[1.8.0-1.12.5] AtmosphereAutopilot 1.6.1

Boris-Barboris

Long time ago i made plane lander on K-OS. And now i see this mod. If you want, i can share my sources to help you make the same functionality. Maybe you can solve problem with need to re-adjust PIDs for each new plane design. But after all.. you already have keypoint flight. Just make some of them near the runway on landing trajectory.

I noticed that Altitude hold is absolute ASL when flying very low above highlands. A moment later and Jeb be ded! 

So yeah. It would be nice to have some kind of a checkbox failsafe like monitoring terrain altitude and not letting to descend lower than terrain altitude + some number in meters. It's not really valuable, at least for me, but just a thought.

I'm having a black-screen-on-physics-load issue that goes away when I delete AA from my GameData folder. Several tests with the mod off and with it on have confirmed AA is the issue. I can only make it manifest at the moment by reverting to launch with any ship on the launchpad, but the first time I noticed it, it happened when I first loaded a new ship. See here:

@martinezfg11 is the only other person to have said he's experiencing this issue so far, and I notice he's another user of AA. I've asked for a GameData screenshot to compare our mods, because judging by other users' success with this mod it may be a mod conflict we both have.

By the way, although I haven't really been able to use it yet, I love the look of this Autopilot and the effort you've clearly put in. I can't wait to get it working.

52 minutes ago, Volt said:

I'm having a black-screen-on-physics-load issue that goes away when I delete AA from my GameData folder. Several tests with the mod off and with it on have confirmed AA is the issue. I can only make it manifest at the moment by reverting to launch with any ship on the launchpad, but the first time I noticed it, it happened when I first loaded a new ship. See here:

@martinezfg11 is the only other person to have said he's experiencing this issue so far, and I notice he's another user of AA. I've asked for a GameData screenshot to compare our mods, because judging by other users' success with this mod it may be a mod conflict we both have.

By the way, although I haven't really been able to use it yet, I love the look of this Autopilot and the effort you've clearly put in. I can't wait to get it working.

Ditto. This autopilot and FAR revolutionised airplanes in KSP for me, I downloaded it for the 1.1 pre-release, and it initially worked amazingly, but then I started getting black screens and null-refs, and I think it is related. Again, for me it only happens sometimes, and never so far on first launch, but on either reverting a quicksave or to launch. It seems to happen both in space and atmosphere.

Please try https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23572905/KSP_Mods/AtmosphereAutopilot/AtmosphereAutopilot_1.5.2.zip

The thing that's throwing exceptions never did that in 1.05 and it has no reason to do it in 1.1. In fact, doing it so is not realy compatible with C# standard, or i'm really missing something out. Unity 5 or KSP is not really to blame here, I suppose, it's in Mono itself. I will ask other plugin devs for advice.

Try a lot of EVAing, if evrything will work fine, i'll draft this build tomorrow in the morning as bugfix one.

Edited by Boris-Barboris

Yep, that seems to have got it. Thanks for the quick fix and good luck busting that bug...

Edit: nevermind. I typed this while still in flight scene. Pressing 'revert to VAB' on my test craft (a command pod) threw another KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary and a bunch of NREs and locked my scene. You've...shifted the bug. Sorry! :P

Let me know if you need another output_log.

Edited by Volt

22 minutes ago, Volt said:

Let me know if you need another output_log.

No nonoono, found it myself, good catch, the same fundamental problem though, wich nature is mistery for me.

@Volt redownload and try it please from the same link up there (just replace dll).

Edited by Boris-Barboris

1 hour ago, Boris-Barboris said:

No nonoono, found it myself, good catch, the same fundamental problem though, wich nature is mistery for me.

@Volt redownload and try it please from the same link up there (just replace dll).

Looking good from here. Nice job.

Edit: I'm really not expecting any more right now - it's your mod - but the game currently isn't remembering any assignments of tweakables on control surfaces. All reset to 100% authority and all control directions regardless of what I set them to. This time I can't confirm it's AA doing it but yours is the only mod I have that could sensibly affect it. I shall test (since that's all I've done all day)

And edit again: I've just confirmed it's AA by removing it again and attempting to reproduce. Looks like it's now interfering with the code for control surfaces in an unfriendly way. Well... at least you've got lots to do!

Edited by Volt

30 minutes ago, Volt said:

ve just confirmed it's AA by removing it again and attempting to reproduce. Looks like it's now interfering with the code for control surfaces in an unfriendly way. Well... at least you've got lots to do!

AA uses it's own controlsurface module for stock aero. It means, that when you first install it, you need to reconfigure again control surfaces for your old crafts. After that it's all the same, it will save alright. Under FAR no custom modules are needed.

Edited by Boris-Barboris

5 minutes ago, Boris-Barboris said:

AA uses it's own controlsurface module for stock aero. It means, that when you first install it, you need to reconfigure again control surfaces for your old crafts. After that it's all the same.

Ah. Yeah. That's embarassing.

4 minutes ago, Boris-Barboris said:

No problem, thanks for your effort.

Are the surfaces in the new module supposed to ignore their set max deflection values? My elevator wants to do a massive 100% movement no matter what I set it to. In flight they act as intended but it lead to a very easy tailstrike in my long-tailed science plane. That said, in flight this is by far the best experience I've had with aircraft in KSP. So, so good. 

Edited by Volt

45 minutes ago, Volt said:

Are the surfaces in the new module supposed to ignore their set max deflection values?

They are not in new dll under that link above.

Interactive development ©

Reason of that crash is found, it's all right now, no crutches in latest build.

Edited by Boris-Barboris

It's Kerbal, it's clever, it's all-singing all-dancing. We'll allow it some... eccentricities. Thanks so much for the help today, finally getting some ground science done with my dubious aircraft.

Having a severe issue with 1.5.2 on 1.1 pre. When I turn off the master switch, I do not fully regain control over the craft again. Control surfaces work, but the throttle is stuck on some auto-mode, using thrust limiting and regulating throttle. I cannot lower the landing gear either. Even reverting to a savegame from the same flight does not help.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.