[1.8.0-1.12.5] AtmosphereAutopilot 1.6.1

Boris-Barboris

Just now, YaBoyShredderson said:

Any way to set a speed limit? As in a have free control over the speed but the autopilot will reduce/cut thrust when approaching and reaching the set ias? As opposed the speed control which locks speed to a set number?

no

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Amazing mod, really makes flying much more enjoyable.  Is it possible for the fly-by-wire system to create a speedbrake with control surfaces when the Brake AG is active?  Many modern planes with fly-by-wire such as the F18 and F35 can manipulate surfaces such as rudders (rudderons?? flapders??) and flaperons to create a uniform effective drag force, without the need for a large air brake such as on the f15 and su27.  It would be a really nice feature to have.

Edited by GKSP

2 hours ago, GKSP said:

Amazing mod, really makes flying much more enjoyable.  Is it possible for the fly-by-wire system to create a speedbrake with control surfaces when the Brake AG is active?  Many modern planes with fly-by-wire such as the F18 and F35 can manipulate surfaces such as rudders (rudderons?? flapders??) and flaperons to create a uniform effective drag force, without the need for a large air brake such as on the f15 and su27.  It would be a really nice feature to have.

This may not be what you're asking for, but I think you can apply the flap/spoiler deploy to the brake action group, yeah? A control surface can do double duty as a rudder and also a spoiler, etc.

1 hour ago, Beetlecat said:

This may not be what you're asking for, but I think you can apply the flap/spoiler deploy to the brake action group, yeah? A control surface can do double duty as a rudder and also a spoiler, etc.

That's what I ended up doing.  I was hoping for something computer balanced so I wouldn't get sudden pitching, but it works well enough with the fly-by-wire correction.

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't mind a feature request, and no pressure, but could we get options to adjust FBW settings depending on atmosphere and/or dynamic pressure? For example, at a certain atmosphere density or dynamic pressure, moderate AOA is on, and it turns off at lower density, and then FBW turns off entirely when out of the atmosphere?

6 hours ago, dlrk said:

If you don't mind a feature request, and no pressure, but could we get options to adjust FBW settings depending on atmosphere and/or dynamic pressure? For example, at a certain atmosphere density or dynamic pressure, moderate AOA is on, and it turns off at lower density, and then FBW turns off entirely when out of the atmosphere?

moder_cutoff_ias property in pitch's angvel controller UI is instrumental velocity (proportional to square root of dyn pressure) below wich AoA and G moderation is disabled, you can modify it. Out of atmosphere thing: I'm sure you'll be fine just disabling it on your own.

30 minutes ago, Galland1998 said:

Is there a way to get AA to command a constant speed climb or descent?  When you fly a plane for real, a lot of times you will set a power setting and then control the speed via pitch control.

Not directly, but you can set both the rate of climb/descent and maintain a speed with power and you can limit the maximum pitch angle.  (All these things, no doubt you've already found.)

I do believe that maintaining speed, when it is dialed in, is a priority for AA and it will curtail the climb rate in favor; but not the reverse on descent.  And this is still probably not exactly what you want.

(I don't feel I've ever suffered for not having exactly what you specify, though.)

Edited by Hotel26

34 minutes ago, Galland1998 said:

yeah that is what I figured.  It would be a nice feature though since using pitch to control the speed is a pretty normal way to fly an aircraft for real.  Especially in climbs to a cruise altitude and on the arrival to your destination 

So I have lately been thinking about a Cruise Climb concept.

By hand, the way I fly this, to get an aircraft to the highest/fastest altitude it can maintain -- therefore, with low drag, meaning the nose is within a degree or so of prograde -- means I set the altitude for a known figure that the aircraft has plenty of power to go to unaided; once there, then tune the climb via climb rate.  I pin AeroGUI open to watch what it reports as AoA (which is of the craft body, in this case).  (Actually, these days, I just have Pitch in the KER HUD and fly that.)

