[1.0.5] [Kopernicus] Kerbol Plus Remade v1.1 [19Nov15] - Reborn and revived!

KillAshley

What about science results?

biomes and science is available on all planets, but I'm not a writer so there aren't any custom sciDefsfor teh experiments yet. They currently only use default definitions. If anyone would like to contribute feel free to PM me.

Ugh, seems like this whole situation is a mess. But my several cents:

Bad mouthing another modder just looks bad yourself, and frankly puts me off this mod.

I'm not keen on the new names, but that's a minor quibble really. Though I second changing "Sarin" to something that isn't a chemical weapon.

I greatly prefer Shayle to Shay, at least going by how they look in the screenshots.

Your other screenshots look good.

As I understood it Kerbol Plus's original goal was to implement NovaSilisko's old ideas, but Amarius started to deviate away from that. Are you planning on returning to Nova's ideas or just doing your own thing?

I wouldn't go all-procedural just for the sake of it. That's what Uncharted Lands is for, right? Do what makes the planets look how you want, whether that be all-procedural or using a heightmap.

Ugh, seems like this whole situation is a mess.

It is, but retaking control of this pack is the first step to sorting this ugly mess out once and for all.

Bad mouthing another modder just looks bad yourself, and frankly puts me off this mod.

I havent said anything which wasn't true and confirm-able by multiple people. The main basis for why the explanation in the OP was to explain WHY i ended up doing this. If you step back and try and understand how it is on my end to have my own work used by others and someone else claiming all credit, then maybe you'd understand just why i needed to set the record straight.

I'm not keen on the new names, but that's a minor quibble really. Though I second changing "Sarin" to something that isn't a chemical weapon.

tbh i didnt think about it until after it was released, maybe I'll change it again, who knows. It's the same reason I ended up with the new New Horizons for my other pack, as the name sounded good at the time and I couldn't remember where it came from.

As I understood it Kerbol Plus's original goal was to implement NovaSilisko's old ideas, but Amarius started to deviate away from that. Are you planning on returning to Nova's ideas or just doing your own thing?

I not using Nova's ideas, which is why i changed the names away from the "Nova names", yet tried to keep them similar enough so they weren't too much of a change. I'm just doing what I promised to do a long time ago and fix these planets.

I wouldn't go all-procedural just for the sake of it. That's what Uncharted Lands is for, right? Do what makes the planets look how you want, whether that be all-procedural or using a heightmap.

I'm not, don't worry. Planets that are procedural are minor bodies that really shouldn't be sing heightmaps. I still use the heightmaps from KerbolPlus, however they are uncredited because I originally made them (apart from the ones credited in the OP)

It is, but retaking control of this pack is the first step to sorting this ugly mess out once and for all.

I havent said anything which wasn't true and confirm-able by multiple people. The main basis for why the explanation in the OP was to explain WHY i ended up doing this. If you step back and try and understand how it is on my end to have my own work used by others and someone else claiming all credit, then maybe you'd understand just why i needed to set the record straight.

tbh i didnt think about it until after it was released, maybe I'll change it again, who knows. It's the same reason I ended up with the new New Horizons for my other pack, as the name sounded good at the time and I couldn't remember where it came from.

I not using Nova's ideas, which is why i changed the names away from the "Nova names", yet tried to keep them similar enough so they weren't too much of a change. I'm just doing what I promised to do a long time ago and fix these planets.

I'm not, don't worry. Planets that are procedural are minor bodies that really shouldn't be sing heightmaps. I still use the heightmaps from KerbolPlus, however they are uncredited because I originally made them (apart from the ones credited in the OP)

Well, at least Kerbal Origins is A LOT more close to Nova's ideas... Kerbol Plus will still look cool, trough... Good job. Could you derivate from the Keelon idea? People will think that our packs are copies of each other and get confused and I am anyway planning a Keelon overhaul for Kerbal Origins. Please don't take that idea from me. Also, if you'll add cryovolcano to Potatus, at least add more of them.

SO... am I still a contributor? Or, from now on, I have no rights over Kerbol Plus?

