[1.3.1] Docking camera (KURS) (14.feb.18)

DennyTX

Yup,

How true, how true.

I must have 20 to 30 broken windshields by now and starting to run out of duct tape to repair.

And almost lost Val when she tried to stick her head out the window to see better for docking.  Damn near didn't get her back in.... Whew.

going to start getting ugly real soon.

Cheers,.

Just in case someone else is in the same predicament as I was....

I am now able to regain control of ships that used parts from the KURS mod.

Download the docking camera mod and unzip and copy it to the gamedata folder. 

Now go into \gamedata\OLDD   and delete dockingcamera.dll,  dockingcamera.version,  dockingcameraassets, docking camera.png, sciencedef.cfg  and config.xml

Run the game, you should now be able to load vessels that were erroring.

I did not test to ascertain if I could delete fewer files or more files and still be able to access the ships in flight.  I'm just happy I can continue with the minmus mission.

This does not fix the docking camera, but it at least allow you to load ships and work around the missing part issue..

On 6/18/2017 at 11:12 PM, DaveLChgo said:

We here at mission control regret to inform you that on Jun 1st, we have lost contact with the Minmus Lander Mission.  

Approximately one week after the crew made its successful landing, all telemetry has ceased. 

We believe the Science Lander (pictured left) along with its two Rover vehicles (not pictured) must have experienced some sort of catastrophic failure with one or more of its systems.  

The last transmission from the mission was an automated alert....

Vessel Loading Error

Vessel Minmus Lander Mk Ia was not loaded because it had the following parts missing:

OnboardCamera

While we know that a camera isn't a critical part of the ship like an airdock would be, we can only guess that the camera software must have interfered with the main system after the main system received an automated update to version 1.3.

If this failure of the main systems occurred during a hop while the lander was in flight one could only hope that the crew was able to land safely.  The fate of its crew of 10, along with the 4 tourists are currently unknown.

The staff here at mission control have reinstalled version 1.2 successfully hoping that it would restore communications.  But it was to no avail, all attempts have met with negative results

We can only hope the software engineers can quickly resolve the issue between the onboardcamera software and version 1.3.  And pray that the Minmus Lander crew is alive and well.

This is the best bug report I've ever seen.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2017 at 1:49 AM, DaveLChgo said:

Just in case someone else is in the same predicament as I was....

I am now able to regain control of ships that used parts from the KURS mod.

Download the docking camera mod and unzip and copy it to the gamedata folder. 

Now go into \gamedata\OLDD   and delete dockingcamera.dll,  dockingcamera.version,  dockingcameraassets, docking camera.png, sciencedef.cfg  and config.xml

Run the game, you should now be able to load vessels that were erroring.

I did not test to ascertain if I could delete fewer files or more files and still be able to access the ships in flight.  I'm just happy I can continue with the minmus mission.

This does not fix the docking camera, but it at least allow you to load ships and work around the missing part issue..

The only file you need to delete is the dll.  The .version wont hurt, but AVC will report it as out of date, not a bad idea to remind yourself about it 

1 hour ago, Oinker said:

I never liked the aesthetics of Docking Alignment Indicator and just went without after the Lazor docking died. But this mod recreated that realistic camera look. Thanks, Denny.

All of the graphics for DPAI are in the folder and it's easy to modify them.   If you look at this video, and ignore what I'm actually trying to SHOW you in the video (which is the IVA prop) you can see that I'd replaced the background and frame images on DPAI with something totally transparent, so I just get the needles floating in empty space.  Depending on your skill level you could make the DPAI aesthetic anything you want!   - 

Also....  hmmm.  Those were kind of cool IVA props.  I really ought to clean them up and make them available without the ship I'm not maintaining any more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I, too, miss this mod. Miss it a lot. ;.;
I'm making do with other mods, but it's not quite the same.
Hullcam VDS Continued has crude a crosshair, but not the many useful dials.
Augmented Reality Docking revived is very helpful, but not quite it. Even with docking port settings dialed up to full with Tweakable Everything, half the time, first contact is still a bounce. Gentle, haven't broken stuff so far, but not capture on first try. Even with the magnets at stock settings, the Docking Camera would let me do that.

