferWindowPlanner v1.7.2.0)
TriggerAu Flags (TriggerAu-Flags v2.10.0.0)
Waypoint Manager (WaypointManager 2.8.2.6)
Zero MiniAVC (ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.1.0.1)

23 minutes ago, Boris-Barboris said:

that's quite an unfortunate crash, with no error or trace... not sure I'll be able to debug it.

Yea I thought as much, there's really not much in that log, and super not reproducible... My main hope was that maybe you see a mod in my list and go "a-ha, that won't work!" ;)

Edited by danbadone

My plane was flying fine in cruise mode @ 1600m now it's doing circles and dives and can't keep anything (heading or level)... nothing in the logs indicates anything went wrong, but has this happened to anyone else? Currently flies properly with SAS but, AA makes it all erratic and insists on deathspiraling to the ground. Losing patience for this game. I landed at Island Airport, fine, took off and AA doesn't work now, crashed into ocean.  :mad: Even FBW moderator wasn't acting as expected... is it because I took off again after landing?

Edited by Nitrous Oxide