[1.8.0-1.12.5] AtmosphereAutopilot 1.6.1

Boris-Barboris

9 hours ago, Jognt said:

Are trying to fly with both AA and SAS

I’ve had planes “go crazy” with AA before too, but I think that was caused by SAS because I was too used to turning it on. 

Other than that, works fine with SAS off. I can circle Kerbin in a minute with 16x time warp and 1500-1600m/s speed at 20k with no issues :D

Yea I have made sure that SAS is off, and it worked flawlessly on 1.3 I just can't get it to work with 1.4

1 hour ago, TScott said:

How much of the log and what screen screenshots do you want?

Load game, reproduce problem, pause game - full log file.
Screenshots of the situation when you have this problem, with AA windows Open. Flight Model AA window is very important, make sure it is visible.

2 hours ago, Boris-Barboris said:

Load game, reproduce problem, pause game - full log file.
Screenshots of the situation when you have this problem, with AA windows Open. Flight Model AA window is very important, make sure it is visible.

Hey I got it to work. There were a couple of ModuleManager files that I failed to transfer from the old version. I am not entirely sure what they do or how they are related to this mod in specific, but it worked. Thanks so much for the quick reply. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, it's 1.4.x compatible.

Side note for whoever takes up the maintenance and expansion of this mod... It does NOT like tilt rotors. Not one bit. Get below a certain speed and it just starts weirding out, especially with the thrust axis not in the "normal" direction (i.e. aligned with the vehicle axis)...

On 4/24/2018 at 6:24 PM, MaverickSawyer said:

Yeah, it's 1.4.x compatible.

Side note for whoever takes up the maintenance and expansion of this mod... It does NOT like tilt rotors. Not one bit. Get below a certain speed and it just starts weirding out, especially with the thrust axis not in the "normal" direction (i.e. aligned with the vehicle axis)...

There's a different autopilot system that can help with slower flight with multi-engines: Throttle Controlled Avionics -- hope you're know about this one! :D

26 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

There's a different autopilot system that can help with slower flight with multi-engines: Throttle Controlled Avionics -- hope you're know about this one! :D

I've given it a go... it doesn't seem to like me for some reason. :/ 

• 4 weeks later...

AA has become indispensable for me.  Thanks a bunch!

In case, it's already been mentioned, I'd like to second, or otherwise make, the following proposal about waypoint selection:

The first time you select a waypoint for an aircraft, you have to go via the Map view.  After that, though, you can just type in the coords directly.

I'd prefer, the first time, to just type in my coords and then activate Waypoint because I specifically use AA waypoint to fly directly to a precisely-known location.  As it is, I have to go through Pick on Map view and then immediately afterward overwrite the coords.

I really only want to go to the Map view if I click Pick...  would you accept a Pull request for something like this?

Edited by Hotel26

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Mathrilord said:

Is there a way to make control surface not reset when install or uninstall atmosphere autopilot?

Batch-editing save files and vessel designs using text processing utilities.

Windows Powershell should look something like (for the case when you have just uninstalled AA and didn't launch the game yet):

$saves = Get-ChildItem -Recurse "C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\saves" -include *.sfs,*.craft
ForEach ($file In $saves) {
    $file.toString()
    (Get-Content $file) | Foreach-Object {$_ -replace 'SyncModuleControlSurface', 'ModuleControlSurface'}  |  Out-File $file
}

Paste this code to some file, for example aa.ps1, insert your particular path to KSP in the first line and swap SyncModule... and ModuleControl... if you are installing AA instead of uninstalling. Run powershell, go to directory where you have the script and launch it by typing ".\aa.ps1" (without quotes).

If you're on Linux, I'm sure you'll cope with the task on your own.

upd: and you can restrict it to only one save by specifying it in the first line, like "...\saves\MySave"

Edited by Boris-Barboris

• 2 months later...

I built a new fighter-boomer today, and before i dropped ten booms(BDAc), the auto pilot's standard fly-by-wire function worked great.  However, after i dropped the heavy booms and some missiles------which makes the mass center differs a lot from the take-off position-------the standard fly-by-wire function began to fail to control everything, even when i tried to maintain level flight under 400m/s without giving any AOA, the plane lost control and crash.

Also, when I have some control surfaces on the front edge of the wings, the standard fly-by-wire function could lost contrl, maybe it make some mistakes about the differences between leading edge flaps and normal flaps.

Is there any data i can adjust in the GUI setting to solve these two problem? Or is there any other method? Thx~

3 minutes ago, 1836440339 said:

I built a new fighter-boomer today, and before i dropped ten booms(BDAc), the auto pilot's standard fly-by-wire function worked great.  However, after i dropped the heavy booms and some missiles------which makes the mass center differs a lot from the take-off position-------the standard fly-by-wire function began to fail to control everything, even when i tried to maintain level flight under 400m/s without giving any AOA, the plane lost control and crash.

Also, when I have some control surfaces on the front edge of the wings, the standard fly-by-wire function could lost contrl, maybe it make some mistakes about the differences between leading edge flaps and normal flaps.

Is there any data i can adjust in the GUI setting to solve these two problem? Or is there any other method? Thx~

Both problems sound like craft that is too unstable. Try reducing com shift after munition dispatch and generally move com backwards. No, there is no gui option to advise with the information you've given.

Hey, I'm having a bit of a small issue. My cargo plane has issues turning when changing heading or setting a way point that's not in the current travelling direction.

It's not there when the plane has no cargo, but when I add cargo (8-30 tons) it starts to have the issues above. If I manually fly it there are no issues at all. Is there any ways to "calibrate" it? The load is held in place with KAS as it's rovers, containers and such which is not a part of the plane, just fastened using wires from KAS.

Love the mod!

Cheers.

10 hours ago, SilverWolf said:

Is this compatible with 145?  I'm having some trouble in that department, despite a clean install.

As always, throw in some logs.

upd: make sure you have installed ModuleManager

Edited by Boris-Barboris

One of the recent patches broke gimbal module rearrangement, so gimbals are once again tap-delayed one frame relative to player and autopilot input. This will cause oscillations under AA control. I'll see what I can do.

Edited by Boris-Barboris

1.5.11:    https://github.com/Boris-Barboris/AtmosphereAutopilot/releases/tag/v1.5.11

• Gimbal fix
  • @Hotel26 made cruise controller waypoint control textual (coordinates), mouse picking now has a button.
  • director strength is now part of craft settings window. @SkyKaptn Pepperidge farm remembers.

5 hours ago, Boris-Barboris said:

made cruise controller waypoint control textual (coordinates), mouse picking now has a button.

Thank you much for integrating this!  To clarify. first use of Waypoint used to cause a Pick operation.  After that you could manually enter coordinates for a new target, rather than using the Pick button for a subsequent target.  This edit simply makes it possible to enter specific (decimal) coordinates the first time and then activate the Waypoint without a Pick operation.

Edited by Hotel26