[1.3.1] Docking camera (KURS) (14.feb.18)

DennyTX

30 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Do you have the ToolbarController and ClickThroughBlocker installed?

Ah! That was the problem. But the graphic problems are still visible. pp6B8z9.png

EDIT. Its related to the Astronomer's Visual pack I was using.

Edited by Bob Jub

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

QuickReport: (with a 5 minute testing) seems to work well with 1.7

Details: KSP version: 1.7.0.2483 (Win x64). I've DLC Making History if it makes any difference. These are my mods:

dir /b "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData"
000_ClickThroughBlocker
000_Toolbar
001_ToolbarControl
AutoAction
AutomatedScreenShots
AviationLights
BetterTimeWarp
CrowdSourcedFlags
Diazo
DMagicUtilities
DockingCam
DraggableNavball
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
FMRS
FShangarExtender
HullCameraVDS
KerbalEngineer
KerbalReusabilityExpansion
kOS
MechJeb2
MechJebForAll
ModuleManager.3.0.7.dll
ModuleManager.4.0.2.dll
ModuleManager.ConfigCache
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree
NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicatorCE
PartCommanderContinued
PartWizard
PlanetShine
PreciseNode
QuickMods
RCSBuildAid
ReentryParticleEffect
scatterer
ScienceAlert
SmartParts
Squad
SquadExpansion
StockVisualEnhancements
TacFuelBalancer
toolbar-settings.dat
Trajectories
Trajectories_
TriggerTech
WaypointManager
[x] Science!

@linuxgurugamer Thank you for all your work. I've been setting up my mods last few days and kept finding my fav mods (still) under your maintenance. I really appreciate your time.

1 hour ago, canisin said:

@linuxgurugamer, if you are adopting this and considering that you have already adopted Hullcam VDS may be you can combine them into a single mod with best of both worlds?

Unfortunately, no.  They are extremely different on the insides

3 hours ago, MikeO89 said:

That's too bad that DennyTX has apparently dropped out of the scene. That dude was a wizard.

Well, I know he still logs in, maybe he will pop up again.  Thats why I going to do this as a full fork with an updated name so that if he ever wants to do it again, he will be able to without causing current users to  have to risk a future episode of nonsupport.  

I do agree, he is a wizard when he wants to

1 hour ago, jpkerman said:

I have always though in a career game that the docking cam should start in B/W and add color and  other filters as tech upgrades.

Something to think about.  Right now I want to get it into a release state, hope to release tomorrow

• 4 months later...

I realize this mod hasn't been updated for the latest version of KSP, but I still thought I'd point this out... I recently switched from KSP 1.3.1 to 1.7.3 (on Windows 7 Professional x64), and I've been slowly but surely updating my mods to the most recent/compatible ones, and I discovered a major bug in Docking Camera KURS in 1.7.3 which interferes with the orbital mechanics.

During rendezvous, just as I reach my closest approach to my target craft, the target craft's orbit changes dramatically, to more-or-less match the orbit of the current vessel, thereby reducing our relative velocity to close to zero.  My closest approach is also altered, and usually lengthened to about 2.1 kilometers, and the target craft's periapsis usually drops to several Km below that of my active vessel.  I believe it's related to the target craft entering physics range.

I had assumed this was a problem with the BetterBurnTime mod, but when I talked to Snark in the forums, I was informed that it was basically impossible for BetterBurnTime to cause this... and another forum user came along and pointed out that they had experienced this same problem, and had narrowed it down to Docking Camera KURS.  So, I uninstalled KURS and indeed, it did solve the problem.  The only issue now is that I have several saved crafts in the VAB which have onboard cameras (a part which I do value quite a bit), and I have to re-install KURS, open each craft file and remove the onboard camera, and then uninstall KURS in order to actually perform any orbital rendezvous.

For now, I'm just going to keep KURS uninstalled, but it would be great to see it updated for KSP 1.7.3 without this bug.

Demo Video

KSP.log

Hi,

like psychonaut25 I got the same issue:

I did the tests with stock vessels in sandbox mode. 

Do You have a fix?

-----------------UPDATE 2019-09-21-----------------------
I did not notice the GitHub Release Version. It seems that CKAN was a little behind.
Current Version 1.3.6.3 is now working w/o the mentioned issue.
https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/DockingCam/releases

Edited by inoculator
SOLVED

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hola estoy tratando de instalar este mod en ksp 1.3.0, pero al inicial el juego me aparecen las piezas nuevas pero sin ninguna funcionalidad, mi pregunta la siguiente, debo instalar alguna otra dependencia para que funciones este mod o como podría solucionar mi problema ? 

Hello, I am trying to install this mod in ksp 1.3.0, but at the beginning the game appears new parts but without any functionality, my question is the following, should I install some other dependency for this mod to function or how could I solve my problem? 

Edited by Vanamonde
Please post in English when not using the International subforums.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.