[Plugin][DEV STOPPED] DynamicSFX - Custom Part Sound Effects ( v1.0-alpha )

ensou04

DynamicSFX (Development Thread) "VolumeCurves4All"

UPDATE: FEB 29 2016

I may not be able to get back to working on this so I decided to stop the development overall. The source is available on github so anyone who wants to continue working on this are free to do so. Im sorry T_T

Dynamic Sound Effects PartModules for any Part!

Welcome to the Dev thread! DynamicSFX is a successor of ShipEffects Sound Mod that I created a couple months ago and is currently maintained by CoriW. if you are looking for ShipEffects Sound mod, go to CoriW's Maintenance Thread

What Is DynamicSFX and what's the Difference Between this and ShipEffects?

DynamicSFX is aimed to provide modders alike a bunch of advance Sound Modules to be used to any part. This includes ShipEffect's Sound Dynamics Controllers for Geeforces and Aerodynamics(improved per se) plus a lot of new features like ModuleEngineDSFX which aims to replace the stock sound engine for rockets. Enables you to use multiple Running Audio files mapped around specific Thrust Thresholds, it also includes a new feature called "Engine Burst" calculated with Engine's "PercentPerSecond" (how much percent did it change during a specific time in Seconds).

Testimonials

"What do you mean there's no sound in space, but star wars though! december plz come near"

"A broom stick even makes sounds, how come my wing is not making any, oh it exploded" - Jebbediah Kerman

CURRENT STAGE: ALPHA TESTING

Alpha Version now Ready! and also Documentation is up Finally! By itself, it only changes the Mainsail sounds. You'll have to create your own soundpack for this or you could wait for ARP Project or for my own soundpack E4 Cinematic SoundPack(Thread will be made soon)

Removed the planned modules, because a better one already exist.

What are the features and Current Progress

• ModuleGeeforceDSFX - 100% Done, just needs further testing
  • ModuleEngineDSFX - 100% Done, just needs further testing, or additions depending on suggestions
  • ModuleAeroDSFX - 100% Done, needs to be tested
  • ModuleHeatDSFX - 100% Done, needs to be tested
  • ModuleDecoupleDSFX - 100% Done, TESTED! works like a charm!, now the launchclamps
  • ModuleDockUndockDSFX - on the works
  • ModuleMasterAlarmDSFX
  • ModulePartAmbianceDSFX
  • ModuleWheelsDSFX
  • ModuleDrillDSFX
  • more features will be added if suggested

Videos

ModuleEngineDSFX Testing 2

Disabled stock Sound Engine in replacement for ModuleEngineDSFX using ModuleManager.

Two Running sounds, one far and one close, Also new feature called "initialize" similar to burst, but only happens when you go from 0 to whatever thrust percent.

Initialize and Running sounds are all synthesized by me

more info and videos will be added later!

Download, Source, Documentation and Notes

Requirements:

ModuleManager

Download (v1.0-Alpha):

https://github.com/ensou04/DynamicSFX/releases/tag/v1.0-Alpha

Licence under GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE v2.0

Sourcecode :

https://github.com/ensou04/DynamicSFX

Documentation:

https://github.com/ensou04/DynamicSFX/wiki/DynamicSFX-Modules-Documentation

DevNote

v1.0-alpha : remaining modules that are not yet implemented will be added on v1.0-beta release. no need to worry about your current MM configs, I wont be (hopefully) changing anything as much or at all at the current available modules

One of my concerns are some of the modules presented here already exist as another mod for example Docking Sounds. So i'm quite 50/50 if I should still implement it. Or maybe I should just so this mod becomes an all around tool for anything audio related

References:

Kerbal Sound Overahaul Project by pizzaoverhead

Suggestions and comments are welcome, fresh ideas is always awesome! If you would like to join the development(either Audio Design and/or Programming), Just leave me a message.

Edited by ensou04

O Man more things to play around with :)

I know right!? there's alot of stuff I want to put in

Right now, ModuleEngineDSFX is primarily done. I just need to test it out with Mainsail. If someone has some sounds that I could use that'd be great!

Also if you want to test it out yourself, go to the github page, the plugin is inside DynamicSFX. i'll explain how the new ModuleEngineDSFX works later here.

Module Manager is not a requirement but it does saves you alot of time on editing config files

Edited by ensou04

If someone has some sounds that I could use that'd be great!

Let me know what you're after, I'm sure I could come up with stuff, I'd love to have a try :)

Also, this looks sounds amazing! A real advancement on ShipEffects, I love that engine sound changes based on throttle. What do you plan on adding with ModuleHeatDSFX though? I can't think of anything that gives off sound when hot...

From and end-user standpoint, this is awesome. Idle sounds, bursts, it's like a symphony for the ears. I'm really hoping that the ModuleHeatDSFX portion will mean that you can have the classic "ting-ting" sound of the metals of the part cooling down. Would be amazing to do a powered landing, go EVA and hear the sounds of the engines cooling as you go plant a flag.

Let me know what you're after, I'm sure I could come up with stuff, I'd love to have a try :)

Also, this looks sounds amazing! A real advancement on ShipEffects, I love that engine sound changes based on throttle. What do you plan on adding with ModuleHeatDSFX though? I can't think of anything that gives off sound when hot...

I aim to completely re-sound Mainsail and maybe a single SRB to stress out (and demonstrate) the mod and see how it responds.