Edited by amarius1

Well, at least Kerbal Origins is A LOT more close to Nova's ideas... Kerbol Plus will still look cool, trough... Good job. Could you derivate from the Keelon idea? People will think that our packs are copies of each other and get confused and I am anyway planning a Keelon overhaul for Kerbal Origins. Please don't take that idea from me. Also, if you'll add cryovolcano to Potatus, at least add more of them.

SO... am I still a contributor? Or, from now on, I have no rights over Kerbol Plus?

I removed Keelon and it's moons from this pack because IMHO while Keelon itself offers some gameplay changes the moons did not, so it was easier to just trim down the pack to the more interesting worlds. The future of this pack is still uncertain, you still have all the rights you originally had for Kerbol Plus I'm not here to steal your pack from you

I removed Keelon and it's moons from this pack because IMHO while Keelon itself offers some gameplay changes the moons did not, so it was easier to just trim down the pack to the more interesting worlds. The future of this pack is still uncertain, you still have all the rights you originally had for Kerbol Plus I'm not here to steal your pack from you

Ok, thank you. Because I have been working on Kerbol Origins so it fits the scope of the original Kerbol Plus better. Keelon will also be more stockalike and its moons, proceduraly generated.

*THIS POST WILL BE COPIED INTO BOTH K+ THREADS*

I happened to notice, there is a small battle for quality and quantity between this mod and its counterpart. KillAshley, I thank you for taking over this mod, I did happen to notice the license violation from the original. What amarius1 did was wrong, and yet he still only maintains the mod for praise rather than make it more detailed.

Please, amarius1, there is no point of continuing the mod for your self after KillAshley took over it. KillAshley, keep up the good work!!!

Please, amarius1, there is no point of continuing the mod for your self after KillAshley took over it. KillAshley, keep up the good work!!!

A fair point, but perhaps you haven't noticed that the original KerbolPlus is already dead. This thread features a remade and improved version of the original K+ while amarius1's KerbolPlus has evolved into a new mod called KerbolOrigins, in which most of the locations have been remade completely, so it is fair to say that KillAshley's remade K+ and amarius1's KerbolOrigins are two separate mods.

A fair point, but perhaps you haven't noticed that the original KerbolPlus is already dead. This thread features a remade and improved version of the original K+ while amarius1's KerbolPlus has evolved into a new mod called KerbolOrigins, in which most of the locations have been remade completely, so it is fair to say that KillAshley's remade K+ and amarius1's KerbolOrigins are two separate mods.

Seconding this.

So am I still allowed to collaborate to this mod? It was my whole idea afterall... Just tell me what direction you want the mod to follow.

Your mod:

I am fine if you continue to update it, but as you said keep it close to Nova Silisko's ideas. That sounds good for me, and possibly have a separate star for planets for compat with the Remade version.

Remade:

KillAshley, do what you want pretty much.

Your mod:

I am fine if you continue to update it, but as you said keep it close to Nova Silisko's ideas. That sounds good for me, and possibly have a separate star for planets for compat with the Remade version.

Remade:

KillAshley, do what you want pretty much.

Nono, I was asking if I'm still developer of this version of Kerbol Plus.

New Kerbol Origins is here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/138782

Kerbol Plus by KillAshley won't follow Nova's ideas, but Kerbol Origins will. 2 cool looking packs, 2 different ideas, lots of fun.

[SIZE=4][B][COLOR=#ff8c00]Update: v1.1 is now available on Github!

[/COLOR][/B]This update makes Kerbol Plus fully compatible with 1.0.5 & Kopernicus 0.5. Please remember to update Kopernicus when updating this pack.

[SIZE=2]This is just a small bump to ensure playability of this pack while I work on an actual update bringing in all the features I left out of the initial release.

Changelog:
[CODE]-File structure change for On-Demand loading
-Cfg tweaks too
-Converted Corote's color & normal maps to .dds format (didnt notice they were still .png)[/CODE]

Any issues please feel free to let me know so they can be fixed up ASAP[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[quote name='KillAshley'][SIZE=4][B][COLOR=#ff8c00]Update: v1.1 is now available on Github!