The strategy is to increase the climb rate when AoA is negative to get it near zero.  As you climb higher, AoA will tend to climb higher and this is an indicator to reduce the climb rate, (sometimes by decrements into the decimals).  One keeps increasing altitude and hopefully speed by keeping the AoA within the 1-degree zone.  Eventually, the climb rate will be reduced near enough to zero that you might as well conclude you are at optimum cruise altitude.

This exercise is essential at airplane design time, but then it is still necessary often to get the plane to cruise in normal flight.  For shorter flights, you don't need to go so high, but for the longer ones, it can make an incredible difference to your range and is therefore very well worthwhile.  Just a bit pains-taking.  It would really be a benefit to just hit Cruise Climb and let a PID controller do the job even if it took 10-15m.

For the descents, I either do a quick calculation of desired descent rate or aim at (or below) a target at the destination (Fly-By-Wire); and, in either case, set a speed on the bug to control power.

Edited by Hotel26

@Boris-Barboris Hey, I am having a problem with Atmosphere Autopilot when launching KSP. The game stops loading at some point, and the last lines in the log show this:

[LOG 11:27:56.945] [FAR v0.16.0.2] debug: Parsed GuiColors.CdColor = RGBA(1.000, 0.000, 0.000, 1.000)
[LOG 11:27:56.945] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'nflv-engine-rd701-1' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.945] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'nflv-engine-rd704-1' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.945] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'nflv-engine-rs84-1' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.946] [FAR v0.16.0.2] debug: Parsed GuiColors.CmColor = RGBA(1.000, 0.922, 0.016, 1.000)
[LOG 11:27:56.946] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'nflv-engine-rutherford-1' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.946] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'nflv-engine-rutherford-vac-1' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.946] [FAR v0.16.0.2] debug: Parsed GuiColors.L_DColor = RGBA(0.000, 1.000, 0.000, 1.000)
[LOG 11:27:56.946] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'nflv-engine-stbe-kero-1' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.946] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'nflv-engine-tr107-1' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.946] [FAR v0.16.0.2] debug: Parsed Debug.logLevel = Info
[LOG 11:27:56.946] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'orbital-engine-0625' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.946] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'orbital-engine-125' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.946] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'orbital-engine-25' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.946] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'orbital-engine-375' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'turboJet' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'turboFanEngine' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'smallRadialEngine' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'smallRadialEngine_v2' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'liquidEngineMini' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'liquidEngineMini_v2' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'radialEngineMini' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'radialEngineMini_v2' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'liquidEngine3' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'liquidEngine3_v2' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'liquidEngine2' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'liquidEngine1-2' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'liquidEngineMainsail_v2' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'radialLiquidEngine1-2' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'liquidEngine2-2' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'liquidEngine2-2_v2' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'engineLargeSkipper' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'engineLargeSkipper_v2' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'SSME' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'omsEngine' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'RAPIER' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it

The game doesn't crash, it just freezes mid-loading. Removing Atmosphere Autopilot or FAR from GameData seems to fix it.

Full mod list: https://i.imgur.com/meHFdS9.png

Any ideas what could be causing this?

1 minute ago, Boris-Barboris said:

Sorry, no idea. Try installing AA a couple game launches after FAR install.

Yes, I noticed that this usually fixes it - but only temporary (for one game launch). Then I have to re-launch the game without AA 2 or 3 times to get one good launch with AA... Very inconvenient :/

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2019 at 9:03 AM, Morse said:

@Boris-Barboris I guess it'll take some time for squad to fix things. In the meantime you can try the quick-and-dirty fix that I just made. Didn't test it though, but it does seem to at least not make things worse :)

In the archive are both sources and a compiled dll.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1urH693pKZDQhiIQn9Gf5VCE0D7QKqSI0

This link is busted, but the fix is still needed - does anyone have a copy?

EDIT: The version in CKAN doesn't auto-install the upgrade script DLL fix, but it's still there. Manually fixed.

