[1.3.1] Docking camera (KURS) (14.feb.18)

DennyTX

21 hours ago, drtedastro said:

Really strange.  When on launchpad, prior to take off.

Alt-1 brings up the window AND capsule went all Kraken...

This does not happen with your first version of this,  the one that still was parked under OLDD.

h'mmm, any ideas??

I will try to isolate in new small install and get you logs.

thanks.

Did you remove the old folder entirely?

I just tested this both with and without the toolbar installed, didn't have any problems

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Tested the newest version on my modded 1.3.0 game.  Works great.  I am also using the DMagic flex/extending docking ports and this does not seem to adding to those.   Just as an observation, the seven options of filters seem to range from poor/noisy to color/clear  combinations.  If it was possible in a career game to have the video quality go from poor to better (docking cam upgrades) as you progress up the tech tree that might be a feature to add.

I updated Kaptain's Log and restarted KSP.  Surprisingly, the OLDD Camera Settings dialog appeared.  More surprisingly, I have not installed this mod (thank goodness for search, though) and CKAN didn't say anything about dependencies during the update nor can I find any LinuxGuruGamer mod with the docking camera installed.  What directory should I look for under GameData to confirm the presence of this mod?

BTW, when I put the "Show/Hide Docking Camera" on Blizzy's Toolbar, the icon is solid purple.

Any idea what happened?  Did a mod get ninja-installed through something else?

Edit: I switched to another vessel with a docking port and now I can't get the OLDD Settings dialog to appear with Alt-1, nor does the button appear on Blizzy's Toolbar (nor even the list of available buttons).  Weird.

Edited by Brigadier

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
26 minutes ago, DennyTX said:

REBORN.

• Recompiled for KSP 1.3.1
  • Fixed problem with texture creational while -force-d3d11 (DX11)  (post with problem)
  • assets will load only once
  • reduced spam to log

DELETE previous versions by me or linuxgurugamer before installation

Did you incorporate the changes I had done in my version?

Did you update CKAN for this?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

11 hours ago, MikeO89 said:

ckan is showing 404 error in trying to download this.

@DennyTX and @linuxgurugamer has united their efforts in "Docking camera" modification and become a co-authors. link in OP leads to the correct page.  use CKAN "Docking Camera (KURS)" without + "v.1.7." to install right version with fixed direcX11 issue. "Docking Camera (KURS) v.1.7." should dissaper soon from CKAN, i hope.

Love this mod. How do I get it to open default in clear view (instead of with noise on)? I tried setting noise to false in MM_KSPCamera.cfg but turning on camera via clamp-o-Tron docking ports still opens with noise on.

Edited by MikeO89

On 16.2.2018 at 8:10 PM, cyberpunkdreams said:

I'm getting a vessel load error -- OnboardCamera is missing. I'm using the latest version of the mod, just downloaded as the instructions above, all old files deleted, downloaded from CKAN. Do you need a log file for this?

I also got this error, help and/or advise on how to fix would be very nice. 

I also made a reddit thread where i described my problem. 

Edited by LeJules

On 17.02.2018 at 12:10 AM, cyberpunkdreams said:

Do you need a log file for this?

yes.  path for model was changed, but names - not. should work.

PS: found. CKAN netkan issue. 

quick way - go to the GameData\DockingCam\Parts  and change MODEL node. 

CKAN installed it wrong way.  Will be fixed

Edited by DennyTX

On 2/16/2018 at 10:48 AM, DennyTX said:

@DennyTX and @linuxgurugamer has united their efforts in "Docking camera" modification and become a co-authors. link in OP leads to the correct page.  use CKAN "Docking Camera (KURS)" without + "v.1.7." to install right version with fixed direcX11 issue. "Docking Camera (KURS) v.1.7." should dissaper soon from CKAN, i hope.

It won't disappear, but will be depreciated, I think

@DennyTX

Saw the following in my log:

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'DockingCam/Parts/OnboardCamera/OnboardCamera'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'OLDD/DockingCam/Parts/OnboardCamera' as model does not exist

and:

OLDD_AssetLoader: finished

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

You are trying to load data from a www stream which had the following error when downloading.
Couldn't open file /KerbalInstalls/1.3 Away with Words/KSP_1.3.1_GPP/GameData/OLDD/DockingCam/Resources/DockingCam.ksp

(Filename:  Line: 1105)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at OLDD_camera.Utils.AssetLoader+<Start>d__12.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

This happened when launching a vessel.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.