Apollo Mission Recreation (And More!) [Requesting Ground Crew Aid!]

ZooNamedGames

I don't have steam

We will open a Skype ground sometime.

- - - Updated - - -

Now that was a bombshell: we are planning for a livestream when Squad suddenly announces: 1.0.5 is out!!....

We will still use 1.0.4 for a long duration due to mod compatibility. It is possible with its sudden release so soon, that mods could catch up and be updated for 1.0.5, and if that happens I will make an announcement on the Steam/Skype group telling you all about it.

We will open a Skype ground sometime.

- - - Updated - - -

We will still use 1.0.4 for a long duration due to mod compatibility. It is possible with its sudden release so soon, that mods could catch up and be updated for 1.0.5, and if that happens I will make an announcement on the Steam/Skype group telling you all about it.

Well, considering that many are being updated atm, and probably some still works, i don't think it will take long for all mods to be compatible.

I'm wondering... you're searching for ground crew...

What about Gaiiden?

He runs the Kerbal Space Agency

https://twitter.com/KSA_MissionCtrl

Sure, if he's up to joining.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm wondering... you're searching for ground crew...

What about Gaiiden?

He runs the Kerbal Space Agency

https://twitter.com/KSA_MissionCtrl

Sure, if he's up to joining.

I wanted to confirm one thing- are we using the Saturn I or the Saturn IB? They are two difference launch vehicles, and I don't think that FASA has the Saturn I parts.

I think the S-1B is preferable as we are doing manned flights

I wanted to confirm one thing- are we using the Saturn I or the Saturn IB? They are two difference launch vehicles, and I don't think that FASA has the Saturn I parts.

For launching the sats ? ZNG mentioned using a Saturn I (which I personally find overkill with its 9t to LEO, but we'll try to stick with Apollo hardware), a IB would just be too powerfuln unless your comsats are 15t.

The current plan does not involve launching manned missions with a Saturn IB. Either solutions (Apollo 6 and 8 as they happened or unmanned 8 and manned 6) include using a Saturn V as launcher.

I meant for the comsat launch on Saturday (Saturnday :P) I can/am working on a comsat to GEO. I might be able to do that in 9,000 kg, but 21,000 kg is easier.

Edited by Dman979

I meant for the comsat launch on Saturday (Saturnday :P) I can/am working on a comsat to GEO. I might be able to do that in 9,000 kg, but 21,000 kg is easier.

Wait, what is your sat made of ?

I am not that familiar with RemoteTech, but comsats don't weigh 9t, do they ? :huh:

Wait, what is your sat made of ?

I am not that familiar with RemoteTech, but comsats don't weigh 9t, do they ? :huh:

No, they don't, and a Sat bus, two solar panels, 8 communotron 16s, and 3 communotron-88's don't, either: it's the decoupler, struts, fairing, two fuel tanks, LOX and LH2, and RL-10 that do.

It has ~3,000 ∆V, weighs slightly more the 9,000 kg.

It could even have more, depending on the launcher.

I'm trying to make one for Geostationary orbit.

No, they don't, and a Sat bus, two solar panels, 8 communotron 16s, and 3 communotron-88's don't, either: it's the decoupler, struts, fairing, two fuel tanks, LOX and LH2, and RL-10 that do.

It has ~3,000 ∆V, weighs slightly more the 9,000 kg.

It could even have more, depending on the launcher.

I'm trying to make one for Geostationary orbit.

Oh, OK, somehow I was assuming LEO since the beginning. :confused:

Anyway, don't listen to me for anything about unmanned missions, this is not my job. :wink:

where are we getting it?

We are using FASA.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to work on seeing if ships still work, if they do I'll build a recovery vessel for your pod. I don't know how to use real fuels though so I'll leave it unpowered.

RealFuels is identical to the normal game just with real... Fuels.

Really? I didn't see any S-I parts there, especially the second stage.

Ugh. There's got to be a mod with a S1 in it. Besides, did you look in the CRAFTS folder? Since there's not likely going to be S1 specific parts. The whole Saturn rocket family are just simple derivatives of the Saturn V. Each rocket taking one or more peices from the SV. This is obvious since Von Braun was more partial to incremental test launches, where you'd launch each segment individually and see how they perform, unlike the Apollo 4 mission which was essentially a full up launch test with the whole Saturn V.

Edited by ZooNamedGames

I would love to at least watch a live stream, as much realism as possible!

There's a launch this Saturday! We will be launching a Comsat into LEO for the following series of missions to the moon. Each one will require the same skills, dedication and work as the real manned launch will need. So this will be a practice, so feel free to show.

Also, if you are going to stream this, anybody/whoever, please let me know so you get credit and can get good material and get everything you need to see/hear. Lastly add it to the KSP streaming calendar.