Dres Awareness, Show Your Support! (still not-dead :))

34 minutes ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Yap, your clear.

Now, me being lazy, I'm issuing a request for someone to just go through these 18+ pages of thread and finding who i have accepted onto the board, but haven't written their names. Thank!

Thanks!! Ill may add some screenshots of the other modules when i have the time to fly them there. And BTW i tried to find some guys in the last 19 pages but gave up after just page 4. Might be to tired right now

@SpaceplaneAddict I have an idea for a huge and overkill Dres mission:

PROJECT STARBRIDGE

This is a project to assemble a giant station-thing in a 10km orbit around Dres that connects to a claw-base on the planet's equator. Dozens of sections will be needed, but here are the important ones:

• DRES ANCHOR: A two-part craft that will land on a flat place on Dres' equator. It will have a wide and heavy bottom piece with 4-8 claws digging into the surface. The bottom piece will also have several drills and at least 12,000 units of electricity. It's next section, the control piece, will have the 2.5m probe core, ore containers, an ore converter, solar panels, radiators, and a hitchhiker module for some Kerbals. It will also serve as the bottom of a space elevator.
  • STARBLOCKS: These are the main components of the Dres Starbridge. They are made for a Mk3 crew module, Mk3 to 2.5m adapters, one 2.5m battery, some mono-prop tanks, and two 2.5m docking ports. Each Starblock is identical to each other, and they will fit together to create one giant bridge into space. They can be used to bring a Kerbal down from LDO (Low Dres Orbit) to the surface with no Delta-V at all!
  • DRES CONTROL STATION: At the top of the Dres Starbridge will be the Dres Control Station. It will be at least 50-100 meters wide, with many different types of tanks to refuel different types of vessel. There will be several docking ports of different sizes, along with a large group of Kerbal pods and SAS mechanics. The Dres Control Station will have dozens of Plutonium generators, mini science vessels, and nanocraft to help with Dres-related stuff.

Now, here are the craft needed for this huge operation:

• DEMETER-CLASS MEGASHIPS: These are giant vessels meant to carry over a dozen Starblocks to the Dres Starbridge construction site in a 10km orbit. At least 3 will be made, and all of them will deliver their cargo at the same time. They will be nearly as large or bigger than the Dres Control Station.
  • CARPENTER DRONES: Giant probes with claws used to move and attach Starblocks together. They will be either 1.25 or 2.5 meters wide.

That's it for now. I think this is overkill enough for me to be an official Dres supporter.

9 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

@SpaceplaneAddict I have an idea for a huge and overkill Dres mission:

PROJECT STARBRIDGE

This is a project to assemble a giant station-thing in a 10km orbit around Dres that connects to a claw-base on the planet's equator. Dozens of sections will be needed, but here are the important ones:

• DRES ANCHOR: A two-part craft that will land on a flat place on Dres' equator. It will have a wide and heavy bottom piece with 4-8 claws digging into the surface. The bottom piece will also have several drills and at least 12,000 units of electricity. It's next section, the control piece, will have the 2.5m probe core, ore containers, an ore converter, solar panels, radiators, and a hitchhiker module for some Kerbals. It will also serve as the bottom of a space elevator.
  •  

I thought claws only attach to astroids. Correct me if i'm wrong plz. I'm trying to claw Kerbin, and if is possible I"ll get the project out of storage.

Just now, nascarlaser1 said:

I thought claws only attach to astroids. Correct me if i'm wrong plz. I'm trying to claw Kerbin, and if is possible I"ll get the project out of storage.

I don't know; this is trail-and-error for me. If that doesn't work, I'll use some type of engine to keep it down, like with Danny2462's planet-busting device.

6 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

I don't know; this is trail-and-error for me. If that doesn't work, I'll use some type of engine to keep it down, like with Danny2462's planet-busting device.

if you use mods (I don't yet) you can also use KAS I think.

Edited by nascarlaser1

Two ways I see that this could work: 1. Use rockets to hold the base down. 2. Make a ring that can wrap around Gilly, and maybe have multiple ladders. Have to worry about orbital collisions though.

3 minutes ago, W. Kerman said:

I wish that claws worked on planets, Gilly to eve soi ladder would be awesome.

you could land an asteroid, then attach a double claw box (claw+structural thingy+ another claw), and from there do it. That would work for the dres awareness thing and for your thing about the gilly soi.

2 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

Sorry for the noob question, I'm new to KSP (can't even get to the mun safely) but what is a circumnavigation?

Check out the Elcano challenge, it is landing a rover and driving around the whole planet/moon.

I haven't managed to do any elcanos yet.

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/08/2016 at 7:07 PM, Calvingamr said:

I confirm. Just sent a probe out, there is no way. Sadly

If you aren't looking to be fully stock then Extraplanetary Launchpads lets you build using survey stakes, those survey stakes would let you build with launch clamps so... If you made your towers base in VAB with launch clamps then you could then get the beginning of your tower attached to Dres or wherever really. I used this method to make a whole MKS base on Dres (sorry no pics, it was a failed experiment because of Hab limitations and the time taken to get to and from Dres).

On 13.9.2016 at 1:56 PM, Jahulath said:

If you aren't looking to be fully stock then Extraplanetary Launchpads lets you build using survey stakes, those survey stakes would let you build with launch clamps so... If you made your towers base in VAB with launch clamps then you could then get the beginning of your tower attached to Dres or wherever really. I used this method to make a whole MKS base on Dres (sorry no pics, it was a failed experiment because of Hab limitations and the time taken to get to and from Dres).

that's genius!!

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.