[1.0.5/1.1.x] Contract Pack: The K-Files 1.1.1.2 (29/04/16)

severedsolo

Would it be possible to create some kind of interface that could allow us non-coder who just do not know enough about programming to easily create the same kind of mission?

I'd really like to try and create some myself, but i would need some kind of mod/interface since i have no Idea how to do it from scratch.

Your pack is awesome, we need more like it!

12 hours ago, Madscientist16180 said:

Would it be possible to create some kind of interface that could allow us non-coder who just do not know enough about programming to easily create the same kind of mission?

I'd really like to try and create some myself, but i would need some kind of mod/interface since i have no Idea how to do it from scratch.

Your pack is awesome, we need more like it!

When I started making contract packs, I wasn't a coder. Contract Configurator is very easy to learn.

Grab yourself NotePad++ (any text editor will do actually, but NPP makes it easy to see when you mess up your braces),

Check out the extensive Contract Configurator documentation here

As a basic rule, you need a Contract Group and a Contract Type. Those two links I provided are basic "templates" that you can add/remove stuff from as needed.

Add yourself a couple of Parameters and there you go. You have a basic contract pack!

Obviously if you start getting into expressions and things (basically watered down coding), it gets (slightly) more complicated, but nightingale is literally the nicest guy I know and always happy to answer questions.

If you ask a question on the CC thread, someone will pick it up (the contract pack authors tend to hang around that thread too, and if we don't know, nightingale will).

Edited by severedsolo

On 2016-05-04 at 1:26 AM, severedsolo said:

Obviously if you start getting into expressions and things (basically watered down coding), it gets (slightly) more complicated, but nightingale is literally the nicest guy I know and always happy to answer questions.

D'you mean by that those little "Flavor text" you added that are never used in normal contract?

Anyways, tks a lot for the info, i'll try to create a few basic contracts, then i should be back on the other thread to learn more about the mistakes i'll have made lol.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, justsomenoodles said:

Does anyone here know why the 4th Mission won't spawn in? I have completed the first three, and have now waited several months, while completing other contracts, in the hopes of getting this one, but it still hasn't spawned. 

Can you follow the steps here and post the results please. (Obviously replace StationCore with KFilesMinmus)

Edited by severedsolo

1 hour ago, alphaman said:

Is there a requirement to unlock Episode 0? It still doesnt appear for me.

Just unlock the Barometer and it should work. Also make sure you are running the latest version of Contract Configurator, versions prior to 1.12.0 had a bug where CC contracts weren't being generated enough.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Vandergale said:

This mod has been very fun so far, but for whatever reason after the episode where the weather balloon must be "dealt with," it just starts me over at EP0. Has anyone else had this problem?

Could you provide a save please?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would having planet packs that change up the orientation and add new ones but not remove any mess with this mod? I have new horizons outer planets and the cercani system ones. I don't have the whiplash yet but I already got the first and I'm not getting any more. Is that normal?

Edited by 3ngin33r

29 minutes ago, 3ngin33r said:

Would having planet packs that change up the orientation and add new ones but not remove any mess with this mod? I have new horizons outer planets and the cercani system ones. I don't have the whiplash yet but I already got the first and I'm not getting any more. Is that normal?

Planet packs that don't modify the Kerbin system (ie Kerbin, Mun, Minmus) should be fine. - yes that's normal, prologue is not tech dependant, others are

5 hours ago, severedsolo said:

Planet packs that don't modify the Kerbin system (ie Kerbin, Mun, Minmus) should be fine. - yes that's normal, prologue is not tech dependant, others are

New Horizons does modify it but they're still there just orbiting other bodies. Is that a problem besides balance? Guess I will just unlock the nodes and test then reload to make sure.

11 hours ago, 3ngin33r said:

New Horizons does modify it but they're still there just orbiting other bodies. Is that a problem besides balance? Guess I will just unlock the nodes and test then reload to make sure.

As long as it doesn't change the names, the bodies are hardcoded (so if you say, had RSS installed, it would fail because Kerbin doesn't exist). If they are still there that's fine, but you may have a harder time of it, as you'll have to go a bit further to find them,.

1 hour ago, severedsolo said:

As long as it doesn't change the names, the bodies are hardcoded (so if you say, had RSS installed, it would fail because Kerbin doesn't exist). If they are still there that's fine, but you may have a harder time of it, as you'll have to go a bit further to find them,.

Okay, thanks!

So, I'm sorry to say this, but I just don't have time to keep this pack going.

I have a few ideas, but I just never seem to get time to implement them, so I think it's time to say goodbye. I'll put it up for adoption, but if noone steps forward the K-Files should be considered unsupported, as of now.

On 7/22/2016 at 11:23 PM, severedsolo said:

So, I'm sorry to say this, but I just don't have time to keep this pack going.

I have a few ideas, but I just never seem to get time to implement them, so I think it's time to say goodbye. I'll put it up for adoption, but if noone steps forward the K-Files should be considered unsupported, as of now.

Thank you so much for making the contract pack in the first place, it provided me with a lot of fun. :)

And thank you for choosing a decent license, that improves the chances of someone picking it up and running with it.

If you were to PM me your ideas for future development some time, I might be inspired to try to make some of them happen. Most especially if I could obtain a copy of the pack under GPLv3 as that's my favorite license to publish under.

I hope your real life is busy because it's going well! :D

• 3 years later...

Just wanted to pop in and say I'm having some fun with this contract pack on 1.7.3! 

Episode 3 wouldn't complete (something about the "vessel destroyed" flag wouldn't trigger), so I had to complete it manually in the Alt+F12 menu.

I wonder why there aren't more contract packs like this!

Edited by nwillard

3 hours ago, nwillard said:

Just wanted to pop in and say I'm having some fun with this contract pack on 1.7.3! 

Episode 3 wouldn't complete (something about the "vessel destroyed" flag wouldn't trigger), so I had to complete it manually in the Alt+F12 menu.

Oh wow it still works? I thought Contract Configurator updates would have killed it by now. I'm glad you are enjoying it!

I wonder why there aren't more contract packs like this!

Partly because nobody really writes contract packs nowadays (CC doesn't get much attention nowadays cause the dev is busy), partly because this was a PITA to write. There's a reason it's short.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.