Dres Awareness, Show Your Support! (still not-dead :))

In order to achieve one last mega mission as the last thing I do in 1.0.4, I have decided to send some seriously overbuilt monstrosities to Dres to show my support ... Not a single mod used

My first behemoth comes in at 2558.3 tons and 1103 parts sitting on the launch pad.

I now present to you for your approval, the Dres Love MK1 launch to LKO

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by DoctorDavinci

I'll be working on something soon. I sent a Dres Unit out including many, many Sats. I don't have photos of the launch or Kerbin departure but I will post Dres arrival and setting up the Sat network.

I thought this was a "Free Challenge".

And also, I'm not saying anything bad here, but I'm wondering, how are you 'In Charge'??

I have faith that you didn't use hyperedit. Just remember to get some encounter screenshots!

Yes, I agree the 'Free Challenge' thing is but misleading, considering that there are some pretty beefy requirements. You can also be really creative, like RPG was.

As to your question, I'm not in charge, SPAddict is.

Sanic, actually, I was thinking.

Would you like to be something like my back-up coordinator of the challenge in-case I leave suddenly?

I'm on a lot of the time so I hang around here and oversee stuff.

But I can't directly judge what mods are allowed or who deserves the medal.

So I adapted another monstrosity and launched it to LKO about 7 minutes behind the Dres Love MK1

I present to you the Dres Love MK2 ... 2288.1 tons with 983 parts

My intention is to launch another behemoth just behind the MK2 and then enact refueling missions to each of the beasts before sending them in a convoy to Dres

The Dres Love Party Bus Express is now under construction

Edited by DoctorDavinci

So I adapted another monstrosity and launched it to LKO about 7 minutes behind the Dres Love MK1

http://imgur.com/a/Dumh2

My intention is to launch another behemoth just behind the MK2 and then enact refueling missions to each of the beasts before sending them in a convoy to Dres

Over the top, insane, and completely impractical.

I love it :cool:

Edit: BTW you don't need that many screenshots, just get the most important parts like the beginning of your gravity turn and your final orbit. Feel free to take as many screenshots as you did, but just know that you don't need that many.

Then again it's really cool to change the image really fast so it looks like your rocket is moving, especially around the booster separation.

Edited by Sanic

http://imgur.com/a/Dumh2

Definitely in favour of this :D

Definitely in favour of this :D

Glad you aprove

Over the top, insane, and completely impractical.

I love it :cool:

Thanx .... Wait till you see the payloads they are carrying

Dres Love MK1 - 6 Kerbals aboard

Payload: 16 automated science lander probes, 2 mining rigs, 2 speeder bikes w/science and 2 atmospheric re-entry vehicles ... The MK1 also has science and a mobile processing lab as well as an onboard ISRU for the mining rigs to fly back up and pump their ore into

Dres Love MK2 - 4 Kerbals aboard

Payload: 4 Dropships each containing a science return lander with a scientist onboard

And now I present to you the Dres Love Party Bus carrying 19 Kerbals, a mobile processing lab, science and coms on 12 wheels ... I'm going to strap 4 of them to a a big rocket and send it into LKO and then begin on designing a tanker to refuel each of the 3 main ships

Edited by DoctorDavinci

I have a project in mind that involves about a dozen or more launches of the same type of craft. To qualify for the badge, do I have to screenshot every single one of them or can I just screenshot the first with manouvernodes etc. and then the end result? I mean... It would be A LOT of screenshots if I'm supposed to take screenshots of every launch, then in Kerbin-orbit, all burns, all manouvers, in Dres orbit and then the final result.

I'll do it if I really HAVE to, but it seems excessive.

Glad you aprove

Thanx .... Wait till you see the payloads they are carrying

Dres Love MK1 - 6 Kerbals aboard

Payload: 16 automated science lander probes, 2 mining rigs, 2 speeder bikes w/science and 2 atmospheric re-entry vehicles ... The MK1 also has science and a mobile processing lab as well as an onboard ISRU for the mining rigs to fly back up and pump their ore into

Dres Love MK2 - 4 Kerbals aboard

Payload: 4 Dropships each containing a science return lander with a scientist onboard

And now I present to you the Dres Love Party Bus carrying 19 Kerbals, a mobile processing lab, science and coms on 12 wheels ... I'm going to strap 4 of them to a a big rocket and send it into LKO and then begin on designing a tanker to refuel each of the 3 main ships

http://imgur.com/a/FHZqK

I think I know what's coming.