[/COLOR][/B]This update makes Kerbol Plus fully compatible with 1.0.5 & Kopernicus 0.5. Please remember to update Kopernicus when updating this pack.

[SIZE=2]This is just a small bump to ensure playability of this pack while I work on an actual update bringing in all the features I left out of the initial release.

Changelog:
[CODE]-File structure change for On-Demand loading
-Cfg tweaks too
-Converted Corote's color & normal maps to .dds format (didnt notice they were still .png)[/CODE]

Any issues please feel free to let me know so they can be fixed up ASAP[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

What is the main plan?

Also, could you tell me more about how the file structure should be for the new On-Deman loading to work properly?

[quote name='amarius1']What is the main plan?[/QUOTE]

main plan was to update to kopernicus 0.5

[quote name='amarius1']Also, could you tell me more about how the file structure should be for the new On-Deman loading to work properly?[/QUOTE]

try asking in the correct thread, this isn't the kopernicus thread, for advice on how to use kopernicus try asking there.

[quote name='_Augustus_']Why are all the names changed?

Also Sarvin should really be changed back, sarin is a chemical weapon you know.[/QUOTE]

It's not THAT bad. KillAshley can take advantage of the misspelling and make Sarin (the planet, not the weapon) a toxic gas giant. Maybe purplish with extreme ASL temperatures from the planet's huge radiation field. Sarin's moons could also be designed to be affected by the radiation. It would give the planet pack a whole new feel and a bane for players who use life support. Poor Kerbals:sticktongue:.

Also, I really liked the original texture for Pergas, even though it didn't make sense that a desert planet would look like it had oceans. Wait, that gave me a great idea.....:D:D:D
Time for some "testing".... I'll post my results after I try to make my idea work.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I downloaded it, And placed in into the ksp directory (actully i put it into KSPs gamedata folder) and the mod was placed inside the kopernicus gamedata. Started KSP... No new planets. At all. ): The only other 2 mods i have is the kopernicus "dependency" and hyperedit. I am using windows 10 64 bit.

Also, It would be nice to make a sido-urania mod re-creation for kopernicus, Its a planetfactory CE system, Problem is planetfactory and kopernicus are not compatible ):

Edited by Flybuild

Okay, so my "Great Idea" was to use KopernicusTech to give Pergas actual, working oceans. When I tried it, it didn't work, and I got distracted by my work on other Kopernicus and K-Tech planets, so I haven't been able to retry my idea.

On 3/12/2015, 5:38:41, Flybuild said:

So, I downloaded it, And placed in into the ksp directory (actully i put it into KSPs gamedata folder) and the mod was placed inside the kopernicus gamedata. Started KSP... No new planets. At all. ): The only other 2 mods i have is the kopernicus "dependency" and hyperedit. I am using windows 10 64 bit.

Also, It would be nice to make a sido-urania mod re-creation for kopernicus, Its a planetfactory CE system, Problem is planetfactory and kopernicus are not compatible ):

possibly an install error, the KPlus folder and Kopernicus folder need to go individually into the GameData folder. They should not be inside each other (like old PFCE was). They need to be separate folders inside GameData

Also Sido's Urania system is updated to 1.0.5 for kopernicus. It's freely available :wink:

5 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

Okay, so my "Great Idea" was to use KopernicusTech to give Pergas actual, working oceans. When I tried it, it didn't work, and I got distracted by my work on other Kopernicus and K-Tech planets, so I haven't been able to retry my idea.

kopernicustech? that wouldnt work as koprnicustech and kopernicus are incompatible

15 hours ago, KillAshley said:

possibly an install error, the KPlus folder and Kopernicus folder need to go individually into the GameData folder. They should not be inside each other (like old PFCE was). They need to be separate folders inside GameData

Also Sido's Urania system is updated to 1.0.5 for kopernicus. It's freely available :wink:

kopernicustech? that wouldnt work as koprnicustech and kopernicus are incompatible

Thanks.

Also, Can you help me install kerbal-galexy? No matter what i do it doesnt work. It either doesnt show kerbin, or the space center, Cant click on ANYTHING, Stops responding and doesnt start responding again, Or simply do absolutly NOTHING :(

Edited by Flybuild

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.