Edited by jediKatana

On 5/29/2021 at 12:52 AM, jediKatana said:

This link is busted, but the fix is still needed - does anyone have a copy?

EDIT: The version in CKAN doesn't auto-install the upgrade script DLL fix, but it's still there. Manually fixed.

Since Forum rules demands that the source code must be available, I preemptively created a github repo for it. Google Drive is definitively a terrible choice for distributing software. :) 

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksph/KSPUpgradeScriptFix

On 5/19/2021 at 11:39 AM, aluc24 said:

@Boris-Barboris Hey, I am having a problem with Atmosphere Autopilot when launching KSP. The game stops loading at some point, and the last lines in the log show this:

[LOG 11:27:56.945] [FAR v0.16.0.2] debug: Parsed GuiColors.CdColor = RGBA(1.000, 0.000, 0.000, 1.000)
[LOG 11:27:56.945] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'nflv-engine-rd701-1' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.945] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'nflv-engine-rd704-1' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.945] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'nflv-engine-rs84-1' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.946] [FAR v0.16.0.2] debug: Parsed GuiColors.CmColor = RGBA(1.000, 0.922, 0.016, 1.000)
[LOG 11:27:56.946] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'nflv-engine-rutherford-1' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.946] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'nflv-engine-rutherford-vac-1' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.946] [FAR v0.16.0.2] debug: Parsed GuiColors.L_DColor = RGBA(0.000, 1.000, 0.000, 1.000)
[LOG 11:27:56.946] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'nflv-engine-stbe-kero-1' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.946] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'nflv-engine-tr107-1' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.946] [FAR v0.16.0.2] debug: Parsed Debug.logLevel = Info
[LOG 11:27:56.946] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'orbital-engine-0625' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.946] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'orbital-engine-125' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.946] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'orbital-engine-25' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.946] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'orbital-engine-375' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'turboJet' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'turboFanEngine' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'smallRadialEngine' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'smallRadialEngine_v2' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'liquidEngineMini' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'liquidEngineMini_v2' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'radialEngineMini' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'radialEngineMini_v2' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'liquidEngine3' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'liquidEngine3_v2' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'liquidEngine2' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'liquidEngine1-2' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'liquidEngineMainsail_v2' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'radialLiquidEngine1-2' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'liquidEngine2-2' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'liquidEngine2-2_v2' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'engineLargeSkipper' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'engineLargeSkipper_v2' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'SSME' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'omsEngine' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:27:56.947] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'RAPIER' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it

The game doesn't crash, it just freezes mid-loading. Removing Atmosphere Autopilot or FAR from GameData seems to fix it.

Full mod list: https://i.imgur.com/meHFdS9.png

Any ideas what could be causing this?

I was actually waiting for this to surface. I had the same error. But my version of AA is modified, so I was not sure whether it was just me. The problem is that the fix is non-trivial, it involves the GimbalRearranger. The idea for loaders is that the StartLoad() finishes quickly, and just starts a coroutine that does the heavy lifting. The coroutine should also yield regularly, so that the screen does not freeze. GimbalRearranger just does everything synchronously in the main thread, which, apparently, unity have an issue with. If the method takes too long - everything hangs forever. The trick is to know how long is "too long". My guess is that it has something to do with the framerate. Long story short, StartLoad() should StartCoroutine(), everything else should go inside that coroutine, yield return null should be inside the loops in coroutines to not stutter the framerate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Archan79 said:

I think there is small Problem in Changelog on Spacedock:

unknown.png

What you see is Specedock's notification about me stating that old 1.5.16 (that was created to tackle KSP 1.8.0) still works under KSP 1.12.1

There is no new release.

On 6/18/2021 at 5:47 AM, Richard Liu said:

Have anyone seen this problem? My AA doesn't work.

I downloaded the 1.5.16 version of the mod from spacedock, unziped the .zip and put all the contents in the GameData folder. But the P or Shift+P can't trigger anything. 

Yeah, I'm having the same issue here