[1.0.5] The RAT Pack - Ram Air Turbines, Thrust Reversers, Terrain Warning System (0.30)

satnet

28 minutes ago, JeffreyCor said:

Intellectual property law, abandonment of the property terminates the rights of the license holder.

Can you prove it's been abandoned? 

All we know is that he isn't around and isn't responding, but no proof it's been abandoned.

Also, are you a lawyer?

On 4/11/2018 at 12:38 AM, JeffreyCor said:

Given the totality of circumstances there is a strong case for abandonment to apply.

I would suspect, since I'm not a lawyer, that abandonment probably has have a certain amount of time period a year or 2 years would not be enough time in anybody's consideration to be considered abandoned.

19 hours ago, guesswho2778 said:

what does this mean?

It means absolutely nothing. I cannot touch this and strongly advise no one else to touch it either, except for their own use. The license allows you to do it for yourself but not to give it out to anybody else.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Not YET, sitting for the Bar in July and IP was an elective when obtaining my JD and also maintain a blog explaining general legal concepts. There is no set time for abandonment, it is taking as a totality of circumstances as one is not permitted to horde IP. Given the length of time, no action in any way on the part of the holder, stating looking for a maintainer and requesting those interested to contact but not checking back since 1 month after such statement, and specific statement of abandoning another.

Anyone that is interested I strongly recommend TO consult an active attorney, which would most likely be free especially from all that I know, as the license does not allow for work to be retained without activity to maintain or defend such property.

Edited by JeffreyCor

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.