[1.8.0-1.12.5] AtmosphereAutopilot 1.6.1

Boris-Barboris

2 hours ago, kmsheesh said:

hello, enabling this mod through ckan makes the tutorial mission ( go for orbit ) impossible to start and just get back to main menu without launching

In general don't use mods for the tutorial missions. 

How have I never seen this before?  Just started playing around with it and the "standard fly-by-wire" mode is literally all I ever wanted for my planes.  Looks like it does a few other cool things too so I'll have to check that out, but I'm really impressed so far!  It feels nice to fly without constantly fidgeting with things.

• 2 weeks later...

Boris I just wanted to say thank you for creating such a wonderful mod. I use this consistently on reentry for my orbiters, as while the can fly stock, your mod makes the experience far more enjoyable and safe. Props to the greatest Fly-by-wire in KSP :D

Edited by HafCoJoe

Is it possible to toggle between FBW and CF via a hotkey? I'd love to be able to quickly toggle between standard Fly-By-Wire, and 90-degree heading control as it helps a lot with flying spaceplanes

Edited by HafCoJoe

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/22/2022 at 11:43 AM, AntiAirCannon23 said:

Hello! I came here to report issues pertaining to internal bays, as after emptying the payload, the craft augmented by Atmosphere Autopilot suddenly just jerks downwards and I lose control, is there a fix to this?

I'm afraid not, AA will be jerky right after the craft changes significantly. Lose control... are you sure the craft is stable without the cargo?

Hello, first time posting here. Would like to start by saying I love the mod, I've been using it for years now and it's amazing, especially as someone who just uses ksp to build and fly jets. Recently I've started having an issue with the cruise flight controller, standard fly by wire still works as usual. Instead of behaving like it normally would (adjusting heading and altitude to reach the desired course), it will now either only attempt to adjust altitude (poorly, often it will just remain at a positive or negative vertical velocity) or do nothing. If I leave it to just control altitude instead of altitude and heading, it usually does better, but will still sometimes not work at all. The only change I've made to ksp recently is a bunch key binds because I upgraded from a logitech extreme 3d pro to a thrustmaster t16000m, I thought It might be the fact it is now two controller inputs but I tried flying with no joystick and no throttle and cruise still behaved in the same way. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the mod and it is still behaving in the same way. Only thing I haven't done (that I can think of) is plug the 3d pro back in to see if it works with that, but I'm assuming since it wasn't working with no joystick, it probably wouldn't work with a different joystick. Any help would be appreciated, not sure what the problem could be. 

I'm afraid I can't help you, guys. AAP is flawed, it can be better. In both of your cases it may just be incompatible with your craft or what you're trying to achieve. I can only suggest to switch to FBW mode temporarily, at it may well re-adapt and start performing well in Cruise mode again.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Theesteban 667 said:

hello, I have a problem with the mod, from one moment to the next it stopped working, although I activate the different flight systems, they do nothing, I'm playing on 1.12.3, what information can I give you to get help?

A screenshot of it not working and Log file would help.

3 hours ago, snkiz said:

@Boris-Barboris weren't you trying to find a new home for this a few years back? Still hanging in there eh? You are a legend my friend. I just want to say thank you before things get crazy nexxt month.

Haha, thanks). Yeah, better be me than no-one at all. Oh, I believe the next month will be quite chill, people will be quite busy in the vacuum-related content.

On 1/31/2023 at 4:34 AM, Boris-Barboris said:

A screenshot of it not working and Log file would help.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_oIojfWSrOaBJDtPeTn4vf_azxS1R9PA/view?usp=sharing 
Here is the log, apart from that I discovered that it only happens when a plane lands and I try to fly it again, you should reload a previous game when it is solved but it is rare
J9ytCwa.png

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Theesteban 667 said:

Hi, how is the bug fix going? any ideas?

Looks like a mod conflict tbh, there are symptoms in the log:

Spoiler
[AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'hlfSrf' config node contains ModuleControlSurface, replacing it 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

[AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'migfin' config node contains ModuleControlSurface, replacing it 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

[AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'warhawkfin' config node contains ModuleControlSurface, replacing it 

[AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'roundwinglet' config node contains ModuleControlSurface, replacing it 

[AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'elevon2b' config node contains ModuleControlSurface, replacing it 

[AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'M2X_FuselageLiftFan' config node contains ModuleControlSurface, replacing it 

[AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'M2X_LiftFan' config node contains ModuleControlSurface, replacing it 

[AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'M2X_HeavyVTOL' config node contains ModuleControlSurface, replacing it 

[AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'M3X_HeavyVTOL' config node contains ModuleControlSurface, replacing it 

[AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'opt_vtol_jumpa2' config node contains ModuleControlSurface, replacing it 

[AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'opt_vtol_jumpa1' config node contains ModuleControlSurface, replacing it 

[AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'opt_vtol_bubble1' config node contains ModuleControlSurface, replacing it 

[AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'opt_vtol_egg' config node contains ModuleControlSurface, replacing it 

[AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'opt_vtol_heli1' config node contains ModuleControlSurface, replacing it 

The parts in this list don't properly support FAR.

Also, did you try switching AA off and on after the takeoff? A screenshot of a FlightModel UI window during the bug (opened from AA icon in mod sidebar) would help as well.

On 2/15/2023 at 12:54 AM, Boris-Barboris said:

Looks like a mod conflict tbh, there are symptoms in the log:

Reveal hidden contents
[AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'hlfSrf' config node contains ModuleControlSurface, replacing it 

[AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'migfin' config node contains ModuleControlSurface, replacing it 

[AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'warhawkfin' config node contains ModuleControlSurface, replacing it 

[AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'roundwinglet' config node contains ModuleControlSurface, replacing it 

[AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'elevon2b' config node contains ModuleControlSurface, replacing it 

[AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'M2X_FuselageLiftFan' config node contains ModuleControlSurface, replacing it 

[AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'M2X_LiftFan' config node contains ModuleControlSurface, replacing it 

[AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'M2X_HeavyVTOL' config node contains ModuleControlSurface, replacing it 

[AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'M3X_HeavyVTOL' config node contains ModuleControlSurface, replacing it 

[AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'opt_vtol_jumpa2' config node contains ModuleControlSurface, replacing it 

[AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'opt_vtol_jumpa1' config node contains ModuleControlSurface, replacing it 

[AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'opt_vtol_bubble1' config node contains ModuleControlSurface, replacing it 

[AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'opt_vtol_egg' config node contains ModuleControlSurface, replacing it 

[AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'opt_vtol_heli1' config node contains ModuleControlSurface, replacing it 

The parts in this list don't properly support FAR.

Also, did you try switching AA off and on after the takeoff? A screenshot of a FlightModel UI window during the bug (opened from AA icon in mod sidebar) would help as well.

If you try to restart AA, even the complete game.
Could I explain what the flight model is?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.