Dres Awareness, Show Your Support! (still not-dead :))

OK. My first mission failed (Thanks Crappy capital ship), however, the next course of action

get KIS for the ghetto blaster, send 2 ships, replace the song with A mettalica song (lol), and dres landing HARDCORE STYLE!!!

I laughed too much at thisbut it WILL WORK

BTW i'm using BDFPS 0.3 so I HAVE to send a gun or 2

I don't know if this qualifies, but my first ever Kerballed mission through Interplanetary space was to Dres.

Dres shall always occupy a special place in my heart as the first PLANET that the Kerbals reached.

On 3/23/2016 at 11:49 PM, Mjp1050 said:

I don't know if this qualifies, but my first ever Kerballed mission through Interplanetary space was to Dres.

Dres shall always occupy a special place in my heart as the first PLANET that the Kerbals reached.

Me as well.  My very first LEGIT mission.  Before I was good I almost died of a HyperEdit overdose.

What angle from Kerbin to Kerbol to Dres are you supposed to escape Kerbin? This will be my first mission to Dres (sorry guys). As well as my first interplanetary mission. (The only other time I escaped Kerbin was when I was playing on the demo and got Valentina stuck in an orbit of Kerbol with no electric charge, no solar panels, a parachute, and a spent solid rocket booster. Ah, Good Times)

Edited by Clockwork

Hey! I just thought of the best way to do my Farewell, 1.0.5! And you guessed it: I will mostly complete this challenge! 

I will do a 4-satellite launcher: 2 to land, 1 to ore scan, 1 to stay in orbit.

And a crew Mission, with all the BadS' writing their 1.0.5 memorial speech on my first awesome interplanetary trip.

@SpaceplaneAddict I don't care if doesn't qualify, give me some credit, my laptop is a a very laggy potato sometimes and I haven't done a proper interplanetary trip yet...  :blush:

4 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Of course it would qualify! But in order for it to be a potato LAPTOP,  mind sending me the specs as well?

I'VE RAN  OUT OF REPLIKES!

Well, we just need to

Stay Determined. . .

Well, if you count a hundred parts being at 10 FPS constantly that's my potato. And we are not discussing laptops in this thread, there is one for it.

2x Intel Core T2 Duo CPU T9300 at 2.50GHz

ATI Mobility Radeon HD2600

And four GB RAM

That strangely passes the minimum requirements for playing KSP, yet it doesn't feel like it...

It turns out that my graphics driver doesn't meet the minimum requirements for playing KSP :( 

1 hour ago, JacobJHC said:

Does it have to be one launch?

Nada. Built stuf in oribt by sending odules if you like, as long as it's to Dres, for Dres

1 minute ago, RA3236 said:

Well, if you count a hundred parts being at 10 FPS constantly that's my potato. And we are not discussing laptops in this thread, there is one for it.

2x Intel Core T2 Duo CPU T9300 at 2.50GHz

ATI Mobility Radeon HD2600

And four GB RAM

That strangely passes the minimum requirements for playing KSP, yet it doesn't feel like it...

It turns out that my graphics driver doesn't meet the minimum requirements for playing KSP :( 

Those specs.............. Go for whatever that can handle. And....

Stay Determined. . .

1 hour ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Nada. Built stuf in oribt by sending odules if you like, as long as it's to Dres, for Dres

Those specs.............. Go for whatever that can handle. And....

Stay Determined. . .

Well I was kinda suprised at my computer. I launched the satellites in one launch and a steady 25fps was the break of my day. 87 parts mind you. It was a normal launch, the prototype exceeding expectations and the actual launching perfectly. Here is the album:

Well now the most unfortunate thing occurred to me: the landers were short on fuel. I decided not to go ahead with the lander probes since their landing stage would have to do the insertion burn at Dres, and would therefore would not be able to land with a good fuel margin.

Jeb, Bill, Bob and Valentina are next and I'm hoping I don't have to wait for the next launch window after the probes get to Dres. This is really a big mission.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.