DRES RAVE!!!

354b1038ca6f09e9a585f15bc244abf4.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I have a project in mind that involves about a dozen or more launches of the same type of craft. To qualify for the badge, do I have to screenshot every single one of them or can I just screenshot the first with manouvernodes etc. and then the end result? I mean... It would be A LOT of screenshots if I'm supposed to take screenshots of every launch, then in Kerbin-orbit, all burns, all manouvers, in Dres orbit and then the final result.

I'll do it if I really HAVE to, but it seems excessive.

Well, for your entire mission to Dres orbit you only need these screenshots.

1- Vessel specs or DeltaV (DeltaV preferred)

2- Ascent to LKO (gravity turn start point and apoapsis burn to orbit)

1- Kerbin orbit specs

1- Dres transfer maneuver

?- Dres course corrections, if you did not use a transfer window the you will have a more of these

1- Final Dres encounter specs

1- Dres orbit insertion manuver

1- Dres orbit

So only about 9 screenshots. That doesn't sound too bad, but easier said than done.

I have a change of plans.

The DresAwarness car will be landing soon to circumnavigate Dres by surface.

Big enough mission?

-SPAddict

Dres is a lot nicer than that big bully Tylo.

Yet everybody knows about Tylo.

I wish you even better luck for the Dres circumnavigation!

Well, I get that it would be a lot of screenshots. And sorry, I have to have proof of each ships flight done properly.

For this I recommend a Mission Reports thread, so you'll have a place to document your mission

-SPAddict

Ay, ay cap'n.

Doing launch 3 now.

Only took me three tries to get a design that would get me into orbit every time.

- - - Updated - - -

So only about 9 screenshots. That doesn't sound too bad, but easier said than done.

That's per launch. I won't share my project just yet, but let's just say it's gonna b a few launches.

My plan involves stupendous amounts of coffe, a lot of swearing, some tears, throwing the mouse at the wall, smashing my keyboard to pieces, giving up and finally starting anew.

That sounds bad. But could you imagine be left alone for 4 years?

Dres was introduced in .18, but everybody cared about Eeloo.

Man, I wish I had MechJeb right now. It would be so much easier.

I guess since it's going well, I might as well reveal my plan. I'm going to put six asteroids in orbit around Dres. That way Dres will never be lonely again.

12 launches have been done and documented. Six ships to pluck the asteroids and six that will do the transfer. So far I have captured two asteroids in Kerbin orbit. Four more to go.

Edit: I might do a "bonus" mission to. Haven't decided yet.

Edited by L4r5man

So the crews on the MK1 and MK2 received a transmission from someone at the Kerbal Space Center that contained the technical readouts of the Dres Love Party Bus Express (no, they weren't worried about the thermal exhaust port) ... This shocked and angered both the crews and they decided to protest being left out of the party not to mention the thermal exhaust port, a torpedo could mess with it and that didn't sit right with Valentina.

Anyways ... After a long discussion it was unanimously decided, in order to profess their love for Dres in an appropriate manner, that they will ditch both the MK1 and the MK2 missions and return to Kerbin to catch the next bus ... They figured why send one mission for one price when you can send two for twice as much.

The problem they now encountered was that each of the mother-ships have a rudimentary AI autopilot that would not allow the intentional destruction of itself by crashing into a celestial body.

The solution they came up with was to manually pilot each craft back into the atmosphere and then detach and return to the surface of Kerbin ... For The Love Of Dres, this is gonna be epic

---- Summary ---

The MK1 and MK2 missions are being scrapped in order to send 2 Dres Love Party Bus Express' to Dres (8 Party Bus' each containing 19 Kerbals)

We're trying to keep space junk down to a minimum so both the MK1 and MK2 will be ditched into the atmosphere to crash into Kerbin

The crews of the MK1 and MK2 are not happy about being excluded from the party and will be catching the next bus

Pics to follow shortly as the bus is leaving

Edited by DoctorDavinci

...?! I seem to have gotten some HELP from the Kraken! I was fastforwarding waiting for an astroid to enter Kerbin SOI. When I came out of timewarp it was suddenly in a stable orbit. I hope I don't get disqualified by not reverting. I had forgot to quicksave before timewarping. I'm claiming force majeure on this one. Still gotta bring it down to a lower orbit so it's not like I'm skipping out on some work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.