I'll be posting how to use ModuleEngineDSFX later so anyone could test/stress it out :)

From and end-user standpoint, this is awesome. Idle sounds, bursts, it's like a symphony for the ears. I'm really hoping that the ModuleHeatDSFX portion will mean that you can have the classic "ting-ting" sound of the metals of the part cooling down. Would be amazing to do a powered landing, go EVA and hear the sounds of the engines cooling as you go plant a flag.

Thanks! It also feels great to be able to get back to finalizing my real goal for ShipEffects, it being just a soundeffects mod to being expanded to a more "useful" feedback tool to know/hear what's going on to your ship :D

About ModuleHeatDSFX, Cyberfoxx got it right! thats exactly what I have in mind. Complex objects when heated "for example in real life, a car engine" makes those tiny noises if its been heated drastically due to usage. the Heat Module will allow you to add specific sounds to specific heat threshold (similar to how alarm mods work, with more advance controls and volumeCurves" and maybe have an option to only trigger a specific heat sound when the part/ship is moving at a certain speed "opening up possibilities for ablative burning during re-entry."

Can we get one for changing ModuleDecouple sounds and maybe launch clamps ?

I have already made the code for that actually, it was for ARP project but I never have had heard from the Mod Author since then, I'll be including it here as well, the mod basically aims to have the ability to replace/add sounds to any part :D

EDIT:

A Dev Build is now availabe! This is for testing purposes, but if you want to experiment yourself and contribute to the project, feel free to do so!

ModuleDecouple has not been tested yet. Direct copy from ShipEffects

ModuleEngineDSFX is finished, added a new feature

"initialize/uninitialize"

ModuleGeeforceDSFX is finished, its basically an improved version of

ShipEffects Sound Mod. Just needs further testing

Download (v1.0-Dev.1): https://github.com/ensou04/DynamicSF.../tag/1.0-Dev.1

Edited by ensou04

@ensou04 My ARP project sounds will be happy to be able to finally work in the game :P . <3 will test drive this weekend ^_^ w00t! w00t!

Neato! If you need help setting it up when its ready, just ask me Im more than happy to help you out :)

I'll be setting up a documentation for this soon, Right now i'm stress testing major modules and so far its been doing great with no errors at all and those evil NREs are not to be found. "hopefully"

Edited by ensou04

Alpha Version now Ready! and also Documentation is up Finally! By itself, it only changes the Mainsail sounds. You'll have to create your own soundpack for this or you could wait for ARP Project or for my own soundpack E4 Cinematic SoundPack(Thread will be made soon)

Download (v1.0-Alpha):

https://github.com/ensou04/DynamicSFX/releases/tag/v1.0-Alpha

Licence under GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE v2.0

Sourcecode :

https://github.com/ensou04/DynamicSFX

Documentation:

https://github.com/ensou04/DynamicSFX/wiki/DynamicSFX-Modules-Documentation

Edited by ensou04

I removed the planned part modules because there's already a good/better one exist as a standalone mod.

Now we could only focus on the remaining available partmodules to make them better.

right now, I plan on adding features to the existing modules, specifically the Engine one
if you have any ideas, tell me so I could try it out Edited by ensou04

[quote name='ensou04']Thanks, I'm actually done creating Rocket and SRB sounds for my soundpack! I just have to design the fuselage soundeffects and its Done, well in its basic form at least worthy of starting a new thread :)[/QUOTE]

im really looking forward to this..i dont suppose we could get a beta version with the rocket and srb sounds

[quote name='BrutalRIP']im really looking forward to this..i dont suppose we could get a beta version with the rocket and srb sounds[/QUOTE]

I will actually, because I plan to separate Rockets and Parts sounds with Geeforce,aerodynamic and heat sound effects.

[QUOTE]ModuleDecoupleDSFX - [B]100% Done, TESTED! [/B]works like a charm!, now the launchclamps[/QUOTE]

yes[SUP]yesyesye[SUB]syesy[/SUB][/SUP]yesyes[SUB]yes

yesyesyesyes[/SUB]yesyesy[SUB]esyesyes[/SUB][SUP]yesyesyesyesyesyes[/SUP][SUB]yesyesyes[/SUB][SUP]yesyes[/SUP][SUB]yesy[SUP]yesyesyesyesy

[/SUP]oh yesyesyes
[/SUB]
Stock decouple sounds are so horrible! Thanks for this much need replacement.

[quote name='Sequinox']yes[SUP]yesyesye[SUB]syesy[/SUB][/SUP]yesyes[SUB]yes

yesyesyesyes[/SUB]yesyesy[SUB]esyesyes[/SUB][SUP]yesyesyesyesyesyes[/SUP][SUB]yesyesyes[/SUB][SUP]yesyes[/SUP][SUB]yesy[SUP]yesyesyesyesy

[/SUP]oh yesyesyes
[/SUB]
Stock decouple sounds are so horrible! Thanks for this much need replacement.[/QUOTE]

Yeap and also, Launchclamps works now!

[quote name='sashan']I suggest sonic effects. There was a mod for that but it doesn't work with the new sound system.[/QUOTE]

UHMM might be easy to achieve, I'll add that to aerodynamic effects :)

• 2 weeks later...

not as of the moment. I'm redesigning the plugin architecture to be more easy to use, specifically for Geeforces and Aerodynamics

I might turn this thread into a dev thread of whatever I do in the future. and might split up the sounds mods above into 3 parts. I almost trashed Engine Sound Effects because the stock ones are still better in most cases. But I have something in mind that I find lacking with rocket sounds inside the game. so instead I might just extend the stock one and add more features in it

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.