I had previously tried the docking port cameras that Hullcam gives me. I only saw the crude crosshair and was unimpressed.
Just now, though, I switched on the camera when the two ships were but a few meters apart. And what do you know. The very speed indicators, the lovely little dials, that I had been missing. Perfect docking.

Indeed, having that in a window while being able to see it all from the outside would be perfection. But I must apologize, I stand corrected, those little dials are there, they are.

Danny hasn't been around for about a month. That's not enough time for me to consider adopting the mud. However, I am keeping my eye on this.

Just an FYI for everyone, the code on GitHub is not the latest, it doesn't match what's on spacedock.

This will make the job of potentially Reviving this mod and updating it to 1.3 that much more difficult since Denny seems to have decided to ignore the requirements of squad.

Testing the upload from linuxgurugamer  as well.

Keeping fingers crossed and will post back the results.

UPDATE:

Everything seems to work just fine on my 64bit v1.3 with the tweeked? updated? modified mod?

Not sure what to call it.

Thanks linuxgurugamer.    Hopefully Denny is doing well.  We all have our own lives and sometimes life takes priority over Kerbal. 

But only sometimes.

Edited by DaveLChgo
Update

Tested it in my 1.3 modded install.  Worked OK for what I did.  I also have the HullcameraVDS docking port camera patch installed but they both worked without any noticeable conflict.  It was actually nice to be able to go from full screen (VDS) back to windowed  at a whim. 

Edited by jpkerman

14 hours ago, DaveLChgo said:

Everything seems to work just fine on my 64bit v1.3 with the tweeked? updated? modified mod?

Rebuilt is the best term, I think.

Ok, I seem to have gotten a thing about this.  I had started looking at it back in January, and now I seem to have gotten a second wind:

Please check this out (it's on Github now):

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/DockingCameraKURS/releases/tag/1.3.0-rc1

Don't forget to totally delete the old folder, I've been reorganizing this.  This is a complete list of what I've done:

• Decompiled code from last release
  • Massive editing to make it compilable again
  • copied comments from old code
  • Removed extra level of directory from release (removed the OLDD directory)
  • Changed Plus and Minus to work with continuous click
  • Fixed up/down movement of camera when flipped over
  • Reorganized release folder
  • Added deploy.bat and buildRelease.bat
  • Added AssemblyVersion.tt
  • Added License file 
  • Change scan messages from all upper case to normal case
  • Replaced Debug.Log calls with Log.Info (new class Log added for this)

And to comply with the requirements of the forum, here is the source code:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/DockingCameraKURS

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Looking great. 

For the new "OLDD Camera Settings" dialog that shows up at launch, how do we close / open it??

and i dont understand the first line, the "2250 or 9999 Unload at ?????"  what is this?

many many thanks for getting this up and going.

really great stuff.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, drtedastro said:

Looking great. 

For the new "OLDD Camera Settings" dialog that shows up at launch, how do we close / open it??

and i dont understand the first line, the "2250 or 9999 Unload at ?????"  what is this?

really great stuff.

Cheers.

Alt-1 will close the window, or, if you have the Blizzy toolbar installed, you can close it with that

the 2250/9999 is the distance at which a remote camera will stop working.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

11 hours ago, drtedastro said:

Looking great. 

really great stuff.

Cheers.

That dialog should not show up, it was a bug.

1.3.0.1:  Fixed dialog showing up on entry to flight scene

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/DockingCameraKURS/releases/tag/1.3.0.1-RC2

Really strange.  When on launchpad, prior to take off.

Alt-1 brings up the window AND capsule went all Kraken...

This does not happen with your first version of this,  the one that still was parked under OLDD.

h'mmm, any ideas??

I will try to isolate in new small install and get you logs.

thanks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.