[1.3.1] Docking camera (KURS) (14.feb.18)

DennyTX

I have a problem. Only in "None" mode the camera works, in any other mode the screen turns pink. All other functions are working normally.

My KSP is v1,2  (64-bit or 32-bit)

I`m using Docking camera v.1.2.0.2 

I`m using ModuleManager v2.7.4

An image of the problem.

20161118004539_1_zpsvy2wrv4p.jpg

Maybe the mod needs some up-to-date external program like java, flash? And maybe I do not have

Anyone have ideas on how to solve the problem??

8 hours ago, RaphaelCC said:

Anyone have ideas on how to solve the problem??

seems like you lost or removed "dockingcameraassets" asset file. Did you change mods folder? Hope, clean install could help. btw version for 1.2.1 is ready to be released.

Thx Denny, a lot of us wanted something that looked more authentic, less Kerbal I DARE say.  Dude I honestly don't think you get enough kudos around here.  But your models are with out doubt some of the best here. Thx for sticking around and making mine, as well as many others, that much better of an experience.

Version 1.2.1.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.1

Released on 2016-11-18

1. Recompiled fo KSP 1.2.1
  2. Code cleanup and bugs hunting. Some bugs removed some bugs added. I tried to do camera interface to becomes more friendly, providing small "tips what to do" in different situations and will not allowing situations that causing exceptions. Also, seems like FPS drop down, when many camera windows are opened, becomes significantly less.
  3. Restriction for turning on "docking camera" has been removed. Now you can turn on DocCam without active target. Also, without target selected, it will not show flight data on its screen.
  4. Hard dependence from Blizzy toolbar removed, you can call config window by pressing Alt+1.
  5. According to the received requests - "Forced Camera Shutdown" has been added. In config window you can select a swith and when camera window, which transmitted from the nonactive vessel, dissapears when nonactive vessel exits out of range it will or will not (depends of switch) appears again when non active vessel with camera will come back to range.
  6. New camera window will be opened near previous, without overlapping each other.
  7. Do not forget that cameras needs electricity, and if it will be depleted, camera windows will be closed.
  8. Hope, all should work as expected, if not - feedback are welcomed
Edited by DennyTX

11 hours ago, DennyTX said:

seems like you lost or removed "dockingcameraassets" asset file. Did you change mods folder? Hope, clean install could help. btw version for 1.2.1 is ready to be released.

Thanks for the reply, and I'd like to thank you for the MOD

I did not change any original files, I just added them to the 'Game Data' folder.

I think you got it right by talking about the file 'dockingcameraassets'. Because I did not see anything superficially wrong in 'DockingCam', so I checked the 'ModuleManager'.

In game, I opened the 'ModuleManager' menu, and asked to reload the database. As the lines went up in the debugger, a red one appeared, and I quickly took a picture of the screen. Here's the picture:

The erros say:

Error: The AssetBundle 'file://c:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/OLDD/DockingCam/dockingcameraassets' can`t be loaded because another AssetBundle whit the same files is already loaded.

20161118211440_1_zpsb8rshtmq.jpg

error_zpsiy2e4p2v.png

Do you have any tips on how to fix this error?

Edited by RaphaelCC

I used to be able to use this mod..i reinstalled the game and now it does not seem to work..i'm using running 1.1.3 (too many mods that i have does not work with 1.2 yet) with Docking_camera_KURS_v.1.7-1.2.pre

version..

to try to figure this out i removed all the mods except this one...and still does not work..what happend :(

6 hours ago, giddieup said:

I used to be able to use this mod..i reinstalled the game and now it does not seem to work..i'm using running 1.1.3 (too many mods that i have does not work with 1.2 yet) with Docking_camera_KURS_v.1.7-1.2.pre version..

to try to figure this out i removed all the mods except this one...and still does not work..what happend :(

indeed,  v 1.2.pre should not work with 1.1.3. btw, there is oldest v 1.7 on spacedock - compiled for KSP 1.1.2 and it should work for 1.1.3

9 hours ago, RaphaelCC said:

error_zpsiy2e4p2v.png

Do you have any tips on how to fix this error?

well,  are you on Windows?   I do not have mac and i have KSP, installed from  SQUAD site (nonSteam), but let's try the following:
remove current DLL and add this one. and look will there any changes?

On 19/11/2016 at 8:31 AM, DennyTX said:

well,  are you on Windows?   I do not have mac and i have KSP, installed from  SQUAD site (nonSteam), but let's try the following:
remove current DLL and add this one. and look will there any changes?

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit).

Unfortunately it did not work, it replaces the DLL and it continues in the same problem.

Since I do not see this problem with anyone else, it must be something specific on my computer. In the future I will reinstall the game or format my computer, I believe that this problem will be solved.

If these actions solve the problem, I will update the same in the forum.

The important thing is that even with this problem, the camera is still very well usable, and I will continue to use it. :cool:

Thanks DennyTX, for the mod and for trying to help me solve this problem.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Seeker7575 said:

Yeah I checked there but I can't seem to find it. I've noticed from the download link given there's no Parts folder.

If your looking for the cfg it's in the dockingcam folder OnboardCamera.cfg there isn't a part folder

5 hours ago, MeCripp said:

If your looking for the cfg it's in the dockingcam folder OnboardCamera.cfg there isn't a part folder

I don't think so. I have the files downloaded and extracted from the main post in my GameData folder, but when I go in game and look in the Control tab, there's no camera. I had to redownload the OLDD files and mess around with them to get the camera to actually appear in the Control tab, but then it doesn't actually work at all/open the camera window.

Edited by Seeker7575
clarification

1 hour ago, Seeker7575 said:

I don't think so. I have the files downloaded and extracted from the main post in my GameData folder, but when I go in game and look in the Control tab, there's no camera. I had to redownload the OLDD files and mess around with them to get the camera to actually appear in the Control tab, but then it doesn't actually work at all/open the camera window.

The install path should be KSP/GameData/OLDD   what ksp you running 1.2.1 ? or older ?

• 2 weeks later...

For those having problems finding the camera on the parts list: it happened to me too but I discovered what is wrong. Its just that the installation instructions are a little misleading. We are all used to throwing the folders into the 'game data', but in this case you have to copy the OLDD folder into 'game data', and not what is inside 'OLDD'. In other words, it has to look like this: GAMEDATA\OLDD\ETCETERA. If you do differently (GAMEDATA\DOCKINGCAM or whatever), the docking cam will actually work, but not the rest, misleading you as to having properly installing the mod (having some of it working and some of it not working makes you think that the files were properly pasted, when actually it is not the case). Perhaps the dev should explain this a little better in the initial post.

Now I have a couple of questions of my own:

1 - I am running 1.2.2, and the button that activates the 'settings' box is nowhere to be seen! Is this correct or should I have a 'dockingcam' config button somewhere in the GUI?

2 - Is there any way to increase scroll speed of the camera? It rotates so damn slowly! I read the the config files and it doesn't seem to be an specification for the camera scroll speed.

Kudos on a great mod! 

Edited by Daniel Prates

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.