[1.3.1] Docking camera (KURS) (14.feb.18)

DennyTX

This looks like an awesome mod, I reaaaally need this on my life but for some reason the camera screen does not pop up when docking, do you have to enable it with some key or something?

Anyway cool mod :)

yup, you gotta to activate it manyally on docking node. look at cottabos video.

i have tryed auto popup when vessels become close than 200 m to each other, but such automatization has been found really annoying by testers, and has been removed

If you are looking at adding additional functionality or another camera part, even a static one, I would appreciate having a 'clean' GUI window with no buttons or toggles at all within it just pure camera view. Also, having this at a 600x600 resolution would be fantastic - or else at a step at say 560, 600, 640 resolution.

I believe that something like this would benefit cinematic creators.

Thanks again for your work on this!

Peace.

Suggestion: be able to turn on the camera without designating a target. No alignment indicators, until you designate a target.

Also, the option to turn off alignment indicators altogether. I rarely, if ever, need or use alignment indicators when docking, but just the camera view itself is really useful.

Thanks for this mod, I've really missed the Lazor system docking cam...

Minor request, could click through of the camera window be disabled or at least the default first open location be changed to below the mission timer. Couple times now I've accidentally thrown my self into a time warp because I wanted to move the window to a better position and the mouse click went through the cam window below to the time warp selector. I realize the whole window can be clicked and used to drag it somewhere but its a habit to click the title bar like one would do in windows... and end up in a 10000x time warp.:0.0:

[B]v 1.4 is up.
[/B]
1. The target beam scanning with its own scientific experiment has been added. It triggered when certain conditions met. Namely - the need to focus the camera at the subject (chosen target) and irradiate it. If the range (set in CFG) are within a given (it accordingly may require a rapprochement with the object) - will be carried out the experiment. if the conditions are not met - will not. The experiment has a limit of (4 times) and consumes resources (configurable in CFG). Further development - something to do with the system of contracts that can be ordered reconnaissance flights.
2. Saving screenshots has been added. It will be collected in a separate directory that is bound to the name of the game, with the time mark in the name. I think about video recording, but so far only with the external library. However, still not sure it needed.
3. Additional zoom modes has been added. Optical zoom can be increase with coeff 10, as well as wide-angle camera mode.
4. Target's tags has been added.
5. Toggles for all interface elements has been added. Can be made by switchable toggles or through CFG.
6. Helper cross in docking camera now support two modes of operation. First - my mode, second - duplicates the work of DockingPortAligmentIndicator.
7. The initial window size can now be set through the CFG. Ie no longer necessary to have only default 256 points ( can be supplied, for example - 500, and then the following steps will change the scale coefficients to 1.5 and 2 (ie, get 750 and 1000 respectively).
8. A lot of small fixes. Such as following: the new camera window will not overlap the time scale. Cameras informs about broadcast (useful, if the camera is turned at the currently inactive ship). Button for window close. Rebuild for 1.05.

[quote name='DennyTX'][B]v 1.4 is up.[/B][/QUOTE]
Fantastic![quote name='DennyTX']2. Saving screenshots has been added. It will be collected in a separate directory that is bound to the name of the game, with the time mark in the name. I think about video recording, but so far only with the external library. However, still not sure it needed.[/QUOTE]
Hadn't thought this was an option! Video would be amazing! It would depend on the impact on performance though, especially if you wanted to record two or three videos at the same time.

[quote name='DennyTX']7. The initial window size can now be set through the CFG. Ie no longer necessary to have only default 256 points ( can be supplied, for example - 500, and then the following steps will change the scale coefficients to 1.5 and 2 (ie, get 750 and 1000 respectively).[/QUOTE]
[B]THIS IS AWESOME![/B] Thank you!

There is a performance and lag hit. I'm not sure why or how - I suspect that the GUI window is a RAM hog (had 1 crash with it, not uncommon anyway) and it improved when I dropped Scatterer, and more when I reduced the physics fame limit.

Also, I'm assuming its intentional that the GUI windows don't work in the Map view?

Again, thanks for the update!

