[1.3.1] Docking camera (KURS) (14.feb.18)

DennyTX

• 2 weeks later...

Probably the best way to try to get an updated mirror from the OP, would be to private message the author, or use the new user tag function, asking what's up... Especially if it hasnt been too long since they've last been on the forums... Just hover over someone's username, and you can find that info, as well as a Message button...

@DennyTX  Any chance to get another mirror up for this, please? Thanx... :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

No, this apparently does not work with KSP 1.1 ...I encountered strange behaviors with rockets (such as the rocket moving off center of the view, and part of a rocket rising slowly vertically into the air after it was placed on the launch pad) which did not occur after I removed this mod.

This makes me sad, of course, since it was a fantastic docking cam!

A long shot, and I'm sure this probably violates some kind of "I want this..," rule, but any chance that someone with the knowledge and skills to do so would be interested in taking up this project and updating it? I dearly loved these cameras in 1.05, and none of the other camera mods that I've found work as well, IMO.

I haven't looked at the license to see if it's even possible for someone else to take up work on it, but the source is still available from github if someone were interested. I would, but I have neither the time nor the knowledge to do anything with it.

1 hour ago, kananesgi said:

A long shot, and I'm sure this probably violates some kind of "I want this..," rule, but any chance that someone with the knowledge and skills to do so would be interested in taking up this project and updating it? I dearly loved these cameras in 1.05, and none of the other camera mods that I've found work as well, IMO.

I haven't looked at the license to see if it's even possible for someone else to take up work on it, but the source is still available from github if someone were interested. I would, but I have neither the time nor the knowledge to do anything with it.

License allows.

Sounds interesting, I'll keep it in mind, but am in the middle of another project right now

45 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Did you do anything other than replace the render with OnGUI?  I did that, but it wasn't working

OnGUI not functioned as expected because BaseKspCamera is not a component and does not been attached to object. OnGUI works only if component attached to object. So an empty object has been created, for  calling draw function.

public delegate void UpdateGUIFunction();
 public class UpdateGUIObject:MonoBehaviour
 {
     public UpdateGUIFunction updateGUIFunction;

void OnGUI()
   {
    if (updateGUIFunction != null)
   {
    updateGUIFunction();
  }

also, do not forget about 

updateGUIObject.updateGUIFunction += OnGUI; // Keeps our OnGUI function in object, which call it then

updateGUIObject.updateGUIFunction -= OnGUI;

Edited by DennyTX

1 minute ago, DennyTX said:

OnGUI not functioned as expected because BaseKspCamera is not a component and does not been attached to object. OnGUI works only if component attached to object. So an empty object has been created, for  calling draw function.

public delegate void UpdateGUIFunction();
 public class UpdateGUIObject:MonoBehaviour
 {
     public UpdateGUIFunction updateGUIFunction;

void OnGUI()
   {
    if (updateGUIFunction != null)
   {
    updateGUIFunction();
  }

Ah.  That is what I was working towards, but was too busy to get to it.

Glad you got it figured out, I'll drop my fork now since it won't be needed

9 hours ago, SkyKaptn said:

..ehm? What, in layman terms, am I supposed to do? Put the dll in a folder and drop it into gamedata?

@SkyKaptn  If I'm not mistaken, what you need to do is download the zip file that @CitrusAlex posted:

On 3/23/2016 at 6:57 AM, CitrusAlex said:

I found this mod on my hard drive. I think it's the latest version. 

Download: https://yadi.sk/d/0VUOuDC9qQu37 (no malware I promise!)

...then install is as normal into your gamedata folder. Then download the new DLL that DennyTx linked and replace the one in the install with the new one.

I'm just getting back into KSP, so my apologies if this isn't correct. I haven't tested it myself yet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.