Dres Awareness, Show Your Support! (still not-dead :))

6 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Great to see, however, I can't endorse it as it breaks the rules of the forum, which are against roleplay.

However, I am looking forward to whatever support you can give!

Well, It was fun while it lasted :D, but seriously, I will make sure that Awesome space potato will get the love it deserves!

(As soon as I figure out how to get there without doing a suicide mission or two...)

(If you can't tell, my company is new, and does NOT have good experience with Inter Planetary travel, so...yeah :P)  

So I am totally Dres'd out :confused:

Currently I have 80 Kerbals, 4 Party Buses, 1 working rover and the wreck of another rover on the surface of Dres as well as 14 satellites, 2 rovers and 1 mothership in orbit with another mothership less than half a year from Dres encounter.

This is what I have done so far .......
1- Two sat networks consisting of 8 surface scanning comsats and 6 regular comsats in orbit around Dres.
2- Landed 2 rovers each with a scientist onboard on the surface of Dres (one was a crash landing but the scientist survived although the rover didn't)
3- Landed 4 Party Buses on the surface of Dres each containing 19 Kerbals
4- Two of the Party Buses had a Kerbal hanging onto a ladder during the landing
5- Have a mothership (the Rainbow Brite) in polar orbit with 18 probe landers onboard
6- Have a mothership (the What Is The Question-1) on an intercept course for Dres with 37 probe landers onboard and 1 regular comsat
7- Have placed a flag in the first crater and also left a Kerbal there to keep the crater company

Dres needs love and I thought the best way to show her love is to give comfort and companionship to all the craters that the evil Dresteroids have inflicted upon her

Anyways, seeing as I am totally Dres'd out, I humbly request to be put on the supporters list with the understanding that I will continue with my Dres Love Missions thread as my Dres'd level goes down :wink:

Ladies & Gentlemen,

To continue my "Dres Awareness" campaign, yesterday two ships left Kerbin orbit. A space station (capacity 16) and my new 440 ton tourist trap. The tourist trap carries 3 crew and 7 tourists. (Heavy ship because of life support needs). We hope they will not noticed that the space station is quite bare still.

The ships will join the current setup of one asteroid miner, one logistics sat, one ISRU lander, one mapping satellite and one surface excursion ship.

Naturally, this is will be expanded further, kerbals cannot live on jetfuel alone. (I've tried). Two further ships are in development; they will mine water and substrate to ensure local availability of noms. Additionally tourist transportation shuttles are to be sent as well.

Images to follow tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

Proposal:

1. Send up a factory ship to KEO
  2. Use it to set up an array of 7 KEO-stationary sattelites
  3. Send Tons of supply missions to deliver Rocket parts to build a Hulk
  4. Send more missions with Lithium and Liquid Hydrogen, food and other stuff to stock up the Hulk "Dres"
  5. Send to Dres.
  6. Go into DEO.
  7. Build a scansat in Orbit, meanwhile do a basic scan for Kethane, Karbonite, Ore and other minerals.
  8. Scan for Kethane with the scansat on DPO.
  9. Construct a landing craft in orbit as we wait for the scan to conclude.
  10. Land a mining operation.
  11. To be determined.

HOWEVER, my modlist is long (besides KIS/KAS/Alarm)... So I send that in for reviewing.

On 11/9/2015 at 8:13 PM, JedTech said:

No one has ever been to Dres. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.

I have a lander in high kerbin orbit waiting for the phase angle right now. Once I get Bill back from gilly then that's where I'm going next.

9 hours ago, Friethjoph said:

Proposal:

1. Send up a factory ship to KEO
  2. Use it to set up an array of 7 KEO-stationary sattelites
  3. Send Tons of supply missions to deliver Rocket parts to build a Hulk
  4. Send more missions with Lithium and Liquid Hydrogen, food and other stuff to stock up the Hulk "Dres"
  5. Send to Dres.
  6. Go into DEO.
  7. Build a scansat in Orbit, meanwhile do a basic scan for Kethane, Karbonite, Ore and other minerals.
  8. Scan for Kethane with the scansat on DPO.
  9. Construct a landing craft in orbit as we wait for the scan to conclude.
  10. Land a mining operation.
  11. To be determined.

HOWEVER, my modlist is long (besides KIS/KAS/Alarm)... So I send that in for reviewing.

Modlist, and mission proposal approved :)

Alright.  I'm going to start working on this, my first challenge. :)  The first thing I'll do is to recreate the "Dawn" mission, but with more satellites.  I will have a narrow band scanner, a polar scanner, and a land scanner to start.  Next up, a station!  I can't wait!

*EDIT*  I got my first spacecraft into Dres orbit! :)

Edited by Snowstorm

7 minutes ago, Snowstorm said:

Alright.  I'm going to start working on this, my first challenge. :)  The first thing I'll do is to recreate the "Dawn" mission, but with more satellites.  I will have a narrow band scanner, a polar scanner, and a land scanner to start.  Next up, a station!  I can't wait!

*EDIT*  I got my first spacecraft into Dres orbit! :)

The best missions always send in the probes :) Good luck and may the Kraken be kind. :D

5 minutes ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

The best missions always send in the probes :) Good luck and may the Kraken be kind. :D

He was, I sacrificed a few ships to him beforehand :) My missions name is "Elpis" the Greek deity for hope.  Hoping is right, I almost ran out of fuel on the way there :sticktongue:

2 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Totally! Lemme know when ya start!

AutoPilot isn't really bad, go for it!

Elpis I-IV have already been launched, including a surface comms system, a narrow band scanner, a polar orbital survey, and a rover whose job is to explore Dres's canyon!  Elpis V (In progress) is the start of a Dres space station.

Edited by Snowstorm

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.