Dres Awareness, Show Your Support! (still not-dead :))

On 10/15/2017 at 7:40 PM, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Now that's a dedicated love-letter. Can I ask for any proofs-of-travel? If you can provide, it's a sport on the Dresd Supporter list for you :)

Didn't document the voyage the first time so, sadly, I had to do it again. Needed to finish another challenge before I could get back to it but, I really wanted to make the Dres Supporter List, so this time I treated it like a true challenge and documented everything. Thought it might look better with a smaller asteroid as well, so this time I grabbed a Class B instead of the Class D from last time.

screenshot791.png

Full album is below. Hope you dig it, and that I've earned my spot on the list. Not to mention the badge, which is pretty sweet.

https://imgur.com/a/Wglx3

• 3 weeks later...

@SpaceplaneAddict I'm giving Dres lots of love in a different way: transforming it into a huge, beautiful moon with oceans, oxygen, rings, and multiple moons. It has a bit off flight-mode terrain issues that should be fixed soon. Eeloo and Gilly (and maybe Minmus as well) are becoming moons of Dres. 

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/155620-130-kopernicus-interstellar-adventure-revived-v129-a-taste-of-the-upcoming-grand-update-18august17/&page=10&tab=comments#comment-3214417

On ‎08‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:02 PM, ProtoJeb21 said:

@SpaceplaneAddict I'm giving Dres lots of love in a different way: transforming it into a huge, beautiful moon with oceans, oxygen, rings, and multiple moons. It has a bit off flight-mode terrain issues that should be fixed soon. Eeloo and Gilly (and maybe Minmus as well) are becoming moons of Dres. 

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/155620-130-kopernicus-interstellar-adventure-revived-v129-a-taste-of-the-upcoming-grand-update-18august17/&page=10&tab=comments#comment-3214417

This seems like a fantastic mod! I'll have to give it a whirl and tell ya what I think!

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, ShadowGoat said:

I will give Dres a meteor shower

before the meteors promptly hit it.

now this is something I wanna see. don't let me down :)

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 12:44 AM, Earthlinger said:

Planning on sending a miniature fleet of small probes/drones and a mothership...

Miniature things are always adorable. Have a go at it and let me gush :)

• 2 months later...
On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 7:56 AM, The Minmus Derp said:

I am doing this tonight. With the little toy Dres made from a dresteroid, a com network, a (fake) gps network, lots of rovers, some mining bases, aaaaaaand, a REALLY BIG BASE AND STATION!

very nice concept. lemme see you make it reality! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Through a lot of headache, I got a huge satillite to dres, it was about 30 meters wide and deployed about 12 small probes. It was 6 months ago though.

and I got an encounter with dres and landed on it when I used a netherdyne mass accelerator mounted to my mun space station.

Edited by Fraston
More appreciation for dres

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 12:40 PM, Fraston said:

Through a lot of headache, I got a huge satillite to dres, it was about 30 meters wide and deployed about 12 small probes. It was 6 months ago though.

and I got an encounter with dres and landed on it when I used a netherdyne mass accelerator mounted to my mun space station.

Neat stuff! Interplanetary work is atrocious, ain't it? I feel you. Got any pics for me to see maybe?

• 5 weeks later...

Hmm this looks like a very cool challenge, never been to Dres so high time that I go there!

So if it is not to late I would like to make this my very first challenge, going to colonize the crap out of Dres!

Just to be clear does this needs to be done in career mode? I currently don't have a career save set up :/ don't really feel like starting a new one.

Edited by Torn4dO

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.