Peace.

[quote name='theJesuit']
Also, I'm assuming its intentional that the GUI windows don't work in the Map view?
[/QUOTE]

yup. temporary disabled there because of some incompability

[quote name='smaalle']Where do i find that additional camera?
Olny the dockingports have cameras build in, but i cant find the other camera.[/QUOTE]

must be in "control", after researching "engeneering101"

Made this little MM to add this mod to all docking ports [code]@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode],!MODULE[DockingCameraModule]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = DockingCameraModule
allowedDistance = 1000
nightVisionArgs = 0.5,0.7,0.5,0.5
targetCrossColor = 0.9,0.0,0.0,1.0
targetCrossColorOLDD = 0.0,0.0,0.9,1.0
noise = true
}
} [/code]

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='smaalle']Where do i find that additional camera?
Olny the dockingports have cameras build in, but i cant find the other camera.[/QUOTE]

Had the same problem then seen the path so check it the install path should be KSP/GameData/OLDD

[quote name='MeCripp']Made this little MM to add this mod to all docking ports [code]@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode],!MODULE[DockingCameraModule]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
allowedDistance = 1000
noise = true
}
} [/code]

Had the same problem then seen the path so check it the install path should be KSP/GameData/OLDD[/QUOTE]

d'oh! Sniped! I just "wrote" that patch as well, less the :Final. This was bugging me too. Enjoying the mod all the same, adds a good deal of immersion!

[quote name='MeCripp']Made this little MM to add this mod to all docking ports [code]@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode],!MODULE[DockingCameraModule]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
allowedDistance = 1000
noise = true
}
} [/code]

Had the same problem then seen the path so check it the install path should be KSP/GameData/OLDD[/QUOTE]

I added this .cfg, and its being skipped during loading.
Its actually the 3rd line in my KSP.log:

[B][WRN 03:52:56.663] Config in file 'F:\KSP\Windows\KSP v1.0.5\KSP_win\GameData\OLDD\DockingCam\Docking Camera KURS All Docking Ports.cfg' contains an unnamed node. Skipping.[/B]

(and yes, I've installed OLDD to /Gamedata...)

[quote name='Stone Blue']I added this .cfg, and its being skipped during loading.
Its actually the 3rd line in my KSP.log:

[B][WRN 03:52:56.663] Config in file 'F:\KSP\Windows\KSP v1.0.5\KSP_win\GameData\OLDD\DockingCam\Docking Camera KURS All Docking Ports.cfg' contains an unnamed node. Skipping.[/B]

(and yes, I've installed OLDD to /Gamedata...)[/QUOTE]

I'll check my log, but with that 'same' patch, it does apply the camera to the rest of my docking ports. I'm not doubting you, but did it still work in game? Unity is... cryptic when reading their logs sometimes :(

I may or may not have done something wrong, but docking camera doesn't seem to work as seen in the video.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/iaSt3kK.png[/IMG]
I don't have any button to click, target is set, vessel is controlled from docking port.
External camera works fine though.

if was working properly you should see "Camera off", with a button to turn it on, in the docking port context menu.

it may or may not make a difference, but if you've installed from CKAN, the line

[CODE]model = OLDD/DockingCam/OnboardCamera[/CODE]

in OnboardCamera.cfg should be changed to

[CODE]model = DockingCam/OnboardCamera[/CODE]

otherwise the camera model (not the one automatically added to docking ports) won't be placeable in the VAB.

Well I swear I tried and read quite a lot of things abd still cant make it work, so my last fail was trying to install the mod on a folder named differently, now I put it on OLDD adn the camera appears on the VAB, but no option available for the docking ports when right clicking :( am I missing something?

On 11/27/2015, 2:25:56, sieve said:

Well I swear I tried and read quite a lot of things abd still cant make it work, so my last fail was trying to install the mod on a folder named differently, now I put it on OLDD adn the camera appears on the VAB, but no option available for the docking ports when right clicking :( am I missing something?

Did you target a docking port that you want to dock too and then click on the docking port on the ship your controlling and turn camera on ?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.